9,000 miles later, Bullitt is still cookin'! - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008 Thread Starter
GT Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

9,000 miles later, Bullitt is still cookin'!

Well, I'm at approx 9,600 miles on the bullitt about to do my third oil change. The only problem I'm having is whining from the rearend going around turns and the tranny is especially tender when in cold weather (when the car hasn't warmed up yet). So, my next oil change, I'm going to have them look at the rearend of the car. I also slightly dinged the front bumper... that was a bad day for me, lol.

The exhaust has worn in and is very loud at WOT and has a very nice gurgle at low speeds (I even get a "pop" while decelerating). The only mod I've done is a MGW shifter, which now is worn in and running great. It was notchy for a bit...

So, the verdict... would I sell this car? NOT UNLESS IT WAS A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH. It will be going in the garage for the winter unless the roads are nice. I need to update my page with tons more pics I've taken. I also had some taken that are very good from the photographer stepdad I have. The bullitt was worth the money. Without a doubt.

*1998 Ford Contour SVT* EH 2.5L Duratec v6
Stock as can be, just trying to reverse the damage the previous owner caused.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008
GT Member

Congrats on your purchase and experience so far - my brother has a 2001 Bullitt w/ 29K on it and he feels the same way about it as you do yours.

If you haven't done so already, I'd get a battery tender (not trickle charger) to use over the winter. It'll keep you ready to rock when you take the vehicle out again next year.

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to RetroGT2006
how did you manage to ding your fendeR?

Daily Driver: 2006 Honda CBR600rr
Weekend Warrior: 2006 Mustang GT

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008 Thread Starter
GT Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Oh yeah, I had an 01 bullitt for a bit over the summer... not going to lie... that car is probably the only sn95 I'd ever buy. I loved it. If I had to give up my 08, I'd pick up an 01 in a heartbeat.

The bumper...?... well, it pretty much boils down to that I"m an idiot. I had the p-brake engaged, shut the engine down, put it in first, and it rolled like 1/4" into the brick wall at our house... I didn't have the brake engaged enough. It's not bad, but I notice it. I'll probably fix it down the road when I get other damage.

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally05 View Post
I'll get it fixed down the road when I get other damage.
Already planning on additional damage to the car? What have you got in mind?

2013 Boss 302 gotta-have-it green
2008 Shelby GT500 torch red with black stripes + sequentials
2001 Cobra mineral grey with 2003 Mach 1 shaker hood
1996 Cobra color-shifting mystic paint + sequentials
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
Don't worry about it. Everyone has little dings like that. I can count 4 blemishes on my baby. No one else could probably find them even if i pointed but i know they are there

Glad to hear you have been doing some serious driving. My 2007 still only has 7,360 miles on her. Guess i need to take a road trip

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
9600 already?? You've been busy!

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008 Thread Starter
GT Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

haha, yep. I should only have 6,500 miles or so on it, but I drove out to ohio a lot, so most were highway miles. It will slow down when it goes in the garage soon. Then back to my old zx2, which is still kind of a fun car in its own right.

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Good to see that you're still hanging around!

Glad to hear that you like the bullitt. I see one sitting on the lot at the dealer every time I drive past. (at least twice a day)

Man its tough living a block away from a Ford dealer... :/

Black 2005 Mustang v6, 5 speed, IUP, EUP and Leather.

Razzi 1/4 window scoops, Mustang GT Sway Bars, Flowmaster American Thunder Single Exhaust, Clear Front Turn Signal Lenses, Demolet CAI, X-cal2 91 tune, Hurst Comp/Plus Shifter, FRPP T-Lock, Ford 3.73 gears
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008 Thread Starter
GT Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Paul View Post
WEll, I was considering sliding it into your car, Gary. Does that work?

Yeah, they have not been the hottest sellers. They presold a very large hunk of them, though. I'm sure with recent rebates, they'll disappear after awhile. If more people would test drive them, they'd see the difference. It's night and day from a stock GT.

PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally05 View Post
It will be going in the garage for the winter unless the roads are nice.

