Funny smell in the interior when just running the fan? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Im not sold on the Nitrogen.

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
sorry,i posted the valvoline stuff on my own ebay site.
look under [grazilla88]
if anyone is interested in the odor eliminator stuff?

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graz View Post
sorry,i posted the valvoline stuff on my own ebay site.
look under [grazilla88]
if anyone is interested in the odor eliminator stuff?
Does it work on tailgaters ?

Rookie
S197 Member

Yep, this happens on all flavors of cars and trucks that have A/C. Basically moisture forms inside the ducts when the A/C is turned off, and starts to smell. When you run the A/C, it dries the air, and therefore the ducts, --- smell goes away. Turn off the air, warmer moister air passes through and condenses inside the ducts again. It can be irritating.

07 GT Convertible. C&L Intake, SCTx2 91 Torque Tune by Bamachips, Ford Racing X-Pipe, Pypes Mid-Muffler System, Webelectric DRL's & Sequential Turn Signals, Eleanor Grille.
Rookie
4.6L Member

Hello!

I have found this item.You can try something simillar in your area.The problem for interior smelling is the germs and bacteria that grows up in humidity.Air cabin filter is not the final solution,'cause when you get the AC on it dries the air in the tubes and the smell goes out,but without AC it stays for the times.....

The item says: "It cleans and sanitizes air conditioning units. It contains quaternary ammonium salts. It gets rid of germs and bacteria"...

GERMICIDA PARA AIRE ACONDICIONADO, CASA Y COCHE en venta en eBay.es (finaliza el 31-dic-08 23:22:02 H.Esp)

It's not much expensive and perhaps you would find it in the drugstore of your square....

Bye!!!

Fernando Díaz - 28027-Madrid-Spain

11/2007 MUSTANG 4.6i V8 GT PREMIUM SILVER 4k MILES
12/2003 MONDEO SW 2.0TDCI 100kw 6SPEED GOLD 130k MILES

ALWAYS FORD!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page