Looking at a new pull for my blower - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Looking at a new pull for my blower

Hi guys.
Well I have an 06 gt with a Paxton from brenspeed on it. 5 speed. Otherwise completely stock. I love the car. But I am considering a little more power. I haven’t had the car on a dyno but brenspeed claims 505 horse and 470 tq at the crank. I am considering changing to a 3.33 pulley and getting a dyno tune. What sort of power gains do smaller pulleys put out on Paxton’s? Does anyone know?
I appreciate it. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I don't know, but I bet Brenspeed does

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

That is true. A bit of a silly question to ask here I guess when brenspeed knows that answer I am sure.
While on the subject, does anyone here have a centrifugal supercharger on their 3v? I haven’t had mine terribly long, and the numbers add up, but I’ve never had a supercharged v8 before. It feels remarkably different than I thought it would

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

on the other hand, if you asked Brenspeed, then we wouldn't have anything to talk about here, LOL . . .

I know there are quite a few centrifugal supercharged 4.6 3V's running around out there, but I don't know how many of them frequent this forum.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I suggest getting it dyno'ed before making any changes. Need to know what the starting point is.

130 total pounds of Pitbull ruled by 8 pounds of cat.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019
Apprentice

I have a Paxton 1200sl (throwback from brenspeed) just recently had them install some Detroit rockers and 4.10 gears) waiting on the Barton short throw shifter to come in. But what a difference the gears made going for 3.31s (5spd Manual) to 4.10s. Also the cams opened it up as well and the exhaust is a little louder. I have an axel back and aftermarket H pipe and high flow cats. I think the next mod will be kooks headers.

As far as going to a smaller pulley you can but you would need a new tune and probably want to add an intercooler if you
Don’t have one already (assuming you have the 1200 not 2200).

I had mine dyno-ed back when the supercharger was installed and it was all stock but axle back (even stock mid pipe and cats) with 3.31 gears. It was a hot summer day and it put down 430ish if I renewer correctly. I’ll find the video and post it up. With the cams it should be around 450rwhp or so. Still on stock pulley (9-10Ibs peak)

Honestly plenty of power (mines a vert) and doesn’t take long at all to get up and going. I don’t race it or track it. Just a fun weekend cruiser. Next I will look at headers and probably intercooler and go to a smaller pulley. That’s about max you can go before getting into to much power / torque for the bottom end.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019
Apprentice

Also going to the smaller pulley and adding the intercooler should net you around 30rwhp or so.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019
Rookie

Great information !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page