NEVER TAKE IT OUT! till theres no snow AT ALL! lol

*1994 Mustang GT Laser Red w/ White Stripes -
GT40P heads, Cobra Upper & Lower Intake w/ 1/2 Spacer, Ford Racing Ceramic Coated Shorties, 2.25" Exhaust No cats, Flowmaster 40s, 3.5" Stainless Steel Tips, Ford Racing 3.73's, K&N CAI, EdelBrock Chrome Valve Covers, 17" Silver Cobra R rims, Brembo Rotors, 94' Cobra Calipers!
*1982 GMC High Sierra6.2l Diesel 4X4-
Custom CAI, Custom 4" Stainless Steel Stacks, 4:56 Posi, Dana 44 F, Dana 70 R, 15" Bullethole Rims, 33"

BFG's, A.K.A Big RED
UKWildcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Paul View Post
OMG, this post had me in stitches.
Apprentice

I bought my Bullitt in March and have nearly 5400 miles on mine. If you look on the International Mustang Bullitt Owners Club (www.IMBOC.com) web site there are some threads on the rear end whine and a few owners with shifter issues. So far, I am very happy with mine and have had no issues mechanically. Although there is a squeak in the dash (TSB out on it..lol). (FYI...the IMBOC site was down earlier today, so don't get frustrated trying to get to it).

I added the FRPP Shorty Headers to mine a month or so ago and I like the tone it added to the exhaust. You can really hear it roar now on WOT...lol There is a company called Green Filter that is producing a replacement filter for the Bullitt. About to order one for mine. The OEM replacement costs about as much as the re-oilable Green Filter. Most owners are leaving theiors stock or with a few subtle changes...CAI filter, headers, strut tower covers, to name a few. Keeping mine as low kee as possible looks wise, but slowly adding power adders to it. Rousch SC early next year.....Key word Stealth...but lots of power...lol

You may want to go with full synthetic oils...engine, transmission, rear end over time. I run the Ford Motorcraft full synthetic engine with 5K miles on the last oil change. Due for a change in another 500-600 miles. Changed it at 1K miles on the engine. No issues.

Enjoy the ride!

"Safety Fast"

2008 Bullitt, #0546, Black
2005 GT Coupe, Performance White
Apprentice

I bought my Bullitt in March and have nearly 5400 miles on mine. If you look on the International Mustang Bullitt Owners Club (www.IMBOC.com) web site there are some threads on the rear end whine and a few owners with shifter issues. So far, I am very happy with mine and have had no issues mechanically. Although there is a squeak in the dash (TSB out on it..lol). (FYI...the IMBOC site was down earlier today, so don't get frustrated trying to get to it).

I added the FRPP Shorty Headers to mine a month or so ago and I like the tone it added to the exhaust. You can really hear it roar now on WOT...lol There is a company called Green Filter that is producing a replacement filter for the Bullitt. About to order one for mine. The OEM replacement costs about as much as the re-oilable Green Filter. Most owners are leaving their's stock or with a few subtle changes...CAI filter, headers, strut tower covers, to name a few. Keeping mine as low key as possible looks wise, but slowly adding power adders to it. Rousch SC early next year.....Key word Stealth...but lots of power...lol

You may want to go with full synthetic oils...engine, transmission, rear end over time. I run the Ford Motorcraft full synthetic engine with 5K miles on the last oil change. Due for a change in another 500-600 miles. Changed it at 1K miles on the engine. No issues.

Enjoy the ride!

"Safety Fast"

2008 Bullitt, #0546, Black
2005 GT Coupe, Performance White
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

has anybody dynoed a bullitt yet?

2006 Black on Black Mustang GT auto
premium package, interior upgrade package, 18 inch wheels, C L Cai, CDC qtr window louvers, flowmaster exhaust,graphic express red rocker stripes, red brake calipers
NEW: 93 Bamachips Race Tune, pypes o/r h pipe

13.447 at 102.9 mph
2.06 60' foot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page