Latest and greatest mod - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rocket View Post
Nope, no extra drilling for this one! I'd have nightmares for weeks if I had to do that! Like Kimberly mentioned - we like this one BECAUSE we don't want more holes, and using factory holes is a GOOD thing... the GT500 spoiler covers up the extra set of holes from the stock spoiler, and sealing them up with silicone (underneath) helps keep it nice and leak-free.

Tell you what, Kimberly, you cruise on up here, and we'll get you all squared away! I'm sure not the expert, though - I'm sure there are more talented individuals here that are much closer to you!

And no - nothing with a tracking number. The site had a blurb about shipping same-day or w/in 24 hours, but the first clue I had it would be delivered was the UPS sticker on my front door. I can deal with that, I guess!
Strangely enough, in yesterday's USPS mail, I received an invoice from Atlanta Auto showing that the spoiler was paid for and the words: "DROP SHIP - NO SHIPPING" but no new e-mails and no spoiler.
I'll wait until Thursday before I panic. :hihi:
Did the spoiler come with the silicone you referred to or is that something I should go ahead and pick up?
Thank you, Katie!

2008 Mustang GT Premium, coupe, GT500-esque conversion, standard, torch red w/dark charcoal interior, K&N CAI, BBK twin 62mm throttle body, BBK tuned shorty headers, SCT SF3 / X3 Power Flash Preloaded Custom Tuner, Steeda UDPs, MGW shifter, 18" chrome GT500 wheels, turn signal side mirrors. Torch Red Registry #249

2013 Lexus RX350, 270 HP V6, Fire Agate/Parchment

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Did I mention you stink! JK LOL That looks great! I bet your grinning ear to ear!!

Can life get any better????

Quote:
Originally Posted by white angel View Post
Did I mention you stink! JK LOL That looks great! I bet your grinning ear to ear!!
GIRLFIGHT!!!!

I'll bring the popcorn....

10 Red Candy Metallic GT
05 Sonic Blue Metallic GT (Sold)

97 Crystal White Cobra (Sold)

98 Rio Red GT Convertible (Sold)
82 Black Mercury Capri 5.0 (Deceased)

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC Fan View Post
Strangely enough, in yesterday's USPS mail, I received an invoice from Atlanta Auto showing that the spoiler was paid for and the words: "DROP SHIP - NO SHIPPING" but no new e-mails and no spoiler.
Did the spoiler come with the silicone you referred to or is that something I should go ahead and pick up?
Thank you, Katie!
Strange indeed! I think you're more patient than I would be under the circumstances!

You'll want to pick up your own silicone, probably the clear kind. It's not included with your order, just a helpful hint passed on from one Mustanger to another!

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by white angel View Post
I sure hope I don't stink! I do remember taking care of that this morning! lol

Glad to hear you like it, too! Was out cruising around for a little while, yesterday, having a grand old time, and seemed to get a few more looks than usual! Who wouldn't enjoy that, I'd like to know?!?!

Thank you, Ronda!

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
MACH I Member

Quote:
You'll want your own silicone.
All you guys out there take note that Katie (Red Rocket) has recommended getting silicone to Kimberly (AC/DC Fan). Do you think any of us guys could have gotten away with suggesting that?

2013 Boss 302 gotta-have-it green
2008 Shelby GT500 torch red with black stripes + sequentials
2001 Cobra mineral grey with 2003 Mach 1 shaker hood
1996 Cobra color-shifting mystic paint + sequentials
GT Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FuzzyDice
Quote:
I sure hope I don't stink! I do remember taking care of that this morning! lol

Glad to hear you like it, too! Was out cruising around for a little while, yesterday, having a grand old time, and seemed to get a few more looks than usual! Who wouldn't enjoy that, I'd like to know?!?!

Thank you, Ronda!
Yes.....but I think there would be a debate as to whether the looks were directed at the car or the driver.....lol.

2007 GT convertible - black 5 speed MT: charcoal aluminum panel, black/dove int, anti-theft, cloth top, GT appearance pkg, MODS - MGW shifter, CDC Conv Light Bar, Pony 12V plug, Shelby Hood Pins, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Steeda Strut Tower Covers, FRPP GTA's, CDC Classic chin spoiler, GT500 spoiler, Agent47 Mirrors, 18" Chrome DD bullitt rims/Continental tires, C&L CAI, Infinity speakers, RoadWire 2-tone leather interior, 4.6 badges, Dyno Tune-Mongillo Motors-New Haven-CT-301 rwhp/297 rwt
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Paul View Post
All you guys out there take note that Katie (Red Rocket) has recommended getting silicone to Kimberly (AC/DC Fan). Do you think any of us guys could have gotten away with suggesting that?
Quote:
Thank you, Katie!
Not to take anything away from your statement, Gary, but I did ask her about silicone.
Or was it your contention that any guy would've known this and therefore have felt like the other guy was being condescending by suggesting silicone? :hihi:
Or were you referring to a guy getting away with suggesting it to a woman? This isn't a plastic surgery forum so I have no qualm with anyone here suggesting silicone!

2008 Mustang GT Premium, coupe, GT500-esque conversion, standard, torch red w/dark charcoal interior, K&N CAI, BBK twin 62mm throttle body, BBK tuned shorty headers, SCT SF3 / X3 Power Flash Preloaded Custom Tuner, Steeda UDPs, MGW shifter, 18" chrome GT500 wheels, turn signal side mirrors. Torch Red Registry #249

2013 Lexus RX350, 270 HP V6, Fire Agate/Parchment

Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
Looks great. Atlanta Auto sells good stuff.
I agree it does look great and I am a little spoiled having Atlanta Auto as my local supplier.:shiny:

"One of these early mornings, oh, you gonna be wiping your weeping eyes.
I bought you a brand new mustang 'bout nineteen sixty five
Now you come around signifying a woman, you don't wanna let me ride.
Mustang Sally, think you better slow your mustang down".
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyDice View Post
Yes.....but I think there would be a debate as to whether the looks were directed at the car or the driver.....lol.
My assumption is always the car - cuz that's what I'd be looking at!

But, I guess, if someone wants to look at the driver, that's okay, too!

post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Not to take anything away from your statement, Gary, but I did ask her about silicone.
Or was it your contention that any guy would've known this and therefore have felt like the other guy was being condescending by suggesting silicone? :hihi:
Or were you referring to a guy getting away with suggesting it to a woman? This isn't a plastic surgery forum so I have no qualm with anyone here suggesting silicone!
For my part, Gary - I don't think there's a good way to answer that! One big heap o' trouble sitting right there, waiting for someone to pick it up and run with it! lol

Good one, Kimberly!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page