Where to Install Oil separator on MagnaCharged GT? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Will be interesting to see the results Chris D......keep us posted

2008 GT Premium, MagnaCharger TVS 1900, Brembo Brakes, Whiteline Watts Link, Koni Yellows, Steeda Sport Springs,
J&M Extreme LCA, BMR Relo Brackets, FR500S Axlebacks, TCI Shifter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokievol View Post
Just installed another Steeda oil separator on the driver's side. After driving only a few miles I can see an oily film on the inside of the bowl. The passenger side is still crystal clear. That leads me to believe that only one oil separator is needed on these cars....on the driver's side.

06 Mustang GT, Hurst short throw, Flowmasters, Steeda adj suspension system w/ Tokicko D-Specs, LCA's, panhard bar w/ brace, FRPP sway bars & Steeda endlinks, Steeda CAI, 18" deep dish bullitts w/ Nitto's (275's & 255's), CDC chin spoiler, Webasto power moon roof, MagnaCharger, Comp Cams XFI Stage 2 NSR cams, 4.10's, JBA Cat4Ward headers, Shaft Masters 3.5" al DS, MAC Prochamber, FRPP 62mm TB.
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Not arguing at all; but I drained a few ounces of oil from my passenger-side catch can yesterday.

2017 GT350, Lightning Blue, no stripes, black roof, convenience pack

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amstung View Post
Not arguing at all; but I drained a few ounces of oil from my passenger-side catch can yesterday.
Good to know. I'll keep the passenger side separator installed too and monitor it.
MACH I Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris D View Post
Just installed another Steeda oil separator on the driver's side. After driving only a few miles I can see an oily film on the inside of the bowl. The passenger side is still crystal clear. That leads me to believe that only one oil separator is needed on these cars....on the driver's side.
On a forced induction set-up you need a catch can on BOTH sides; trust me.
Wait long enough and you'll collect some oil on the passenger side as well, especially if you rev the motor to high rpm.

2006 GT Deluxe - 5MT - 12.52 @ 109.33
314rwhp 330rwtq with basic bolt-ons
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-30-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokievol View Post
After 2+ weeks for driving the car I can see several ounces of oil in the driver's side separator but the passenger's side is still bone dry. It is amazing how much oil was getting into my TB before I installed the separator.
Smokievol likes this.
MACH I Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
It is amazing how much oil was getting into my TB before I installed the separator.
That oil would have come from the passenger side valve cover so I'm surprised that the catch can on that side is still dry.
PONY Member

Thats what I found

Quote:
After 2+ weeks for driving the car I can see several ounces of oil in the driver's side separator but the passenger's side is still bone dry. It is amazing how much oil was getting into my TB before I installed the separator.
When I first had my shop install the sparator on the passenger side, it was not catching much at all if memory services me right. When I learned that it should be on the driver side with the 197 set-up that's when the oil started collecting in the catch can.

Driver side it is

2008 GT Premium, MagnaCharger TVS 1900, Brembo Brakes, Whiteline Watts Link, Koni Yellows, Steeda Sport Springs,
J&M Extreme LCA, BMR Relo Brackets, FR500S Axlebacks, TCI Shifter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page