Advice for Transforming 2005 v6....really need help - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member

Question Advice for Transforming 2005 v6....really need help

im thinking of buying a v6 mustang bcuz its the only one in my bugget and im going to make it loud and install a saleen body kit to it...now on the website it says that v6 mustangs need a dual exaust to fit the kit...ok first off i know cars, not how they work or any parts....my friend said that i should put a SLP loudmouth exaust and headers on but will that fit the dual exaust?....or if i can do something to the car without interfering with the exaust to make it loud and keep the dual exaust.....and i need to know how much the body kit and the exausts will be to get installed and painted...thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008
PONY Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

The SLP with long tubes is a duel exhaust system. You will need to change the stock setup if you want duels and SLPs are loud. If you want to make your 6 fast I would suggest a supercharger. The body kit makes it look nice, but then its show and no go. For just the kit and exhaust it will probably be another 2k.

You might want to look at an older GT for the performance and as for the looks, there are a lot of body kits out there.

1979 Mustang Ghia-302 HO @ 300hp, holley 600 carb, edlebrock intake, under drive pulleys, Bullet proof C4, 8.8 inch rear end with 3.55, Flowmasters Delta 40s American Thunder 2, pioneer head unit with sony speakers.

2004 Mustang Mach 1-281 DOHC @ 305HP, Shaker, 5 speed, 8.8 rear end with 3.55, Nitto 555,Mach 460, Sat radio, Flowmaster Delta 50s, Clear Bright Fog lights, alum items for interior dress up, and an eject button.:shiny:
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Afm

First of all...

Welcome Home to AFM!

I would recommend you do some reading and questioning around the V6 forums, and use the search function for your ideas.

In general terms, the smart way to mod a car is:

1. Come up with a detailed plan. Write it all down, take notes of ideas, and start a notebook where you put all that ties into the car. Research prices and parts.

2. Do whatever mechanical work on the used car is needed to bring it up to to operating condition.

3. Working from your Plan (Item #1 above), start making the mechanical modifications you want. By doing the mechanical modifications first and operating the car at the same time, you are acquiring experience and knowledge as well as polishing the car's performance.

4. I personally build cars BACKWARDS from the usual, ie, brakes and suspension first, then performance modifications under the hood or in the drivetrain, then the overall external looks, next the interior electronics (audio, video, gps, whatever), and finally interior upgrades.

If you can do the Plan BEFORE you buy the car, you might find that by shopping around for a car that already has many of the modifications or options present, you will save a TON of time and money in the long run.

tripleblack

"You can never be free until you let yourself go."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page