Ford Mustang Forum banner

Leaks...

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Richb5 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. This is my 1st post, (Great forum by the way). I have a 2006 Mustang GT that has water coming through the inside plastic door panel. I have fixed all of the usual leaks, grommets, leaves, pine needles etc. Under the cowel and the window seal retainer. I noticed once these were fixed, that when spaying water on the window, the water would leak through the bottom of the inner door panel, inside the sealed area of the door. With enough rain, my fear is that it will fill up in the kick plate, sill area and overflow into the floor area. Any thought as to why the water is getting into the inside of the door panel?

#3 · (Edited)
Have you looked at the bottoms of the doors themselves...there should be drain holes within metal areas.

Doors are designed to take on water from outside of door glass, then drain through door itself.

Is the flexible soft plastic weather shield (moisture vapor barrier) behind door panels/in front of door sheetmetal still in place ?

I am not sure what you mean by 'window seal retainer' ?

If I'm not spot on with above, you are welcome to send me a private message.

For what it's worth, the attached technical service bulletin TSB 08-26-7 has helped many of us diagnose water leaks on this body:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.