Nice work. I always wished my hood scoop was functional. Once day I may muster up the intestinal fortitude to do what you did!
It was not hard to do. Once you get the notion, what I did on the cutting part was:
Removed the heat reduction liner from under the hood.
Drew the outline of the hood, then covered it with duct tape so that the center of the tape was on the outline. This will prevent the paint from chipping.
Then drew the outline again on the center of the tape, and drilled 3/8" holes in the inside of the corners so that the holes were touching the lines. This would prevent me from cutting past the corners.
Then I used a cut off wheel on a die grinder and traced the lines. I started with a metal blade on a jig saw, but the sheet metal was thinner than I thought and it started to grab the metal.
After the hole was cut, I peeled off the remaining half of the duct tape and painted the inside of the lip to prevent rust.
I replaced the heat reduction pad underneath the hood and then cut it out from the top of the hood through the new hole.
Using a door seal rubber, I cut it to fit around the hole and pressed it on with the rubber loop facing up to prevent water from running down onto the motor.
Then I cut out the center of the diamonds in the front of the scoop with a drimmel tool.
then remounted the hood scoop to the hood and was done.
All this took around an hour and a half to complete.