Never try to carry a 64oz drink in your stang while driving a stick shift... - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snackmaster View Post
Same scenerio with biscuits and gravy in my '96 GT.
Who puts biscuits and gravy into a cupholder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
There isn't anything much stickier than Mountain Dew.
No fluids that aren't X-rated, anyway.
And that would give "cup holder" a whole new meaning.

2013 Boss 302 gotta-have-it green
2008 Shelby GT500 torch red with black stripes + sequentials
2001 Cobra mineral grey with 2003 Mach 1 shaker hood
1996 Cobra color-shifting mystic paint + sequentials
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avery_012 View Post
I've had my car since January and usually just throw my spare change in the cupholder. The other day I cleaned it out to find that the back cupholder has a little cover deal that pulls out to make the back one deep. Now it makes holding bigger drinks a breeze. Guess you learn something new everyday.
Yeah, I knew about that, but the 64oz drink bottom still wouldn't even fit it's so big around. Dang you AM/PM.

My Stable:
2006 Ford Mustang V6 Pony Package (Sally)
2009 Mercury Milan
1992 Mustang GT (auto)
1986 Ford Bronco XLT (Papa)
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

I don't even allow food in my interior just in the trunk..

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snackmaster View Post
Same scenerio... biscuits and gravy... 96 GT...

I feel for you. Did it feel like slow motion when it was happening?

yea ditto on the biscuits and gravy. who puts that in a cupholder? not judging, but thats weird.

2008 Dark Candy Red V6 Coupe 220hp/232torq SOLD
2006 F250 XLT 6.0L Turbo Diesel Innovative Xtreme Street Tune
1967 Coupe w/ 289 Auto
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
I go to 7-11 and i buy the super big gulps. I think they are about 44 oz. i know its 1.3 liters and i drink them all the time and they fit in the larger cupholder especially when i pull out the insert

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent05GT View Post
About 2 months back I went to Sonic with my girlfriend. She got one of those java chiller things that has whipped cream on top. I was turned around backing out when I hear her say, "Don't look down." I of course looked and the entire whipped cream topping was in my leather shift boot. I was pretty pissed but didn't say much. We got back to her house and took out the shift boot and cleaned it with paper towels and leather cleaner. It came out but I was still pretty pissed. Now every time we go to sonic I ask her to be careful. I hope that never happens again.
That's my drink!! Unless she took the lid off I'm not understanding how the whipped cream jumped out of the cup, but I digress. That's not the world's biggest cup (I get the regular) and it's still all I can do to shift around it. I cannot imagine how you'd shift around 64 ozs!!

Thankfully you have leather interior. I don't lose my mind when something gets on the leather b/c it's pretty easy to clean.

2008 Mustang GT Premium, coupe, GT500-esque conversion, standard, torch red w/dark charcoal interior, K&N CAI, BBK twin 62mm throttle body, BBK tuned shorty headers, SCT SF3 / X3 Power Flash Preloaded Custom Tuner, Steeda UDPs, MGW shifter, 18" chrome GT500 wheels, turn signal side mirrors. Torch Red Registry #249

2013 Lexus RX350, 270 HP V6, Fire Agate/Parchment

PONY Member
S197 Member

For many years we did fine without cup holders...after all we knew it was bad enough smoking a cigarette and periodically taking our eyes off the road to flick the ashes in the ashtray...well now the cup holders have become the latest distraction. I use the cup holder for other items (i.e. cell phone, sunglasses), but not for drinks...lesson learned, shift to drinking water with no sugar...

2006 Mustang GT Premium, Windveil Blue, Light Graphite Leather, Auto, Shaker 500, IUP

Current Stable:
2006 Mustang GT
2002 Nissan Maxima
2001 Corvette Coupe
2011 Honda Pilot
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark25 View Post
For many years we did fine without cup holders...after all we knew it was bad enough smoking a cigarette and periodically taking our eyes off the road to flick the ashes in the ashtray...well now the cup holders have become the latest distraction. I use the cup holder for other items (i.e. cell phone, sunglasses), but not for drinks...lesson learned, shift to drinking water with no sugar...
Me too - I put my cell phone in it. I can't drink pop so unless I get a caramel java chiller, I don't usually have a drink in the car at all.
Spilling Mt. Dew has to be the worst!

2008 Mustang GT Premium, coupe, GT500-esque conversion, standard, torch red w/dark charcoal interior, K&N CAI, BBK twin 62mm throttle body, BBK tuned shorty headers, SCT SF3 / X3 Power Flash Preloaded Custom Tuner, Steeda UDPs, MGW shifter, 18" chrome GT500 wheels, turn signal side mirrors. Torch Red Registry #249

2013 Lexus RX350, 270 HP V6, Fire Agate/Parchment

Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelers View Post
I don't even allow food in my interior just in the trunk..
im glad im not alone

2008 Mustang 4.0L V6 - Candy Apple Red
Performance:
FRPP Dual Exhaust With X Pipe,K&N Drop-In Air Filter
Looks: GT Spoiler, White Racing Stripes, Sequential Taillights, GT500 Pedals & Dead Pedal, Window Tinting

BOSS Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Rockin' Blue's
I never drive with any drinks in my mustang ( I haven't as yet ) after all these stories just reminds me why I am not going to start.

[LEFT]"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government " Thomas Jefferson

There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
( Outlaw Josey Wales )

My Ride : " Buster " 2007 Vista Blue GT
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

I can tell you the rear bucket seats will hold a gallon of water an not soak through.

*note make sure cooler drain plug is closed!

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member

My dad (who owns a 2005 Mustang GT) asked me when I told him about the "incident"-

"Don't you know the cardinal rule?"

"What rule?"

"Thou shalt not eat in my mustang"

I laughed...
I guess maybe it's because I still have a Nutri-grain wrapper and Pop-Tart wrapper in my car. Guess I should clean out the interior this weekend.

...a couple of empty water bottles...

...some paper trash...

WOW, I really need to clean out my car.

My Stable:
2006 Ford Mustang V6 Pony Package (Sally)
2009 Mercury Milan
1992 Mustang GT (auto)
1986 Ford Bronco XLT (Papa)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page