Ford Mustang Forum banner

Need help with 07 that has six dash on odometer

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  OG Style 
#1 ·
I am having a problem with a 07 that has six dashes on the odometer. It show the mileage first the goes to the dashes. The car won't start or even crank. Everything else seems to be working correctly except for the OBD port. I checked all the fuses and can't find anything wrong. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

#2 ·
Check the connection between the ECU and wiring harness for looseness, contamination, or corrosion.
Did you recently disconnect the battery? If so, in which order did you disconnect and reconnect the cables?
Did you also recently upload a new program to the ECU?

#5 ·
The PCM may not be getting power. I would make sure the battery was fully charged. If the battery is fully charged, then the PCM may either be bad, the wire harness supplying power to the PCM might be faulty, or you might have a blown fuse that powers the PCM. Those are the places I would check first.

#6 ·
Disconnect the batt for 15 minutes with the door open and then reconnect it. Sometimes that will rest the PCM amd clear the annoyance.

Also PAT failure will cause this problem. Or a weak batt from.storage which you can charge or jump.

#9 ·
make sure battery is fully charged -- you said it was new, but fresh off the shelf they can need a charge since they might have been sitting on the shelf for a long time

#15 ·
You may have to get the car towed to the stealership and ask them to reflash the ECU. Evidently something has corrupted it.
When you changed the battery, in which order did you disconnect the leads from the old one and reconnect them to the new one? I hope you disconnected the negative first and reconnected it last.

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.