Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

That`s not too bad. I once had a Cadillac I was working on & when I was done, I slammed the hood down, forgetting I had the repair manual resting on the cowl.... Busted the windshield...........

Stuff happens.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavicho3 View Post
Hey man at least you didn't forget to get the gorilla lug nut key out of the lugnut before driving off.
Ha, I did that too!

I realized after coming back from test driving when I couldnít find the key as I put away my tools.

I walked the route I had drove and looked along the drainage ditches and curbs to see if I could find the key.

I actually found it on the fifth turn from my house. The fast one before the main street. It was sitting in a shallow pothole in the middle of the intersection. Really surprised to find it.

2007 Satin Silver V6 / Explorer Express X-Charger #67 - Xtreme 2.6 - INTERCOOLED!
AEM, MSD, JBA, Zabteck, FRPP X, Dynomax bullets, Pype Bombs, J&M, Steeda, Tokico d-spec, H&R Race, Eibach, Shelby Fays2, Shaftmasters, 8.8, t-lok, 3.73, OE Wheels Cobra R 18x9/10, Nitto 555 255/285, Hawk HPS, GT/CS F/R fascia
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Dumbest Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenv View Post
That`s not too bad. I once had a Cadillac I was working on & when I was done, I slammed the hood down, forgetting I had the repair manual resting on the cowl.... Busted the windshield...........

Stuff happens.
Yep, that would tend to ruin one's day.

He is no fool, who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose.

GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

One of the best chat groups is the ROMEO club. You can learn a lot just listening to tales of agony and defeat. I have to say we don't have a lot of successes.

One esteemed member of the group mentioned he needed a bigger hole in the rear end. My first thought was lordy, what the heck group did I get myself into but then he explained he was referring to his cars rear end. He wanted to up-size his exhaust from 4 to 5 inches. I learned a lot about rear ends that day and subsequent discussions also focused on damages caused by bone headed actions like leaving doors opened in rush hour traffic while checking on a flat tire. Wiper blades came up as the #1 self-inflicted damage to cars by owners.

PS: ROMEO stands for Retired Ol Men Eating out. We meet every other day at Whataburger by the State Line and mull over life's ills over a Bacon on a Bun and free cup of senior coffee.

----------------------------
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 GBNF
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEZ ST View Post
One of the best chat groups is the ROMEO club. You can learn a lot just listening to tales of agony and defeat. I have to say we don't have a lot of successes.

One esteemed member of the group mentioned he needed a bigger hole in the rear end. My first thought was lordy, what the heck group did I get myself into but then he explained he was referring to his cars rear end. He wanted to up-size his exhaust from 4 to 5 inches. I learned a lot about rear ends that day and subsequent discussions also focused on damages caused by bone headed actions like leaving doors opened in rush hour traffic while checking on a flat tire. Wiper blades came up as the #1 self-inflicted damage to cars by owners.

PS: ROMEO stands for Retired Ol Men Eating out. We meet every other day at Whataburger by the State Line and mull over life's ills over a Bacon on a Bun and free cup of senior coffee.
When I read the first line I immediately thought "colonoscopy" butt I was wrong. Sounds like my kind of club. I would not only be a member, I could be President.

SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra2572 View Post
FMEA is updated along with Control Plan. They have been added to the QMS documents. After the next successful car wash Iíll close the RCCA in the database.
you cannot close the "control" phase until you get about a million more data points to confirm the post-improvement sigma level

for polka-joke, you might also consider a string from the front of the hood to the wiper blades, so it pulls them down quicker than you can open the hood

glad to hear the ROMEO club talks about something other than health problems, LOL

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
you cannot close the "control" phase until you get about a million more data points to confirm the post-improvement sigma level

for polka-joke, you might also consider a string from the front of the hood to the wiper blades, so it pulls them down quicker than you can open the hood

glad to hear the ROMEO club talks about something other than health problems, LOL
JBert, my Corporate Car Wash Concession is not ISO 2015 certified or compliant so I should be exempt from auditing. Our Quality Management System states that we only need one data point for closure.

GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post

So what happens to the wiper blades when you close the hood with the string attached?

GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

RE are the two most expensive letters with this group.

REturn
REpair
REwork
REdesign
REject

MACH I Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
RE are the two most expensive letters with this group.

REturn
REpair
REwork
REdesign
REject
He he. You can also add:

Redo
Readjust
Reprogram
Remove
Reinstall
Replace
Repaint
Reupholster
Restore
Refurbish
ONEZ ST likes this.

2006 GT Deluxe - 5MT - 12.50 @ 109.61
314rwhp 330rwtq with basic bolt-ons
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
So what happens to the wiper blades when you close the hood with the string attached?
the wipers are fine, but the string wraps itself around the fan and causes a whole bunch of other problems, will get back to you after the next round of product development ;-)
ONEZ ST and Cobra2572 like this.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
Rookie

During my early musings at modding my 2004 I raised the back from under the pumpkin and took off the rear left wheel. Then I needed the lift and thought; it's going to stay still on three wheels. I didn't! Fortunately, Mustangs are solid animals.
Apprentice
Classic Member

Many, many years ago I went to work on my now ex wife's Pinto. I was frustrated about something and in a hurry. I tossed the hood up and leaned over to go to work. Just a fraction of a second I remembered I wasn't working on my Mustang with spring hinges.....her Pinto of course used a prop rod to keep the hood up. I was trying to jump clear but it was too late and the falling hood caught me across the bridge of my nose. I learned why cartoons show somebody seeing stars...... I had a moment of black out with splashes of light in front of my eyes and fell to my knees, would have fallen flat if I hadn't grabbed the bumper on my way down.
Never made that mistake again.
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Pain is a reminder how retarded we can be. Its mother nature, nothing personal.

At least you didn't grab hold of the top radiator support as you went down and have the hood slam SHUT on you hand.
HuntingKy and Cobra2572 like this.

Rookie

Thanks for sharing this post !!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page