Ohh soooo satisfied! (Intake, pullies, and tune - done) - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to thekillerkiwi Send a message via MSN to thekillerkiwi Send a message via Yahoo to thekillerkiwi
Ohh soooo satisfied! (Intake, pullies, and tune - done)

Just got done installing my C&L Racer, Motoblue UDPs, and flashed to the 93 tune with the SCT X3. Started late, around 2pm, got done about 8pm. I took my sweet time with the UDPs, I really didn't want to f anything up, not to mention stopping for dinner, so it probably would have only been 4 hours if I had sped up a bit. The motoblue directions were a bit lacking but I filled in the gaps with the stangnet guide.

Scariest thing though was loading the tune. When it was throwing all those error codes and "dte odo err" stuff while it was downloading the stock tune and what not, I got worried and thought I messed it all up, heh.

Started it up, took the car down the road a bit, and it...felt....good.

I am quite satisfied with the result though. I definitely felt it in the seat of the pants dyno. Just want to say thanks to everyone on this site cuz without the knowledge that is here I would have probably had a much harder time. Here are some pics of the aftermath.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang-online-9.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	40726   Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang-online-10.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	40727   Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang-online-11.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	40728   Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang-online-12.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	40729  

:: 2005 Mineral Grey Mustang GT :: Goes by the name of Angelina.

Angelina has the following mods.

:: CHE Adj UCA :: CHE LCAs :: CDC Sequential Taillights :: Pro 5.0 Short shifter :: Painted and blacked out rear deck lid :: 8" Shorty Antenna :: C&L Racer CAI :: Motoblue Underdrive Pulleys :: Fog light delete :: STLwagon's Steeda CMCV delete plates :: BMR Adj Panhard Rod :: Stangsuspension.com Caster/Camber Plates :: Stangsuspension.com lowering springs :: Tokico HiPo shocks and struts ::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008
MACH I Member
4.6L Member

Nice ride. Nothing is more exciting than the first test drive after the mods.

-04 Mustang GT-Intercooled Kenne bell 2.1L supercharged @10psi, bolt ons, 3:73 gears, big brake upgrade, some suspension, 315's rear.

-08 Corvette Z06-B&B exhaust, K&N filter.

-12 Tacoma Prerunner
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to RetroGT2006
thekillerkiwi, congrats dude.. you gonna run it at the track to see what you can do now?

Daily Driver: 2006 Honda CBR600rr
Weekend Warrior: 2006 Mustang GT

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

if your handy with a wrench pull your valve covers off and get some sand paper. I did mine by hand it they turned out perfect and its a mod that cost like 10 bucks cause all you need is the sand paper. Took me 5 hours I think to get them perfect.

Easier then spending 200+ if you as me

Other then that looks good. I do like that C&L went to plastic instead of alum for the racer. I was not a fan of the Alum one i would think in the summer it would get HOT

PROCHARGER P1SC<WHIPPLE 3.4L
5.0 Stroker Built and Blown
"DEVISTATOR"
Check out my build thread in 2005+ Talk
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to thekillerkiwi Send a message via MSN to thekillerkiwi Send a message via Yahoo to thekillerkiwi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGT2006 View Post
thekillerkiwi, congrats dude.. you gonna run it at the track to see what you can do now?
I'll probably go next Wednesday as I'm playing ball with friends tomorrow. I expect mid 13s. Traction is such a huge issue at bithlo that I know it wont be much better than that if not worse, their prep is terrible. I'm also gonna ditch my spare and emergency 60pc toolset this time. Something I forgot to do last time, heh.

:: CHE Adj UCA :: CHE LCAs :: CDC Sequential Taillights :: Pro 5.0 Short shifter :: Painted and blacked out rear deck lid :: 8" Shorty Antenna :: C&L Racer CAI :: Motoblue Underdrive Pulleys :: Fog light delete :: STLwagon's Steeda CMCV delete plates :: BMR Adj Panhard Rod :: Stangsuspension.com Caster/Camber Plates :: Stangsuspension.com lowering springs :: Tokico HiPo shocks and struts ::
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tact_out View Post
if your handy with a wrench pull your valve covers off and get some sand paper. I did mine by hand it they turned out perfect and its a mod that cost like 10 bucks cause all you need is the sand paper. Took me 5 hours I think to get them perfect.

Can you explain????

Yeah, I have the aluminum C L CAI, and it does get a little hot.

