Kooks or Stainless Works LT Headers for 2006 Mustang GT - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Kooks or Stainless Works LT Headers for 2006 Mustang GT

I am thinking of getting the Kooks or Stainless Works Long tube Headers . I tried to make a poll and I guess I am unable . Not sure why?

Any feedback on the matter would be appreciated. I want the most power I can get, and best quality. I just want to get the best for my money . The Kooks are more and I do not mind paying a little more if I get more power.

JLT CAI/BAMA tune,moto blue pullies,3:73`s,LPW girdle;Powerhouse DS,CHE safety loop,CHE LCA`S & Adjustable UCA,Kooks LT`S & O/R X Pipe,prothane MM`s,Steeda CMDP`S,Eibach springs,Tokico D specs,Polished TB(by Me),Steeda radiator support,Zex kit 100 shot. Taylor Relocation battery kit and cut off switch,PTC converter,Bogarts and Hosier QTP`S.
11:903 ET, 1.67 60`,111.897 MPH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
S197 Member

I am using the Kooks Long Tube, no problems here. I did have a rattle on the passenger side but was no big deal. JDM did the install.

07 GT. Exterior mods n/a. Engine mods, see profile.
One of the more powerful cars around.
One of the slower cars around.
Makes me feel like a kid every time.
post #3 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I am using the Kooks Long Tube, no problems here. I did have a rattle on the passenger side but was no big deal. JDM did the install.
So does it still rattle? IF not do you know what caused it?

JLT CAI/BAMA tune,moto blue pullies,3:73`s,LPW girdle;Powerhouse DS,CHE safety loop,CHE LCA`S & Adjustable UCA,Kooks LT`S & O/R X Pipe,prothane MM`s,Steeda CMDP`S,Eibach springs,Tokico D specs,Polished TB(by Me),Steeda radiator support,Zex kit 100 shot. Taylor Relocation battery kit and cut off switch,PTC converter,Bogarts and Hosier QTP`S.

MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I have the Kooks long tubes on my 5.4L. Man the collectors on these things are wild!! I'm going to see if I have a picture and I'll Pm you if I do!

I have heard good things about the Stainless Works headers. However, I have never actually seen a set so I can't say too much more then that.

2007 Mustang GT Vista Blue
740RWHP/motor 904RWHP/spray
9.01 @ 152 mph 1/4 mile, 1.40 60'
2008 Clash of the Titans World Finals Champion
2009 Strictly Street Points leader/ET & MPH Record Holder

2009 GT500 Grabber Orange Vert 594 RWHP
11.5 @ 120mph it's my slow car!
GT Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to TheKurgan
I've already made up my mind that I'm going with the Kooks. I just wonder why the tube matrix is different between the passenger side and driver's side. Most other headers I've seen, it is the same on both sides.

If they play, I spray.
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Both are very good but I'd go with the Kooks.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #7 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Ok Kooks it is ,Tillman`s has a good deal. I better jump on it.

GT Member
S197 Member

If I were to go with long tubes I would go with Kooks.

302 stroker, Saleen supercharger/supershaker,3.0 pulley,Comp 127300 with phaser limiters,60 lb. injectors,GT500 fuel pumps, JBA LT, JBA O/R Hpipe,Borla stingers,3:73 gears.
556/487
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKid View Post
So does it still rattle? IF not do you know what caused it?
It was a loose bolt. No big deal. That was over a year ago. Nothing else since.

07 GT. Exterior mods n/a. Engine mods, see profile.
One of the more powerful cars around.
One of the slower cars around.
Makes me feel like a kid every time.
post #10 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

I called Tillman Speed, and bought the Kooks LTS, and the stage 8 locking bolts.I even purchased a tune just to compare it to Bama`s tune. Why not, CR the guy who helped me was very helpful and nice. This was refreshing when purchasing from a parts person. Tillman Speed is awesome to deal with.
I also may be purchasing a Procharger if all goes well with them soon. I got the bug today for sure.

Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKid View Post
I called Tillman Speed, and bought the Kooks LTS, and the stage 8 locking bolts.I even purchased a tune just to compare it to Bama`s tune. Why not, CR the guy who helped me was very helpful and nice. This was refreshing when purchasing from a parts person. Tillman Speed is awesome to deal with.
I also may be purchasing a Procharger if all goes well with them soon. I got the bug today for sure.
You are truly ill... Stay away from me.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #12 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
You are truly ill... Stay away from me.
Yes I Remember only a few months ago, you said it was contagious. I had no idea. Yet I think I will be happier with the car .

post #13 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKurgan View Post
I've already made up my mind that I'm going with the Kooks. I just wonder why the tube matrix is different between the passenger side and driver's side. Most other headers I've seen, it is the same on both sides.
I don`t know why , I know they put out more power than the others. Tillman Speed has a deal on them incase you are interested.

Site Sponsor

You'll be thrilled with the results!

Chris Rose
Tillman Speed, Inc.
Tillman Speed, Inc. > In-House Dynojet 224xLC, Custom Tuning, Insallation, Performance Parts!

Tillman Speed Inc.
Custom Tuning | In-House Dynojet 224xLC
3344 Market Street • Suite C • Aston, PA 19014
Sales: (610)497-5776 or 497-3736
Out-of-State Sales: (610)497-3711
Service / Dyno: (610)497-9683
PREMIER DEALER: Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger Systems - Kooks Custom Headers - Magnaflow Exhaust Systems - MORE!
post #15 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed View Post
You'll be thrilled with the results!

Chris Rose
Tillman Speed, Inc.
Tillman Speed, Inc. > In-House Dynojet 224xLC, Custom Tuning, Insallation, Performance Parts!
Thank you , for your fine service. CR = Chris Rose gotcha:hihi: . I hope to be back in touch soon. I am interested in seeing how the new tune works as well. Best wishes , Billy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page