Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2005-2010 Mustang Talk (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/)
-   -   9,000 miles later, Bullitt is still cookin'! (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/134347-9-000-miles-later-bullitt-still-cookin.html)

wally05 09-12-2008 12:37 PM

9,000 miles later, Bullitt is still cookin'!

Well, I'm at approx 9,600 miles on the bullitt about to do my third oil change. The only problem I'm having is whining from the rearend going around turns and the tranny is especially tender when in cold weather (when the car hasn't warmed up yet). So, my next oil change, I'm going to have them look at the rearend of the car. I also slightly dinged the front bumper... that was a bad day for me, lol.

The exhaust has worn in and is very loud at WOT and has a very nice gurgle at low speeds (I even get a "pop" while decelerating). The only mod I've done is a MGW shifter, which now is worn in and running great. It was notchy for a bit...

So, the verdict... would I sell this car? NOT UNLESS IT WAS A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH. :) It will be going in the garage for the winter unless the roads are nice. I need to update my page with tons more pics I've taken. I also had some taken that are very good from the photographer stepdad I have. :) The bullitt was worth the money. Without a doubt.

Troon2004 09-12-2008 12:50 PM

Congrats on your purchase and experience so far - my brother has a 2001 Bullitt w/ 29K on it and he feels the same way about it as you do yours.

If you haven't done so already, I'd get a battery tender (not trickle charger) to use over the winter. It'll keep you ready to rock when you take the vehicle out again next year.

RetroGT2006 09-12-2008 01:58 PM

how did you manage to ding your fendeR?

wally05 09-12-2008 04:05 PM

Oh yeah, I had an 01 bullitt for a bit over the summer... not going to lie... that car is probably the only sn95 I'd ever buy. I loved it. If I had to give up my 08, I'd pick up an 01 in a heartbeat.

The bumper...?... well, it pretty much boils down to that I"m an idiot. :) I had the p-brake engaged, shut the engine down, put it in first, and it rolled like 1/4" into the brick wall at our house... I didn't have the brake engaged enough. :( It's not bad, but I notice it. I'll probably fix it down the road when I get other damage.

Gary Paul 09-12-2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally05 (Post 1170598)
I'll get it fixed down the road when I get other damage.

Already planning on additional damage to the car? What have you got in mind?

hotshot 09-12-2008 07:06 PM

Don't worry about it. Everyone has little dings like that. I can count 4 blemishes on my baby. No one else could probably find them even if i pointed but i know they are there :(

Glad to hear you have been doing some serious driving. My 2007 still only has 7,360 miles on her. Guess i need to take a road trip :D

stlwagon 09-12-2008 07:15 PM

852 Attachment(s)
9600 already?? You've been busy! :)

wally05 09-12-2008 09:06 PM

haha, yep. I should only have 6,500 miles or so on it, but I drove out to ohio a lot, so most were highway miles. It will slow down when it goes in the garage soon. :( Then back to my old zx2, which is still kind of a fun car in its own right.

Black05Pony 09-12-2008 09:11 PM

Good to see that you're still hanging around! :D

Glad to hear that you like the bullitt. I see one sitting on the lot at the dealer every time I drive past. (at least twice a day)

Man its tough living a block away from a Ford dealer... :/

wally05 09-13-2008 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Paul (Post 1170798)

WEll, I was considering sliding it into your car, Gary. ;) Does that work? :D

Yeah, they have not been the hottest sellers. They presold a very large hunk of them, though. I'm sure with recent rebates, they'll disappear after awhile. If more people would test drive them, they'd see the difference. It's night and day from a stock GT.

MustangMike94 09-13-2008 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally05 (Post 1170397)
It will be going in the garage for the winter unless the roads are nice.

NEVER TAKE IT OUT! till theres no snow AT ALL! lol

UKWildcat 09-13-2008 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Paul (Post 1170798)

OMG, this post had me in stitches.:heha:

wsd42 09-15-2008 05:06 PM

I bought my Bullitt in March and have nearly 5400 miles on mine. If you look on the International Mustang Bullitt Owners Club (www.IMBOC.com) web site there are some threads on the rear end whine and a few owners with shifter issues. So far, I am very happy with mine and have had no issues mechanically. Although there is a squeak in the dash (TSB out on it..lol). (FYI...the IMBOC site was down earlier today, so don't get frustrated trying to get to it).

I added the FRPP Shorty Headers to mine a month or so ago and I like the tone it added to the exhaust. You can really hear it roar now on WOT...lol There is a company called Green Filter that is producing a replacement filter for the Bullitt. About to order one for mine. The OEM replacement costs about as much as the re-oilable Green Filter. Most owners are leaving theiors stock or with a few subtle changes...CAI filter, headers, strut tower covers, to name a few. Keeping mine as low kee as possible looks wise, but slowly adding power adders to it. Rousch SC early next year.....Key word Stealth...but lots of power...lol

You may want to go with full synthetic oils...engine, transmission, rear end over time. I run the Ford Motorcraft full synthetic engine with 5K miles on the last oil change. Due for a change in another 500-600 miles. Changed it at 1K miles on the engine. No issues.

Enjoy the ride!

wsd42 09-15-2008 05:07 PM

I bought my Bullitt in March and have nearly 5400 miles on mine. If you look on the International Mustang Bullitt Owners Club (www.IMBOC.com) web site there are some threads on the rear end whine and a few owners with shifter issues. So far, I am very happy with mine and have had no issues mechanically. Although there is a squeak in the dash (TSB out on it..lol). (FYI...the IMBOC site was down earlier today, so don't get frustrated trying to get to it).

I added the FRPP Shorty Headers to mine a month or so ago and I like the tone it added to the exhaust. You can really hear it roar now on WOT...lol There is a company called Green Filter that is producing a replacement filter for the Bullitt. About to order one for mine. The OEM replacement costs about as much as the re-oilable Green Filter. Most owners are leaving their's stock or with a few subtle changes...CAI filter, headers, strut tower covers, to name a few. Keeping mine as low key as possible looks wise, but slowly adding power adders to it. Rousch SC early next year.....Key word Stealth...but lots of power...lol

You may want to go with full synthetic oils...engine, transmission, rear end over time. I run the Ford Motorcraft full synthetic engine with 5K miles on the last oil change. Due for a change in another 500-600 miles. Changed it at 1K miles on the engine. No issues.

Enjoy the ride!

maddog876 09-15-2008 09:55 PM

has anybody dynoed a bullitt yet?