2006 Black on Black Mustang GT auto
premium package, interior upgrade package, 18 inch wheels, C L Cai, CDC qtr window louvers, flowmaster exhaust,graphic express red rocker stripes, red brake calipers
NEW: 93 Bamachips Race Tune, pypes o/r h pipe

13.447 at 102.9 mph
2.06 60' foot
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekillerkiwi View Post
I'll probably go next Wednesday as I'm playing ball with friends tomorrow. I expect mid 13s. Traction is such a huge issue at bithlo that I know it wont be much better than that if not worse, their prep is terrible. I'm also gonna ditch my spare and emergency 60pc toolset this time. Something I forgot to do last time, heh.
Hmm, if im off from work ill go man.. I want to see what i can run on new tires.. Yeah, bithlo has the worst track in FL id say.. their prep is garbage as you have stated..and ive actually never dropped the sparetire, my tools, and this other handy bag of stuff for a flat tire n what not.. Never have i did my tire pressure either, but my friend dropped his spare tire and his pressure in the tires and gained went from a 14.3 to a 14.1 in his Acura..

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tact_out View Post

Other then that looks good. I do like that C&L went to plastic instead of alum for the racer. I was not a fan of the Alum one i would think in the summer it would get HOT
What grit did you use?

Yeah I liked the plastic one too, it looks like it belongs there more than the aluminum one. Plus I'm not really a big fan of bling under the hood, I'm more the type to do things to conceal mods rather than show them off.

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog876 View Post
Can you explain????

Yeah, I have the aluminum C L CAI, and it does get a little hot.
my valve covers are the stock ones. I cant remember what grit I used but I started out with some thing really rough and worked my way to the finest one. They went from looking stock to nice and shinny really easy to do but just takes time and patients but its worth it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0213081505.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	323.5 KB
ID:	40731  

"DEVISTATOR"
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekillerkiwi View Post
What grit did you use?

Yeah I liked the plastic one too, it looks like it belongs there more than the aluminum one. Plus I'm not really a big fan of bling under the hood, I'm more the type to do things to conceal mods rather than show them off.
just buy a bunch of sand paper I cant remember the number i used because we had a box and i just started grabbing and sanding to see if it would work good while my block was taken apart.

I am not aloud to help when it comes to wrenching my buddy said i would break it haha so i just started to sand and they turned out pretty good. I would just get some thing pretty rough and get a bunch of different ones. I mean you really cant mess it up as long as you have another grit to fall back on.

then we just got polish and started to hand polish them when then bling...

Yeah I am not really for excessive bling either. I do want a little bit though but more of a clean look. To much chrome means to much cleaning

"DEVISTATOR"
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterthenev View Post
i always thought about getting a supercharger but i havent seen 1 for a 1973 mustang...any1 have any ideas....I just baught a comletly rebuilt and machined 1973 mustang motor from advanced so it will be out of the car and able to be worked on easly....can any1 give me some suggestions on what i can do with performace. I also got a C4 transmition that is getting rebuilt.....does n e 1 know where i can go to get new rear end gears cheap???
there are a far amount of top mount roots blowers made for that car. I know procharger also makes stuff for late model cars as well. I am not sure about were to get the gears cheap but check out summit.

"DEVISTATOR"
GT Member
S197 Member

Bithlo isnt that bad, you have to light your tires up for about 5-7 seconds in order to get any traction tho. The left lane was where I had my fastest run! I went from a 13.8-13.7 down to a 13.2 just from doing a 7 second burnout. The first two runs I kinda did a 1-3 second tire spin..... but if you actually hold it for 5-7 seconds, your car will hook very well!

I think I might go 2marro, but I dont have a helmet!

2006 Vista Blue Mustang GT:
Mods: ||EdelBrock E-Force Stage 1// Brenspeed 93 Dyno Tune// Pypes LT headers, O/R H-pipe// GT500 Fuel System// Borla Stingers// MGW Shifter// Hawk HPS// Powerslot Rotors// CHE: UCA / LCA/ Anti-Squats/ K-member/ Panhard Brace// Nitto NT555's (daily)// Infinity Sound// CDC Chin// MT ET Streets (track)||
www .GutterMindedConcepts.com
447rwhp 419ft-lbs - Stage Zero
* 466 rwhp 441ft-lbs - Stage 1 *
Brenspeed Supporter!
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT speeder13 View Post
Bithlo isnt that bad, you have to light your tires up for about 5-7 seconds in order to get any traction tho. The left lane was where I had my fastest run! I went from a 13.8-13.7 down to a 13.2 just from doing a 7 second burnout. The first two runs I kinda did a 1-3 second tire spin..... but if you actually hold it for 5-7 seconds, your car will hook very well!

I think I might go 2marro, but I dont have a helmet!
If i can get out of work ontime/early.. and can borrow my buddies helmet im down..

SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Hmm, ive only done a long burnout once.. and it only somehow helped me .1 on my ET.. i was pissed off b/c i raped my tires for nothing .. lol , but now i got new ones. Thats the only thing stopping me from doing a massive one again.. smokin um hardcore

PONY Member
5.0L Member

really dumb question here and way off topic.... how in the world do you attach thumbnails to a post?

2011 Yellow Blaze GT Premium / Boss Intake Manifold/ BBK 85MM Throttle Body / 3.73 gears / BBK ceramic coated Long Tube headers / Catted X pipe / Roush Axle Backs / JLT CAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page