Ford Mustang Forum banner

Candy Apple or Vista Blue, need to choose

7K views 47 replies 34 participants last post by  POCO 
#1 ·
So, I am down to the wire. I put an order in for and 2008 GT in Vista Blue. I currently have a Redfire Metallic, I am trading it in, long story, its and auto, I want a stick.

So I have been thinking about the Candy Apple now. When I first looked at it, I didnot like the Candy Apple, looked to red for me, not enough metallic, so I order the the Vista blue.

Now, that I have seen more and more of the CA, its starting to look closer to the Redfire Met I have which I really like. Not exactly, but closer. Not sureif it changes with the sunlight direct, non-direct, that sort of thing

Dealer tells me he can still change it if I let him know tomorrow.

You guys out there with Candy Apple, can you really see the metallic in the paint or is it closer to solid red.

Nothing against you guys that love your red Stangs. I just prefer a darker red that I can see the metallic.

Vista has a lot of Metallic so that how I got to the blue.

Thanks in advance

See less See more
#31 ·
I don't know about amounts of metallic in each color, but I'd go candy apple red (simply b/c I don't care for blue anything :shiny:)!
I think it's a beautiful and classy color!
Good luck!

#32 ·
Vista Blue sure makes the car a looker

#34 ·
I would say sonic blue first then vista blue. But since they don't have sonic blue and I do like the candy apple and vista blue, I would go with the candy apple. The pearl colors in the sonic blue is priceless but they only had it for one year on the S197. Put nice high gloss shine on the candy apple and it would look great.

#37 ·
So the only choices are red or blue?

Say...this doesn't have anything to do with it being an election year, does it?
As in red or blue states? Republican or Democrat?
Is this some kind of subliminal test you've put us up to?

(I realize that last sentence should end in "to which you've put us up" to avoid ending with a preposition, but it sounds more natural with the grammar incorrect. Just so you know that I know the difference.)

#38 ·
Go with Vista Blue. Its stands out and yet it doesn't. It shimmers when you look at it from all angles, and the color appeals to everyone.

On a side note, i just was at the dealer yesterday and saw a candy apple V6 with pony package and chrome wheels and the contrast looked amazing. But still, get Vista Blue. I'm glad i did :D

#39 ·
I guess I am one of the few here that have the Candy Apple Red.

Guess I put my vote in for CANDY APPLE !!

The slight difference between the Redfire and Candy Apple is the size of the metal flake in the paint. Redfire metal flake is slightly larger causing it to pick up the blue from the sky on a clear day giving it a "purple" glow to it. Candy Apple sort of changes shades of red and that is unique to the color depending on the level of light. I love the Candy Apple, and would buy it again without a second thought. When the sunlight hits my car, I can see the metallic reflexion easily.

If you like the Redfire, you will love the Candy Apple. I test dove a Redfire and liked it, I then went to another dealer that had an '08 CA. I wanted to see for myself the new color to see how far off the shades were. When I saw it, I could tell a slight difference but it was a good different. My mind was made up as soon as I saw it.:bigthumbsup

#42 ·
I say go for the Candy Apple Red... Windveil Blue is my favorite, but Vista Blue I never cared much for. I like the metallic paints best.

#43 ·
I just ordered a '08 GT/CS of course you have the colors of: Vista, Candy Apple, White, Black, and Orange. For me it was between the Vista and the White and what a hard decision it was.

The Candy just seems like to many other "darker" reds on the road, it's a pretty popular color on cars.

The Blue to me was too dark, I really wanted to like it, but on a dull day (Plenty of those in the Chicago area) it just looked like some "Cadillac" blue, not enough pop all though it is quite metallic. I think the Sonic blue was better, I'd really love an electric blue.

Don't like orange cars and have a black car now so wanted something different, that left the white. I in general don't like white cars but the mustang looks hot in white, it's a true white, not a creamy or beige white, it's like snow white. I plan on putting silver stripes on it too.

Just though my thought process might help you out.

#44 ·
I have put my redfire next to a candy apple at 2 different dealers in different lighting conditions- sunny and cloudy. The CA does not show the metallic the way RFire does, nor does it change the depth of color ...........
I would not be happy with the CA, not after all the comments I have had and the way I like the "changes" in the RF depending on the lighting.........
I guess I would say to get the blue............. you've been RF spoiled ! !

#45 ·
I noticed a lot of people saying blue have blue colored mustangs as their avatars... so in that case, shouldn't it be "biased ftw!" instead of "blue ftw"? :laugh:

Anyway, candy apple read is what it is. I think Mustangs are 5 classic colors:

Red
Black
White
Silver
Yellow

Notice how those are "generally" your sports cars colors also. Anyway, red Mustangs (sports cars) are awesome looking. I too like a nice deep red color, sorta like Toyotas "Salsa Red". Nice deep read with very metallic look.... NICE color.

I'd go for the red personally... but ultimately it's up to you!

Since you already ordered the blue though, I'd say go with your initial / gut feeling and be sure to get the blue! :bigthumbsup

#47 ·
Vista.......dont get red twice. It will feel more like a new car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.