Question for owners with side quarter louvers.. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008 Thread Starter

Question for owners with side quarter louvers..

Does anyone here have a colored car (ie NOT black) and has black side quarter louvers? Has anyone ever seen that? I was looking at my BEAUTIFUL (freshly clay-barred & waxed) SonicBlue 'stang this afternoon and it occurred to me that gloss black louvers might look good. I mean, the window tint is already black so it would't clash, right?

I figured it's probably easier/cheaper to get the louvers in gloss black than it would be to paint them sonic blue. This thought leads to my next question: Is it possible (easy) to buy these in gloss black and install them and then paint them later if I don't like the look? How do these attach? -are they removable or are they stuck on forever?

Peace

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlue2005GT View Post
Does anyone here have a colored car (ie NOT black) and has black side quarter louvers? Has anyone ever seen that? I was looking at my BEAUTIFUL (freshly clay-barred & waxed) SonicBlue 'stang this afternoon and it occurred to me that gloss black louvers might look good. I mean, the window tint is already black so it would't clash, right?

I figured it's probably easier/cheaper to get the louvers in gloss black than it would be to paint them sonic blue. This thought leads to my next question: Is it possible (easy) to buy these in gloss black and install them and then paint them later if I don't like the look? How do these attach? -are they removable or are they stuck on forever?

Peace
I thought about it when I got mine, I am glad I paid to have them painted. They look great painted.

JLT CAI/BAMA tune,moto blue pullies,3:73`s,LPW girdle;Powerhouse DS,CHE safety loop,CHE LCA`S & Adjustable UCA,Kooks LT`S & O/R X Pipe,prothane MM`s,Steeda CMDP`S,Eibach springs,Tokico D specs,Polished TB(by Me),Steeda radiator support,Zex kit 100 shot. Taylor Relocation battery kit and cut off switch,PTC converter,Bogarts and Hosier QTP`S.
11:903 ET, 1.67 60`,111.897 MPH
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKid View Post
They look great painted.
Oh, there's no doubt there. I was just wondering if they also might look good in black.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Oh, there's no doubt there. I was just wondering if they also might look good in black.
This is just my opinion,and I think it would look like you did not paint them. I hope this does not sound harsh or mean in any way.

JLT CAI/BAMA tune,moto blue pullies,3:73`s,LPW girdle;Powerhouse DS,CHE safety loop,CHE LCA`S & Adjustable UCA,Kooks LT`S & O/R X Pipe,prothane MM`s,Steeda CMDP`S,Eibach springs,Tokico D specs,Polished TB(by Me),Steeda radiator support,Zex kit 100 shot. Taylor Relocation battery kit and cut off switch,PTC converter,Bogarts and Hosier QTP`S.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008 Thread Starter

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008
GT Member
S197 Member

They will still need to be painted.The unpainted parts have a dull finish.You could just tape them in place to see what they look like and them take them back off,vrey easily

2006 Mustang GT. CDC classic chin spoiler,Off road x stock axlebacks,Tunable Induction CAI,SCTtuner. FRPP 3.73 gear,Rear window louver,Qtr window louvers.Shaker hood, MACH11 shifter.
Best ET to date- 11.89 @ 114 mph on spray,390 rwhp,520 rwtq
No more Nitrous all motor now.Don't ask.
Car is gone,but still a member...and Mustang fan
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008
Apprentice
2.3L Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I saw a Grabber Orange one yesterday. Black quarter louvers, black rear window louvers, and a Tennessee "T" front plate.

I never thought of Grabber Orange being a near dead-on match for Big Orange before. Now I won't be able to get it out of my head.

I don't want to rag on a fellow Stang owner, but I'll say that the black louvers did not do it for me at all on that car. I have seen a couple of cars your color on this site that looked fantastic with a black hood; that might set off black louvers. But if your whole car stays blue, I'd go with blue louvers.

You may also want to check out this thread:

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...nted-them.html
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008
SHELBY GT 500 Member

How do these attach? -are they removable or are they stuck on forever?

i`d like to know that too. ive seen some that were clearly taped over the window, but ive seen some with the 3 screws in them also. are those screwed into the car?

05 V6 auto,
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelocust View Post
I saw a Grabber Orange Mustang yesterday with black quarter louvers and black rear window louvers.
We always called the rear window louvers "slats". I think the only time black quarter louvers look good on a non-black car is when they are paired with black rear window slats. And then you need to get the brand of quarter louvers that have about five segments to them and align fairly well with the rear window slats. Without rear window slats I think the quarter louvers should be the same color as the car body, and I think the flush mount louvers look the best.

2013 Boss 302 gotta-have-it green
2008 Shelby GT500 torch red with black stripes + sequentials
2001 Cobra mineral grey with 2003 Mach 1 shaker hood
1996 Cobra color-shifting mystic paint + sequentials
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
The only thing I do not like is this guy`s feedback.

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

if you're still curious how they stick on, the ones with 3 screws at least I know that for my Roush louvers they do NOT screw into the car. you install 3 brackets with 3M automotive tape on your window that the louvers then screw into so that nothing penetrates your car and you can remove them if you want but the tape is meant to hold so it might be a pain to take off once its cured.

07 V6 Satin Silver "Hot Sauce". Exterior-Custom painted Roush side louvers, Roush style S197 tribute stripes, Astra Hammond aluminum back louvers, C-Series Ducktail, Eject button
Performance- Coming soon.. hopefully
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amustangrocks View Post
How do these attach? -are they removable or are they stuck on forever?

i`d like to know that too. ive seen some that were clearly taped over the window, but ive seen some with the 3 screws in them also. are those screwed into the car?
Yes, they use double sided tape to attach to the window. They do hold very securely. I haven't tried to remove mine so don't know how hard it would be.

Those on Ebay look really similar to mine which are Gen 2.

Personally I wouldn't paint them black. They would stand out too much.
SHELBY GT 500 Member

cool, thanks. the ones i was looking at werent rousch but had the 3 screws. but they didnt say anything about the install other than 30 minutes.

05 V6 auto,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page