new stripes are on! - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to aiminglow
new stripes are on!

The stripes are complete. I'll get more pics up later.

2006 Mustang GT: 5-speed (was auto)
Show: Hood scoop // Side Scoops // Louvers // GT500 Spoiler // Rear diffuser insert // Stripes // Mustang trunk letters // Interior goodies.
Go: JLT intake // J&M LCA's // J&M UCA // Strut tower brace // FRPP Front Lower Control Arm Brace // Pro 5.0 Shifter with MGW blue striped shift ball.
Flow: Flowmaster American Thunders.
Stereo: Pioneer DEH 2200ub.
Oh and of course, the lead foot mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008
BOSS Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Congrats! Can't wait to see more pics! Nice job.

In an interstellar burst, I'm back to save the universe.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
I see you live in NJ just like me. Can you tell me who did them for you? and if you did them yourself, care to try it again on my car? :hihi: they look fantastic

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
I see you live in NJ just like me. Can you tell me who did them for you? and if you did them yourself, care to try it again on my car? :hihi: they look fantastic
i did them myself . didn't come out too bad, just have to work out a few bubbles, and replace the rear bumper stripe. they messed up the cut, so i had to fix it up as much as i could. wat kind of stripes are you looking at?

Show: Hood scoop // Side Scoops // Louvers // GT500 Spoiler // Rear diffuser insert // Stripes // Mustang trunk letters // Interior goodies.
Go: JLT intake // J&M LCA's // J&M UCA // Strut tower brace // FRPP Front Lower Control Arm Brace // Pro 5.0 Shifter with MGW blue striped shift ball.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Basically i just want double white stripes. Most people have told me that 10 inch are too skinny and i should go for 12 inches. I just want some double white stripes, i know it will look amazing!!!

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
Basically i just want double white stripes. Most people have told me that 10 inch are too skinny and i should go for 12 inches. I just want some double white stripes, i know it will look amazing!!!
the stripe width is purely your decision. pretty it'll go like this: if you go with 10", the edges of the stripes will be in line with the inner portion of your fog lights; if you go 12", they'll line up with the middle half of the fog lights. heck, if you went 10", you even do a pin stripe on the outside of the stripes. do like a 3/8" gap between the stripe and pinstripe, you'll be set

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

12 sounds just right because everything has to be centered because i am that "special" Don't need a pinstripe running down the side, i just want the white stripes as a contrast and to look HOT!!!!

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008
GT Member
S197 Member

Nice job on the stripes, I sometimes get the urge to add stripes to mine also.

302 stroker, Saleen supercharger/supershaker,3.0 pulley,Comp 127300 with phaser limiters,60 lb. injectors,GT500 fuel pumps, JBA LT, JBA O/R Hpipe,Borla stingers,3:73 gears.
556/487
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Nice job on the stripes, I sometimes get the urge to add stripes to mine also.
Hmm, I took a look at your pony. Personally, I don't think stripes would really fit it w/ the hood scoops that are on there. Just my 2 cents

GT Member
S197 Member

I'll be pulling the hood scoops off soon, just getting tired of them.

302 stroker, Saleen supercharger/supershaker,3.0 pulley,Comp 127300 with phaser limiters,60 lb. injectors,GT500 fuel pumps, JBA LT, JBA O/R Hpipe,Borla stingers,3:73 gears.
556/487
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
I'll be pulling the hood scoops off soon, just getting tired of them.
hmm, now the gears are turning. thing is, there are so many options! I'm envisioning a roush hood scoop on there, with a single silver super stripe coming from the hood scoop, Mach 1 style.

GT Member
S197 Member

Not silver, I would go with the dark gray stripe.
Just not sure if I want single stripe or double stripes with the pin stripe on the outsides.

556/487
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Where's those pictures you promised?

1965 Mustang Coupe
ModsStang

You did a great job - I love that blue on white!! NICE!... Mark, pics are in aminglows gallery...
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
Where's those pictures you promised?
I've been trying to put them in the gallery, I haven't seen 'em post in there lol. I dunno if everyone else can view them or not. I'll try to get some on photobucket or something tho just in case.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page