Trunk-mount fire-extinguisher bracket for my 08 GT - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Trunk-mount fire-extinguisher bracket for my 08 GT

I'm looking for a specific Trunk-mount fire-extinguisher bracket that I found after tons of searching. I'm hoping that somebody will be able to help find a website where I can buy one.

See the picture I attached = This one uses the existing holes for the trunk trim and requires no drilling or anything, just slam it in and attach the fire extinguisher to it. Very clean and easy.

Here is the site that shows it, but this is from 2013 and the website listed to buy isn't there anymore. http://www.mustangandfords.com/news/...5-14-mustangs/

It says made by R.P.M. Products, a Bolt-On Fire Extinguisher and Bracket for the 2005 to 2014 Mustang. The only RPM products website I can find is for R/C toys.

Anyone know where I can buy one of these?

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trunk-mount-fire-extinguisher-for-05-14-mustangs.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	535498  

2008 GT Premium, Torch Red, manual, Roush short throw shifter with BMR Racing pistol-grip shifter handle with 12v switch for Line Lock, 550hp - FR Whipple High Output Intercooled Supercharger 9psi, AED Custom Tune 495 rwhp, MSD Blaster Coil packs, FR 62mm Throttle body, FR 47lb injectors, Kooks headers and X-Pipe, NITTO NT05 305/35/19 rear tires, FR 3.73's gears, FR GT500KR mufflers, Thumper tensioner and pulleys, American Muscle GT500 wheels, SLP Line Lock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016
GT Member

Personally, I'd mount it in the passenger floorboard or behind the driver or passenger seat. In a decent amount of crashes, the trunk isn't readily accessible where the interior generally is.

sqidd likes this.

Current:
2007 Mustang GT 5-speed 3.31 gears, Hidden Hitch Receiver, Barton Short Throw, JBA LTs, Borla Touring Axle Back, and Lito tuned SCT X4. BMR SP009, KYB Shocks & Struts, J&M CC plates, J&M LCAs. 4 Piston Brembos
255/45ZR18 front 295/40ZR18 rear
Department of Boost GT450 with 2011 GT500 M122, TB, & CAI | 13/14 GT500 HE & IWP | GT500 dual pumps | FRPP 52lb | CMS Stage 2 Blower Cams | Comp Springs & Retainers | AEM boost & wideband | 8 rib conversion | Track Spec GT500 Vents
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016
PONY Member

who needs rear seats? Mount that baby right beside you while you're driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Appreciate the suggestion and pictures, but I'd really like to find the bracket for the trunk.

Anyone?

2008 GT Premium, Torch Red, manual, Roush short throw shifter with BMR Racing pistol-grip shifter handle with 12v switch for Line Lock, 550hp - FR Whipple High Output Intercooled Supercharger 9psi, AED Custom Tune 495 rwhp, MSD Blaster Coil packs, FR 62mm Throttle body, FR 47lb injectors, Kooks headers and X-Pipe, NITTO NT05 305/35/19 rear tires, FR 3.73's gears, FR GT500KR mufflers, Thumper tensioner and pulleys, American Muscle GT500 wheels, SLP Line Lock
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-12-2016
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I know you are looking for trunk mount, but just in case, here is a passenger foot well solution from Scott Drake. Mounts require no drilling and are a simple bolt on. Mounts are available for electric and manual seats.

2008 GT/CS Auto – Mods Courtesy: AeroForce, Agent 47, Air Lift Performance, American Racing Headers, Auto Meter, Axle Exchange, Baer, BMR Suspensions, CPC, Canton, Covercraft, Cervini's Auto Design, DaSilva Racing, DiabloSport, FRPP, Fore Precision, JLT Perf, Kirban Perf, Lube Locker, Magnaflow, Maximum Motorsports, Moroso, Nitto, Performance Automatic, Pioneer, Raxiom, Royal Purple, Russell Perf, SCT, Shelby Perf Parts, SOS, Stack Racing, Steeda, StopTech, TA Perf, TCI Auto, UPR & Vortech
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks Scott! Good pics. I did end up ordering the same one as you, for inside. I still want to put one in the trunk too, if I can ever find the mount for it.

Thanks again!

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade View Post
Thanks Scott! Good pics. I did end up ordering the same one as you, for inside. I still want to put one in the trunk too, if I can ever find the mount for it.

Thanks again!
I made one out of 1-1/2"x3/16" flat steel, Just need to make a 90' bend on one end and drill 4 holes.

