FRPP vs Roush Stage 3 suspension - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokievol View Post
Does anyone know difference between the FRPP 3 and the GT500 Handling Pack?
The difference between the Ford Racing GT500 Dynamic Damper Kit and the FRPP Damper kit?

Any difference in the springs?

Their is definitly a difference in price.
I'll betcha not even the people selling the two kits know the answer to this question. You will most likely get the "I don't know" answer which is:

"They are stiffer"

Which is a useless answer. It just tells you they don't know. Aside from H&R spring I have not seen any suspension supplier disclose what the spring rates are in their kits.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topotent View Post
Remind you that the Roush Stage 3 outperforms the GT500 on the track, The Stage 3 however is specifically balanced for the weight of the roushcharger and FR003 Wheels. The Stage 2 package would be a better fit if you are running N/A. Cheaper too.

Either way you will be more then happy with the upgrade and to the average joe I do not think you would tell a noticable difference on the street..

Just my $.02!
Yeah I've read that about the Roush Stage 3...I do want to buy those wheels though but as for the Roushcharger, in a couple years probably...Close call, they are around the same price...

2007 Performance White GT, C&L CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust, Kooks L/T Headers, BMR Prothane Motor Mounts, FRPP 3.73 gears ratio, Steeda Charge Motion Delete Plates, Roush UDPs, Ford GT Push Start Ignition Button, Roush Billet Aluminium Pedal Covers, Sequential Tail Lights, GT500 Replica Wheels, 18'' BF Goodrich G-Force KDW 255 front 285 rear, BamaChips Tuned

Only little boys wear bow ties
S197 Member

I have the Roush suspension over here in Hawaii and I LOVE IT!. It allows me to really piss off the z06 Ive been chashing lately and now im on his bumper. He HATES seeing me in his rear view, wait till I can finally pass!

Apprentice
S197 Member

i have 427R stage 2 suspension
mine has seen 160 mph still on rails and corners i LOVE,,,, the wife need the o crap handle but can't find it she says it in the truck why not here

as for the gt500 as posted early the ROUSH belongs on the track where the suspension tuning is more important than 50 hp that is why mp90 is used ,,,not for the 1320 but thats a great place to,,, just to short of a thrill
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

This is an interesting video.

JLT CAI/BAMA tune,moto blue pullies,3:73`s,LPW girdle;Powerhouse DS,CHE safety loop,CHE LCA`S & Adjustable UCA,Kooks LT`S & O/R X Pipe,prothane MM`s,Steeda CMDP`S,Eibach springs,Tokico D specs,Polished TB(by Me),Steeda radiator support,Zex kit 100 shot. Taylor Relocation battery kit and cut off switch,PTC converter,Bogarts and Hosier QTP`S.
11:903 ET, 1.67 60`,111.897 MPH
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
They need to get their facts straight. The Shelby has a 4.6 huh?

1965 Mustang Coupe
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Take a look at my sig... My suspension is awesome. Ride on rails. Put Roush on your price tag will go up for basiclly the same mods I did. Check out Steeda. Do your research prior to any suspension work. I did most of mine myself.
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post

Yeah, no kidding. They may have mentioned the GT500 weighs about 500lb more too.

And before anyone here gets confused the GT500 does not ride on the FFRP Kit. The Shelby does.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427R ROUSH View Post
i have 427R stage 2 suspension
mine has seen 160 mph still on rails and corners i LOVE
I call BS. You have seen 160mph in a corner?

Waiting on 2019 GT500

SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
I did not even catch that mess up.Yea they could of had someone who wasn't a foreigner talking ,probably would of got it right. What do foreigners know about American Muscle, and when he said what could EURO throw at it .OOOH Just made my skin crawl.

JLT CAI/BAMA tune,moto blue pullies,3:73`s,LPW girdle;Powerhouse DS,CHE safety loop,CHE LCA`S & Adjustable UCA,Kooks LT`S & O/R X Pipe,prothane MM`s,Steeda CMDP`S,Eibach springs,Tokico D specs,Polished TB(by Me),Steeda radiator support,Zex kit 100 shot. Taylor Relocation battery kit and cut off switch,PTC converter,Bogarts and Hosier QTP`S.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqidd View Post
Yeah, no kidding. They may have mentioned the GT500 weighs about 500lb more too.

And before anyone here gets confused the GT500 does not ride on the FFRP Kit. The Shelby does.
I did`nt know that.Good to know.I wonder how the Shelby would fair against the Roush on the road coarse , if they had the same power? To many variables.

PONY Member
S197 Member

so im still kinda lost, between steeda (thrown in the lsat few posts) which is the cheapest, roush which is not as low, but has better handling? and FRPP is lower and just as good as roush? is it a matter of price and what someone wants to say they have between the FRPP and roush?

2006 Mustang GT- Tungsten with Black vinyl stripes
JLT CAI - SCT Xcal3 - Steeda UDP - Borla Axle Back exhaust
Next: interior dress up, short shifter

on hold indefinitely: (a ccidents FTL)
Forged internals, kenne Bell Supercharger
Remove Vinyl and put some paint on it
Suspension, 18x9 and 18x10 magnum 500 wheels
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper108 View Post
so im still kinda lost, between steeda (thrown in the lsat few posts) which is the cheapest, roush which is not as low, but has better handling? and FRPP is lower and just as good as roush? is it a matter of price and what someone wants to say they have between the FRPP and roush?
To be frank it doesn’t matter. Firstly only one tenth of one percent of Mustang owners could even think about pushing the suspension to the limits in the first place. I know everyone here thinks they are a super talented race car driver type just waiting to get out of their normal lives and go tear corners up somewhere. But the bottom line is that over the counter equipment is so far an be of the skills of almost every driver out there that the ultimate difference between the kits is irrelevant. If you have been racing for a lot of years and have tons of track time under your belt researching and agonizing over which kit to get is reasonable. For the rest, get one of the top kits, bolt it on and go have fun. You will never know the difference.

Secondly no one ever addresses tires. Just a great set of tires can make as much difference as a suspension kit.

That Top Gear video above is a perfect example. The GT500 comes with CRAP tires for going around corners. The Roush on the other hand has R compound “Weekend Warrior” track day rubber on it. That is worth multiple seconds per lap.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

This kit is as good as it gets without going for something that will cost you $8000+

Eibach Multi-Pro-R2

More than you could possibly ever need and more.

http://eibach.com/eibach/news/img/MultiproR2press.pdf

Waiting on 2019 GT500

SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqidd View Post
This kit is as good as it gets without going for something that will cost you $8000+

Eibach Multi-Pro-R2

More than you could possibly ever need and more.

http://eibach.com/eibach/news/img/MultiproR2press.pdf
The kit looks like you do not have to lower the car that much if you do not want to.Is that the case?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page