trying to get some solid research on 600+hp - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to RetroGT2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by forensicsteve View Post
At 16 lbs boost car was running mid 10s and 129 mph. Then when it got real hot and sticky, we upped it to 20 just to stay where we were with the 16 lb. That's how much heat and humidity can affect an FI vehicle.
Holy crap, thats gotta suck in the heat.. i knew they performed worse but damn.. you had to up the boost 4lbs to keep it the same..

Daily Driver: 2006 Honda CBR600rr
Weekend Warrior: 2006 Mustang GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
S197 Member

I don't have any reasearch, just some advise. Be careful, thats alot of ponies.

Steeda CAI W/93 SCT Tune, Steeda CMDP, Steeda UDP, Steeda LCA, Steeda UCA, Steeda Sport Springs, Steeda Panhard Bar & Brace, Steeda Hood Strut Mounts, Steeda adjustable Camber Plates, Tokico D-Specs, G2 Painted Calipers,Sequentail Tail Lights, Magnaflow Free-Flo Cats W/Exhaust, Homelink Self Dimming Rear Veiw Mirror W/ Garage Door Opener, Compass & Temp, Eclipse AVN 5510 Head Unit W/ Nav, Chrome BBK Plenum Cover and various Dress-up Items.
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
At 16 lbs boost car was running mid 10s and 129 mph. Then when it got real hot and sticky, we upped it to 20 just to stay where we were with the 16 lb. That's how much heat and humidity can affect an FI vehicle.
Wow, that much huh? I was cruising around running arands this morning in mine and I sat in traffic for a bit, lots of lights, etc. Heat soaked the crap out of the car. It's been 90+ deg here, which I am not sure but may be as hot as I have ever had it out. The car was very, very soft before going in a store and then it was better when I left....for about 5 minutes. I guess it's time to put that Aim Reasearch Dash in so I can monitor all of those temps. And maybe if I'm feeling crazy I could take the massive custom made heat exchanger out of the box and put it on. Nahhhhhh, I think I will let them sit there for another 8 months and complain a lot

How big is the intercooler on your car. Can you get a bigger one in there? I took my bumper and it's supports out and my new exchanger has got to be at least 3 times the size of the stock KB and it's a double pass to boot. I seen on other posts you were using N2O to cool off the intake charge. I'm just wondering if a massive cooler wouldn't do the same thing for you and not have the complexity of the N2O.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD

GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
I'm just wondering if a massive cooler wouldn't do the same thing for you and not have the complexity of the N2O.
Don't know? The motivation for trying the N2O was the extreme heat/humidity. Once that has passed, maybe we will just keep using a 50 shot to help get off the line? The original plan was to just keep upping the boost to around 25 lbs. Then, we're thinking maybe we can keep boost levels down some, by adding N2O. Think it's likely, we will end trying up to a 125 shot (in some combination) with the 20 lbs in cooler drier air, as long as car can hold together. Won't go higher than 75 without another dynotune though. Car is very consistent and quite predictable. Car has five passes at 10.5 and five at 10.6 ET in the summer temps.

06 Mustang GT, 76mm turbo @ 22lbs boost, built 302, built fuel, 4r70w + transbrake, gutted, 10.0 @ 136 mph in 1/4 (sold 2011)

S550 mercedes, stock, daily driver

previoulsy owned
2002 viper gts
2006 viper coupe
2013 srt viper base (track package)
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Well at the track a bigger ice box can help also. I'm thinking at some point about moving mine to the trunk.....maybe a custom one about the size of a spare tire!

2007 Mustang GT Vista Blue
740RWHP/motor 904RWHP/spray
9.01 @ 152 mph 1/4 mile, 1.40 60'
2008 Clash of the Titans World Finals Champion
2009 Strictly Street Points leader/ET & MPH Record Holder

2009 GT500 Grabber Orange Vert 594 RWHP
11.5 @ 120mph it's my slow car!
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Don't know? The motivation for trying the N2O was the extreme heat/humidity. Once that has passed, maybe we will just keep using a 50 shot to help get off the line? The original plan was to just keep upping the boost to around 25 lbs. Then, we're thinking maybe we can keep boost levels down some, by adding N2O. Think it's likely, we will end trying up to a 125 shot (in some combination) with the 20 lbs in cooler drier air, as long as car can hold together. Won't go higher than 75 without another dynotune though. Car is very consistent and quite predictable. Car has five passes at 10.5 and five at 10.6 ET in the summer temps.
Nitrous and turbo's can make for a mean combination!

Forensic Steve you now have what we call the 1/2acre system going! It seems to make a good bit of difference! You cut a 10.31 on an aborted pass at 12*. You were heading for the 9's with that trap MPH based on that 60'.

I got to get my bottom end installed if I want to keep up!!!

2007 Mustang GT Vista Blue
740RWHP/motor 904RWHP/spray
9.01 @ 152 mph 1/4 mile, 1.40 60'
2008 Clash of the Titans World Finals Champion
2009 Strictly Street Points leader/ET & MPH Record Holder

2009 GT500 Grabber Orange Vert 594 RWHP
11.5 @ 120mph it's my slow car!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page