Ford Mustang Forum banner

Best lugnuts for extended wheel studs?

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  pikapp 
#1 ·
Does anyone know what lugnuts I should get for my 3in ARP wheel studs? Im not using a spacer and I have 07-09 SVT GT500 wheels if that helps..

#4 · (Edited)
assuming you used the standard 1/2-20 lugs, then I'm pretty sure the FRPP part number for the open lugs is M-2012-G

by the way, you might be able to get the FRPP catalog from your local Ford dealer, if they are into this kind of stuff . . . it has loads of cool stuff in it!

EDIT/PS: I don't know if those are the "best" but FRPP is usually a pretty safe bet

#6 ·
hey, a semi-related question, 'cause this got me to wondering:

what is the point of having all that extra stud sticking out? the extra threads are not doing anything hanging out in the air like that; so what is the point?

#7 ·
#8 ·
I think I get it -- they are generally beefier/stronger and also happen to be longer. The extra length is probably needed for specific set-ups with spacers, or extra-thick wheels, or wide body set-up, or something else; otherwise they are "too long"

#10 ·
thanks, yeah I understand-- for track use, it's pretty common to replace the hubs (and bearings) along with the high strength studs; but you can also swap out the studs separately, and just need to use the right ones to fit your car/hubs/wheels

#11 ·
I had numerous cross-threading issues with the FRPP lug nuts and began using Dorman brand. No issues since changing over and I put a fresh set on after 2-3 track events. I run the FRPP racing hubs w/ARP studs up front and ARP studs in the back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.