2005 Mustang V6 Exhaust Question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2008 Thread Starter
Rookie
V6 Member

2005 Mustang V6 Exhaust Question

Hey guys im wondering if this would be possible... Ill be getting a 05 mustang and i wanna upgrade the exhaust but i heard its pricy to go to the true dual exhaust. So what im wondering i want a nice sounding and loud exhaust as this will be a show car... Could i but the slp loud mouths and just put one muffler on and then i wouldnt have to worry about converting to a true dual and i would still have a loud but not obnoxtious soun??

Thanks

2004 V6 Black Mustang

*Racing Stripes*Carbon Fibre Dash Trim*Billet Accessories*Billet Grilles*18"Bullitt Rims*Leather Seat Covers*600W Custom Audio/GPS*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

If it's a show car, what difference does it make what it sounds like? Kidding aside, I too have a V6. True dual is a little pricey, for little benefit on our V6s (discussed with my mechanic). I have the Y-split and it seems to work fine. Not sure the cost of true dual, X-pipe or H-pipe would make much of a sound or performance difference. I have heard good things about the Loudmouths. Myself, did dual Flowmaster American Thunders as I have a retro theme I'm sticking too and what's more retro than Flowmaster? If you DO go dual, I recommend swapping the V6 bumper for the GT bumper and NOT cut out around for the dual with the V6 bumper.

—Doug
Racine, WI

2005 Redfire V6 "Retro Pony"
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

You can get the Magnaflow exhaust system. thats the one I like the most so far and it appears to be a dual when it's not and it's not that much money. plus if you wanted to convert it later they sell their tru-x mid pipes or you could just buy your own x or h pipe and replace it.

07 V6 Satin Silver "Hot Sauce". Exterior-Custom painted Roush side louvers, Roush style S197 tribute stripes, Astra Hammond aluminum back louvers, C-Series Ducktail, Eject button
Performance- Coming soon.. hopefully

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008 Thread Starter
Rookie
V6 Member

Thanks guys, but im am simply wondering if u could purchase the slp loud mouth kit fotr the GT just use one of the mufflers and put it onto the V6

2004 V6 Black Mustang

*Racing Stripes*Carbon Fibre Dash Trim*Billet Accessories*Billet Grilles*18"Bullitt Rims*Leather Seat Covers*600W Custom Audio/GPS*
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008
SHELBY GT 500 Member

theres a ton of posts on dual exaust for the v6`s, that have tons of info and even sound clips guys posted.go back and look through the threads for them. i`m gonna go dual with mine real soon too, and before i do, i`m gonna read the posts again too. if your gonna have a show car, you might as well plan on spending a bunch of money, so you might as well do a little at a time, but spend the money to do it right the first time. just my .02

05 V6 auto,
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008

without tips & mufflers $175.00
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page