9,000 miles later, Bullitt is still cookin'! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Well I guess we could see where you were, while you weren't here. That's good to hear man, keep driving.

2008 Mustang GT
Vapor with Silver stripes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
S197 Member

im sorry but i just have to say, i remember it was when...jan or feb. when you picked up the bullit. im glad you love her, but how have you put 9,000 miles on her already!? i know i really dont have much room to talk BC i picked up sylvia on 4 October and i have 13,500 miles. but dang man, thats alot. eh whatever, we love our cars, and driving is our version of heroine/crack!!!

Never leave a good time to find another.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally05 View Post
WEll, I was considering sliding it into your car, Gary. Does that work?

Yeah, they have not been the hottest sellers. They presold a very large hunk of them, though. I'm sure with recent rebates, they'll disappear after awhile. If more people would test drive them, they'd see the difference. It's night and day from a stock GT.
does the axel back make that much of a differance? or is there more that they have done that i'm not aware of?

Never leave a good time to find another.

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008 Thread Starter
GT Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Haha, well, when the gf now fiancee lives 170 miles away and you make about 6-8 trips out to see her in one summer, it racks up the highway mileage.

People have dynoed it and it is pushing over and matching what Ford said it would do. The torque curve is much different and with a snappy throttle... it's not hard to smoke them. the 3.73s help out too. I push 27mpg on the highway also. Sometimes, the computer says 28! lol

The stock shifter was an amazing improvement over the old ones, I just wanted a shorter throw. I kept the stocker bagged away though.

I just love driving it, what can I say? But, like I said. I'm going to be doing a full detail and maintenance soon, then it's in the garage for about 4 months with the occasional drive, so it will even out. I just wish more people would test drive one just to feel it!

I'm an active member on imboc, but I haven't been on in a long time since I"m just getting the internet back, so I'll check up on there again soon.

*1998 Ford Contour SVT* EH 2.5L Duratec v6
Stock as can be, just trying to reverse the damage the previous owner caused.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008 Thread Starter
GT Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Oh, and it's not just an axleback. It's a modified H-pipe with some little internal tweaks in it and a new axbleback designed for the car... the sound is amazing... especially after breaking it in. I don't want to change it.

*1998 Ford Contour SVT* EH 2.5L Duratec v6
Stock as can be, just trying to reverse the damage the previous owner caused.
Apprentice
S197 Member

I just took my 08 BULLITT 4570 to the dealer for the same whining problem, they added friction modifier to the pumpkin and there is NO more noise. Sounds like 3.73's have this issue.

2011 Mustang GT: Brembo brake pkg, 401A, Hids, 3.73's. Flowmaster Hushpower AB, Lethal o/r H pipe, K&N air filter, SCT tuner, FRPP strut tower brace, Steeda lca's, BMR uca & mount, 55D lowering springs, RTR wheels w nt555 extermes
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally05 View Post
Haha, well, when the gf now fiancee lives 170 miles away and you make about 6-8 trips out to see her in one summer, it racks up the highway mileage.
Can't she come out and see you once in awhile?

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
BOSS Member

Garage
9600 miles you should be thinking about rebuilding the engine. Just kidding. It's just now getting broke in.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page