Gone but I'll be back - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 85andstillalive

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
PONY Member

Gone but I'll be back

Very sad weekend. Sold the 07 GT. I had moved down to Texas from New Jersey late 2018, leaving behind my old home, tools, garage, workspace, and every friend and family member I knew.

Things slowly started falling apart that (severe inner tie rod failure, exhaust leak), without having my tools or a garage to really work from, made more sense to put the money into a newer vehicle. I bought a 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport, and may I say it's quite fun. However, I will miss that old V8 roar, and the power behind the wheel. It was nice to not have a monthly car payment for quite some time too.

Thank you to all who have been such a great help over the years. I have never once encountered negativity or bullying in any form here. The knowledge and help I learned from so many people, I will never be able to give back. But I do plan to get another mustang, so I will be back. The girlfriend convinced me it was time to get something more practical....and she won for now.

Couldn't part out the mustang, although it had some good things on it.

But I would like to pass on my tuner free of charge to anyone who would be able to get use out of it. I understand it is still locked to my vehicle and will require an unlocking fee from SCT along with purchase of tunes, so if anyone could benefit from it, please message me! It's an SCT X3 I believe, and I had purchased from AM. You may need to contact them for computer connecting wire (I have misplaced) and computer software.

Thanks again everyone!

2007 GT Performance White
Pype Bomb Axleback
JLT Series 3 CAI
Bama 93 Hybrid Tune
Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Brian,

Once a part of the Mustang family, always a part.

I can see you joining a Honda forum but please drop by AFM once in a while and let us know how you and the new ride are doing. You're always welcome here and don't need to wait for a new Mustang to make a flyby.

Erik

----------------------------
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 GBNF
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold

Last edited by ONEZ ST; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:25 AM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Congratulations on your new ride Brian! Like Erik said you are always welcome here and to be a member here you don't have to have one, you just need to have a love for them.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
Rookie

Good luck man. Hondas are a community in themselves. I drove them for years while doing a long work commute. I dont know about the new ones, but the old ones left plenty of room for mods and still got great gas mileage. Here is an under hood shot of my b swapped sedan that was my daily for years.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

good luck in your next chapter, feel free to stop by any time, and we promise not to bully you for owning a Honda! ;-)
(I own one too, my wife's CR-V)

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 2 Weeks Ago
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to earldavis1 Send a message via Skype™ to earldavis1
is there any chance your tuner would work on an 05 4.0
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 2 Weeks Ago
Rookie

Sorry to hear about the mechanical bad luck. Most people who move from the snow belt to a sunny state expect their cars NOT to fall apart. The Honda you chose is not a bad ride actually and I think you'll enjoy it. Good luck on getting another Mustang in the future! Would be nice to see what you end up getting.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 2 Weeks Ago
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Hate to see you go, but I know personally I can't stay gone for long. ha

My wife pulled the I need to get something more practical car card not long ago and I went out and bought a Civic Type R. I don't think that is exactly what she had in mind, but compared to a Mustang it is practical, I mean right? haha I know the Civic Type R and Civic hatch sport share some commonality so I bet it is fun to drive. I know one thing I love about it compared to my current and last couple Mustangs is the gas mileage is amazing. ha

Hope to see you around. As many have said you are still welcome here while you don't currently have a Mustang.

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 2 Weeks Ago
SHELBY GT 500 Member
5.0L Member

Garage
As Erik mentioned above, once family always family so stop in anytime.

On a side note (and don't tell anyone), I sold my Mustang to my brother 3 years ago and I still lurk on a regular basis. I'm hoping no one finds out and I get booted.

I wonder if the tuner would work with a Crown Vic, essentially the same engine
MustangLife likes this.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 2 Weeks Ago
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
From Jersey to Texas and You dumped your mustang for a Honda. Does it get much worse?
Jesus H Christ.......just shoot me.
C'mon guys. Don't try and sugar coat it and tell him what nice vehicles Honda makes.
I REALLY feel your pain Brian and hope you get back into a mans car soon.

All kidding aside, I don't know how you feel about it but I might start looking at purchasing a classic car or someone's race care that would be a nice weekend toy.

08 GT 5spd
Spectra CAI, Comp Cam Detroit Rockers, Kooks headers w/catted H-pipe, Revolution Automotive dyno tuned, FB430 race mufflers, 3.55s, JLT catch can, BMR Lca's and relo brackets. Prothane motor mounts and sway bar bushings.
20% tint, smoked markers and tail lights w/sequentials. Clear front signal covers, series 3 chin spoiler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page