Questions about Upgrading to Boss struts - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NAs197

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Questions about Upgrading to Boss struts

Hi All, I found a good deal on Boss struts, shocks and Ford racing lowering P springs. The Struts are assembled with J&M Caster camber plates. The owner did not upgrade to gt500 strut mounts. I have an 07 GT Coupe. I noticed that C&C plates are year specific. I know that he is using the ones for an 11-14 v6/GT/boss 302. My question is, will the setup I'm buying work on my 07 gt? As in do i have to worry that the C&C plates are for an 11-14? I feel like I don't as they make them different due to the strut mount styles (please correct me if i'm wrong) and if I am using whatever remnants of his boss strut mount is left in the C&C plates they should bolt up. Can someone just please let me know if this is okay and I won't run into alignment issues? Thanks for any help received.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018
PONY Member

Garage
Why not contact J&M Customer service, or American Muscle support.

2006 GT, Strut Tower Brace, Gas Hood Struts, FR Intake Plenum cover, Metal Fuse Box cover, Moroso brake reservoir cover, Rear shock tower brace, Front Bumper Lip Spoiler, JVC DVD Head unit w/ back-up camera, satellite Radio and USB input, 2 - 12" sub-woofers, 4 - 6"x8" speakers, 2 - 6.5" speakers to replace the door subs, 3 amplifiers, LED lights under the hood and in the trunk, chrome e-handle on parking brake handle, chrome cup holder trim, and trunk lid cover with running pony emblem.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by huberoy123 View Post
Why not contact J&M Customer service, or American Muscle support.
I called two different vendors and got opposite responses and the responses sounded like they didn't really know what they are talking about. Was hoping to see if anyone has ever put 11-14 struts on 05-10. It seems like people are only putting 05-10 stuff on 11-14 cars as that's what i have mainly found info on while doing my research.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018
PONY Member

Garage
Based on what you have been able to find in your research, it may be a good idea to wait for another deal. Wouldn't want you to purchase a setup that will only cause you problems. Good luck in your search.

2006 GT, Strut Tower Brace, Gas Hood Struts, FR Intake Plenum cover, Metal Fuse Box cover, Moroso brake reservoir cover, Rear shock tower brace, Front Bumper Lip Spoiler, JVC DVD Head unit w/ back-up camera, satellite Radio and USB input, 2 - 12" sub-woofers, 4 - 6"x8" speakers, 2 - 6.5" speakers to replace the door subs, 3 amplifiers, LED lights under the hood and in the trunk, chrome e-handle on parking brake handle, chrome cup holder trim, and trunk lid cover with running pony emblem.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by huberoy123 View Post
Based on what you have been able to find in your research, it may be a good idea to wait for another deal. Wouldn't want you to purchase a setup that will only cause you problems. Good luck in your search.
I actually was able to figure this out. I gave my dyno tuner a call and he said 11-14 struts will work on 05-10 cars with either 11-14 strut mounts or 11-14 caster camber plates. I wound up buying them because they came with 11-14 caster camber plates. I did manage to find one post too where someone stated this as well. The main reason why people like to put 05-10 struts on 11-14 cars is because they want to upgrade to gt500 strut mounts.
huberoy123 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page