2007 GT Mustang Custom Fabricated Exhaust - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008 Thread Starter
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

2007 GT Mustang Custom Fabricated Exhaust

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has Custom Fab Axle back Exhaust. I'm looking at SLP LM and also the Boom Tubes. To me they look like a lil bent pipe and a 3X12'' Exhaust Tip. Just wondering if i could get by cheaper by having them fabricated for the same sound. Thank you.
P.S i have to update my profile i traded my sonic v-6 for my new tungsten grey with only a 160 miles about 3 weeks ago. Thanks again

Tungsten Grey 07 GT
Muffler Delete, 20"Shelby Razors, Hurst Short Throw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
JetBlack has a custom bent muffler-delete on his car. Congrats on the new ride.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

If you have the money the best sounding exhaust I have heard other then mine is an Off Road X with Stingers.

I have KOOKS, Catted X and Magnaflow Magna force's much like SLP's but they arnt as loud and have a really deep idle

PROCHARGER P1SC<WHIPPLE 3.4L
5.0 Stroker Built and Blown
"DEVISTATOR"
Check out my build thread in 2005+ Talk

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008 Thread Starter
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

Ok i found a place that will bend me up a set of Muffler delete exhaust for $125. They only have 3 1/2 X 12 Magnaflow tips with a 2 1/2 inlet and the guy said they would have to be welded on, i had asked if they would clamp them on in case i didn't like them. So Tuesday is the big day im a lil nervous about the sound but ive spent alot of late nights on youtube, with my Wife screaming TURN IT DOWN!! LOL So ill try to post a sound clip in the mean time thanks for all the help Jetblack and rest of you guys

Tungsten Grey 07 GT
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezsoldier View Post
Ok i found a place that will bend me up a set of Muffler delete exhaust for $125. They only have 3 1/2 X 12 Magnaflow tips with a 2 1/2 inlet and the guy said they would have to be welded on, i had asked if they would clamp them on in case i didn't like them. So Tuesday is the big day im a lil nervous about the sound but ive spent alot of late nights on youtube, with my Wife screaming TURN IT DOWN!! LOL So ill try to post a sound clip in the mean time thanks for all the help Jetblack and rest of you guys
Good deal. Is the pipe stainless or aluminized steel?

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008
S197 Member

I have a custom muffler delete, sound the same as SLP LM's but for less of a dent in your wallet.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008 Thread Starter
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

Well my wife asked me a good question, what about the warranty anyone know if this type of exhaust will void anything. I'm going to do some calling tomorrow if no one knows. thanks

Tungsten Grey 07 GT
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008 Thread Starter
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

Stainless magnaflow tips, that was my fist question i don't want rusty tips haha

Tungsten Grey 07 GT
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Well my wife asked me a good question, what about the warranty anyone know if this type of exhaust will void anything. I'm going to do some calling tomorrow if no one knows. thanks
Only thing that'll be void is the warranty on the mufflers.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Stainless magnaflow tips, that was my fist question i don't want rusty tips haha
If the pipes are aluminized, they should be fine.

1965 Mustang Coupe
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
just so long as you stay away from the mid-pipe and headers, only the mufflers will be voided in the warranty.

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

GT Member
S197 Member

I had the straight pipes also for a while too ,loved them. Now why did i switch? Too much with the off road x pipe i am sure,but maybee i will try it out just to keep the neighbors in check

2006 Mustang GT. CDC classic chin spoiler,Off road x stock axlebacks,Tunable Induction CAI,SCTtuner. FRPP 3.73 gear,Rear window louver,Qtr window louvers.Shaker hood, MACH11 shifter.
Best ET to date- 11.89 @ 114 mph on spray,390 rwhp,520 rwtq
No more Nitrous all motor now.Don't ask.
Car is gone,but still a member...and Mustang fan
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk281gt View Post
I had the straight pipes also for a while too ,loved them. Now why did i switch? Too much with the off road x pipe i am sure,but maybee i will try it out just to keep the neighbors in check
It's amazing how additional exhaust changes can ruin a perfectly good setup.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008 Thread Starter
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

well the exhaust is on and they sound AWSOME as soon as the exhaust guy started it to pull it off the rack i knew i made the perfect choice. Also it turns alot of heads now when they hear me coming. the final price was $139 i was going to post a video for sound but like most people say it wouldn't do any justice, but i will post sum pics later on. What i like about how they custom'd the exhaust is that they cut right behind the factory mufflers so if i want i can still buy a bolt on kit and unbolt the custom tips they made. thanks for all the Help Guys

Tungsten Grey 07 GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page