I recommend Bama.

+Excellent costumer service
+Excellent Product
+ Awesome Guy
+Much better than regular canned tunes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Doug does make awesome tunes. I dynoed my car on the same dyno, but two months apart. With just steeda UDPs I dynoed 282hp/287tq. With Doug's 89 tq tune/no cai. I dyoned 280 hp but 300 tq. I have yet to dyno with 91 tq tune and JLT intake.

RIP 2006 Mustang GT
New Ride 04 Pontiac GTO
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmantheman View Post
Doug does make awesome tunes. I dynoed my car on the same dyno, but two months apart. With just steeda UDPs I dynoed 282hp/287tq. With Doug's 89 tq tune/no cai. I dyoned 280 hp but 300 tq. I have yet to dyno with 91 tq tune and JLT intake.
I would say you would be close to 300 hp and 225 torque. I would be interested to see how close I am on this.

JLT CAI/BAMA tune,moto blue pullies,3:73`s,LPW girdle;Powerhouse DS,CHE safety loop,CHE LCA`S & Adjustable UCA,Kooks LT`S & O/R X Pipe,prothane MM`s,Steeda CMDP`S,Eibach springs,Tokico D specs,Polished TB(by Me),Steeda radiator support,Zex kit 100 shot. Taylor Relocation battery kit and cut off switch,PTC converter,Bogarts and Hosier QTP`S.
11:903 ET, 1.67 60`,111.897 MPH

GT Member

Do you mean with the 91 tq tune/JLT I will be close to 300 HP and 325 TQ? I think I will be closer to 290 hp and 310 tq.

RIP 2006 Mustang GT
New Ride 04 Pontiac GTO
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
You guys are making me nervous about my CAI + Tune i want to buy from him....

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

GT Member

I would recommand buying from Doug. Yes, on paper my hp did drop a little, but it was also warmer. Also you can dyno the same car on a dyno within 10 min apart and get different numbers. You will feel a difference with a bama tune and cai.

RIP 2006 Mustang GT
New Ride 04 Pontiac GTO
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
You guys are making me nervous about my CAI + Tune i want to buy from him....
Hot shot do not worry Doug is the tunning God.

JLT CAI/BAMA tune,moto blue pullies,3:73`s,LPW girdle;Powerhouse DS,CHE safety loop,CHE LCA`S & Adjustable UCA,Kooks LT`S & O/R X Pipe,prothane MM`s,Steeda CMDP`S,Eibach springs,Tokico D specs,Polished TB(by Me),Steeda radiator support,Zex kit 100 shot. Taylor Relocation battery kit and cut off switch,PTC converter,Bogarts and Hosier QTP`S.
BOSS Member

Garage
Don't listen to these guys Hotshot.

You see what I run and I'm very happy with it.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
GT Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FuzzyDice
Just as an FYI....I know this has always been a hot debate but why don't people have their cars custom dyno tuned ? Are people just trying to save money ?

At first I went with a Bama tune and when I had my car dyno'd I found out it was running WAY too rich. I believe it averaged about a 10.8 air/fuel ratio. That's when I decided to pony up (no pun intended) and get a custom dyno tune. Yeah it cost about 375.00 but you know what ? I know that someone created a tune that was specific and perfect for my car. Now my air/fuel ration is a perfect 12.5 or so and I have no worries. Plus it's a better tune across the entire RPM band than the Bama tune was.

I liked the Bama tune a lot and I am sure I could have gotten the adjustments and been satisfied. But now I have a tune that is better and specific for my car....AND I can sleep at night....lol.

2007 GT convertible - black 5 speed MT: charcoal aluminum panel, black/dove int, anti-theft, cloth top, GT appearance pkg, MODS - MGW shifter, CDC Conv Light Bar, Pony 12V plug, Shelby Hood Pins, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Steeda Strut Tower Covers, FRPP GTA's, CDC Classic chin spoiler, GT500 spoiler, Agent47 Mirrors, 18" Chrome DD bullitt rims/Continental tires, C&L CAI, Infinity speakers, RoadWire 2-tone leather interior, 4.6 badges, Dyno Tune-Mongillo Motors-New Haven-CT-301 rwhp/297 rwt
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyDice View Post
Just as an FYI....I know this has always been a hot debate but why don't people have their cars custom dyno tuned ? Are people just trying to save money ?

At first I went with a Bama tune and when I had my car dyno'd I found out it was running WAY too rich. I believe it averaged about a 10.8 air/fuel ratio. That's when I decided to pony up (no pun intended) and get a custom dyno tune. Yeah it cost about 375.00 but you know what ? I know that someone created a tune that was specific and perfect for my car. Now my air/fuel ration is a perfect 12.5 or so and I have no worries. Plus it's a better tune across the entire RPM band than the Bama tune was.

I liked the Bama tune a lot and I am sure I could have gotten the adjustments and been satisfied. But now I have a tune that is better and specific for my car....AND I can sleep at night....lol.
I believe a custom tune is for someone who has finished with there performance mods. This way with a Bama tune you get the tune revised when you add mods for free. I would just stick with Bama Hot Shot Doug is very helpful and will always stand behind his tunes. This is what you want good customer service.

GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKid View Post
I believe a custom tune is for someone who has finished with there performance mods. This way with a Bama tune you get the tune revised when you add mods for free. I would just stick with Bama Hot Shot Doug is very helpful and will always stand behind his tunes. This is what you want good customer service.
My custom dyno tune is a lifetime tune. The only thing I would pay for to get any adjustments is the dyno time (about 40.00 - 50.00).

I go back to the same thing, even if you are getting adjustments for free the adjustments can only be educated guesses when it comes to a SPECIFIC car. Where I know my adjustments, if needed, will be perfect for my car.

Had I not gotten my car dyno'd after using a mail order tune I would have been running WAY too rich for God knows how long. That would have had long term effects on the engine, the cats, the O2 sensor, etc.

And how many people have their car dyno'd to check the measurements after installing a mail order tune ? I would guess not many....and they are playing with fire if you ask me. The only reason I had my car dyno'd was because they had a "Dyno Day" at a car show I attended....otherwise I would never have known the mail order tune was slowly screwing up my car.

To me it just makes sense to have someone with your car when you have it tuned. Sure it's more expensive, but I think it has to be better in the long run.

2007 GT convertible - black 5 speed MT: charcoal aluminum panel, black/dove int, anti-theft, cloth top, GT appearance pkg, MODS - MGW shifter, CDC Conv Light Bar, Pony 12V plug, Shelby Hood Pins, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Steeda Strut Tower Covers, FRPP GTA's, CDC Classic chin spoiler, GT500 spoiler, Agent47 Mirrors, 18" Chrome DD bullitt rims/Continental tires, C&L CAI, Infinity speakers, RoadWire 2-tone leather interior, 4.6 badges, Dyno Tune-Mongillo Motors-New Haven-CT-301 rwhp/297 rwt
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyDice View Post
My custom dyno tune is a lifetime tune. The only thing I would pay for to get any adjustments is the dyno time (about 40.00 - 50.00).

I go back to the same thing, even if you are getting adjustments for free the adjustments can only be educated guesses when it comes to a SPECIFIC car. Where I know my adjustments, if needed, will be perfect for my car.

Had I not gotten my car dyno'd after using a mail order tune I would have been running WAY too rich for God knows how long. That would have had long term effects on the engine, the cats, the O2 sensor, etc.

And how many people have their car dyno'd to check the measurements after installing a mail order tune ? I would guess not many....and they are playing with fire if you ask me. The only reason I had my car dyno'd was because they had a "Dyno Day" at a car show I attended....otherwise I would never have known the mail order tune was slowly screwing up my car.

To me it just makes sense to have someone with your car when you have it tuned. Sure it's more expensive, but I think it has to be better in the long run.
The thing is Fuzzy not all of us can afford a custom tune.I just sent Doug my dyno sheet to make a small adjustment to the air fuel. No charge Doug said,kinda of a nice thing.

GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKid View Post
The thing is Fuzzy not all of us can afford a custom tune.I just sent Doug my dyno sheet to make a small adjustment to the air fuel. No charge Doug said,kinda of a nice thing.
And I think that is the way to go. You have the good sense to have your car dyno'd to check the measurements. But that costs money too unless someone is giving you dyno time for free....if so, I hate you....lol.

I'm more concerned with the people that never have their car dyno'd and take the measurements.

And here is another concern....some dyno shops will not just do dyno runs anymore without a tune. That's because they know people are getting mail order tunes and then using the dyno sheet to have the mail order place adjust their tune. Which doesn't really make sense to me because they are turning away business since they charge for the dyno time anyway.

Also....BKid.....see the thread about Wheel vibration/Oscillation that I resurrected on here. I seem to be having some issues with vibration with my aftermarket rims. Maybe you can throw your 2 cents over there !! I would appreciate any input.

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I bought a SCT tuner from Bama for my 07 GT with auto trans and all I can say is wow! The shifting is awesome, especially when you chirp your tires in 2nd and 3rd gear...lol...Doug's tune with the C&L CAI is really awesome...

2007 Performance White GT, C&L CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust, Kooks L/T Headers, BMR Prothane Motor Mounts, FRPP 3.73 gears ratio, Steeda Charge Motion Delete Plates, Roush UDPs, Ford GT Push Start Ignition Button, Roush Billet Aluminium Pedal Covers, Sequential Tail Lights, GT500 Replica Wheels, 18'' BF Goodrich G-Force KDW 255 front 285 rear, BamaChips Tuned

Only little boys wear bow ties
Apprentice

Three weeks ago I recieved a SCT tuner with a 93race tune and a C&L race cai. I couldn't be happier. It is wickedly fast, with a chirping third gear. When I add more bolt-ons to my car, and I can justify a dyno, then I will make an appointment with the local dyno expert in Mobile, AL and spend $400 . In my opinion the dyno is best suited for blowers or turbos. Not stock cars or near stock with few bolt-ons, when you can just order from a tuner that knows what he is doing. But saying that, when the warranty runs out in two years I will add a few things, keep the car naturelly aspirated and then get it dynoed... 2007 gt with auto stock stock stock and some catback Magnaflows

2007 GT auto
HO Whipple with 10psi
GT500 fuel pump
BMR lower control arms
BMR relocation brackets-3.73grs
445rwhp 419rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page