You want to use a metal bracket, the plastic ones will break.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trunk_Mount_2.5lb_Bottle.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	344.8 KB
ID:	536305   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bracket_Mounted.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	330.5 KB
ID:	536313  

2010 Grabber Blue Mustang GT, Forged 4.6L Roush TVS and other stuff ... The modding shall never end ...

Wife's car ... 2014 Sterling Gray Premium GT 401A, stock for now ..
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Cool, nice job. I was thinking of doing the same thing.

Did the bolts fit without any mods, or did you have to drill out the holes for the bolts?

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016
PONY Member

I have 2010 but I'd presume the upper hole is the same, its a m8x1.25 threaded bolt that hold the carpet in place.

You will need to drill a hole in the trunk floor and run a bolt and nut to keep it from rattling around.

2010 Grabber Blue Mustang GT, Forged 4.6L Roush TVS and other stuff ... The modding shall never end ...

Wife's car ... 2014 Sterling Gray Premium GT 401A, stock for now ..
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

cool, thanks for the bolt information!

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott2 View Post
I know you are looking for trunk mount, but just in case, here is a passenger foot well solution from Scott Drake. Mounts require no drilling and are a simple bolt on. Mounts are available for electric and manual seats.

Hi Scott - I got my quick release mount like you did and I have the same extinguisher, but the clamps that came with the kit do not fit. Where did you get the clamps you used?

Thanks!

Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Hi Scott - I got my quick release mount like you did and I have the same extinguisher, but the clamps that came with the kit do not fit. Where did you get the clamps you used?

Thanks!
Scott Drake makes two seat mounts. The power seat mount fits perfectly on my car, but I understand from a friend with an early Shelby that the manual mounts need to be machined larger to fit. Which is your car?

2008 GT/CS Auto – Mods Courtesy: AeroForce, Agent 47, Air Lift Performance, American Racing Headers, Auto Meter, Axle Exchange, Baer, BMR Suspensions, CPC, Canton, Covercraft, Cervini's Auto Design, DaSilva Racing, DiabloSport, FRPP, Fore Precision, JLT Perf, Kirban Perf, Lube Locker, Magnaflow, Maximum Motorsports, Moroso, Nitto, Performance Automatic, Pioneer, Raxiom, Royal Purple, Russell Perf, SCT, Shelby Perf Parts, SOS, Stack Racing, Steeda, StopTech, TA Perf, TCI Auto, UPR & Vortech
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Hi Scott - The quick release bracket / mount is not the issue. I purchased the manual kit, which came with 2 sets of clamps - to be used to mount the quick release mount to the extinguisher My extinguisher is about 2 1/2 inches in diameter. The kit included 2 small clamps and 2 large clamps. The small clamps fully open will not even fit on the extinguisher, let alone with the quick release mount. The large clamps are way too big, even when fully closed, the extinguisher is not super tight, not to mention the massive bolt sticking out. I see a number on your clamps, 1506 and it looks like you have the same extinguisher as me, so can you tell me where you got your clamps from?

Thanks!

Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Hi Scott - The quick release bracket / mount is not the issue. I purchased the manual kit, which came with 2 sets of clamps - to be used to mount the quick release mount to the extinguisher My extinguisher is about 2 1/2 inches in diameter. The kit included 2 small clamps and 2 large clamps. The small clamps fully open will not even fit on the extinguisher, let alone with the quick release mount. The large clamps are way too big, even when fully closed, the extinguisher is not super tight, not to mention the massive bolt sticking out. I see a number on your clamps, 1506 and it looks like you have the same extinguisher as me, so can you tell me where you got your clamps from?

Thanks!
OK, I am from Canada. I purchased my clamps from Princess Auto. My memory is failing me I will have to look, but I believe they are T-Bolt clamps. If I can sneak away from the honey-do-list for a minute tomorrow I will take a look and advise.

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott2 View Post
OK, I am from Canada. I purchased my clamps from Princess Auto. My memory is failing me I will have to look, but I believe they are T-Bolt clamps. If I can sneak away from the honey-do-list for a minute tomorrow I will take a look and advise.
Well CJ Pony and Scott Drake both came back and said they were unable to locate the same clamp as you have, or one that will fit. So lame, but it is what it is. So, I'm hoping you can confirm the clamp you have. When you get a chance, please let me know what you learn.

Maybe there are more markings on the clamps you have that will help me identify exactly which ones you have.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page