Rpm Outlet is unbelievable - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Send a message via AIM to sdlewis1986 Send a message via Yahoo to sdlewis1986
Angry Rpm Outlet is unbelievable

OK so after waiting almost 2 months and getting the run around by almost every rep at Rpm Outlet, yes Jeff and Tony included, my procharger finally arrived. Theres only one problem with that, they shipped it with the wrong pulley and no fuel pump. I decided im tired of getting jerked around so i call the procharger company. Guess what? Yep they sent me exactly what Rpm outlet had told them to, which did not include the gt40 fuel pump and specified the 10 lb pulley instead of the 8 lb one that was on my invoice that i specifically requested. They told me that i would have to take it up with Rpm Outlet to top everything off the hurricane just swept through Texas and thats were Rpm Outlet is located, needless to say i could not get through to them today. I'm starting to think a supercharger dosn't belong on my car.

P1SC-1 Procharger 10 psi, 3 Core intercooler, 44lb fuel injectors, GT-500 Dual fuel pump kit. Autolight HT0 plugs, Diablo MAfia, Tune

RWHP: 481
RWTQ: 436
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008
GT Member
S197 Member

You may have to eat it and order another fuel pump through someone else.

On another note I hope the hurricane totally destroyed the place.

302 stroker, Saleen supercharger/supershaker,3.0 pulley,Comp 127300 with phaser limiters,60 lb. injectors,GT500 fuel pumps, JBA LT, JBA O/R Hpipe,Borla stingers,3:73 gears.
556/487
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Spend the extra $$ on the GT-500 pumps.

1965 Mustang Coupe

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
On another note I hope the hurricane totally destroyed the place.
I was thinking the same thing.....

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
Spend the extra $$ on the GT-500 pumps.
Recommend any good websites where i can find them?

P1SC-1 Procharger 10 psi, 3 Core intercooler, 44lb fuel injectors, GT-500 Dual fuel pump kit. Autolight HT0 plugs, Diablo MAfia, Tune

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I ordered my Hurst shifter from them with no problem over a year ago but they are notorious for screwing people around here and I don't mean that in a good way.

On the other hand... Dude, its RPM Outlet, what did you expect... :nogrinner

Black 2005 Mustang v6, 5 speed, IUP, EUP and Leather.

Razzi 1/4 window scoops, Mustang GT Sway Bars, Flowmaster American Thunder Single Exhaust, Clear Front Turn Signal Lenses, Demolet CAI, X-cal2 91 tune, Hurst Comp/Plus Shifter, FRPP T-Lock, Ford 3.73 gears
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlewis1986 View Post
Recommend any good websites where i can find them?
Brenspeed has it for about $750.

2005 Sonic Blue GT
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Sorry to hear that about RPM. I've bought many parts from them for many different cars/trucks and never had an issue with them. Maybe I was just lucky.

2002 GT 5 speed coupe
still stock, but working on that problem
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black05Pony View Post
I ordered my Hurst shifter from them with no problem over a year ago but they are notorious for screwing people around here and I don't mean that in a good way.

On the other hand... Dude, its RPM Outlet, what did you expect... :nogrinner
I was expecting them to handle my purchase professionally like any established business should

Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwilly43729 View Post
Brenspeed has it for about $750.
Wow that went up... I paid $695 just a few months back.

1965 Mustang Coupe
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
I was expecting them to handle my purchase professionally like any established business should
It always amazes me how businesses like RPM Outlet continue to run with customer service like that. I had a similar experience with Lightning Force Performance concerning a set of gears (or rather three sets) that were sent to me, none of which were what I had actually ordered. Plenty of phone-tag, busy signals and missed calls as well as a few hang-ups. Its unfortunate for us because we don't have someone we can go stand in front of and shout at to fix it because if we did, things like this wouldn't happen.

I lived it and learned so now I either spend the extra money to order from a reliable source or ask about the place i'm considering if I haven't heard anything about them. Although RPM Outlet didn't do me wrong I don't think i have it in me to order from them again after my experience with LFP. Its just easier to spend the extra money and deal with professionals.

A call to the BBB never hurts either. Make sure you let RPM Outlet know you're doing it too.

Black 2005 Mustang v6, 5 speed, IUP, EUP and Leather.

Razzi 1/4 window scoops, Mustang GT Sway Bars, Flowmaster American Thunder Single Exhaust, Clear Front Turn Signal Lenses, Demolet CAI, X-cal2 91 tune, Hurst Comp/Plus Shifter, FRPP T-Lock, Ford 3.73 gears
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
I thought after they moved to the new facility that things would improve. Guess not.

1965 Mustang Coupe
GT Member
S197 Member

JDM has the Gt500 fuel pumps for $700

302 stroker, Saleen supercharger/supershaker,3.0 pulley,Comp 127300 with phaser limiters,60 lb. injectors,GT500 fuel pumps, JBA LT, JBA O/R Hpipe,Borla stingers,3:73 gears.
556/487
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black05Pony View Post

A call to the BBB never hurts either. Make sure you let RPM Outlet know you're doing it too.
I tried that to no avail, they are not members of the BBB.

556/487
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
I tried that to no avail, they are not members of the BBB.
With all the complaints about them, I could see why! They are definitely on my "do not buy from" list.

07 GT Prem Vert, Vista Blue, Charcoal Int w/ Satin Alum Trim, Manual, 3:55's, 18" Polished Wheels Mods, Appearance: MRT two-tone light bar, Midwest Auto mirror covers and radiator cover extensions, Billet E-brake handle, cupholder trim, map light accent, door locks, door lock grommets, door sill accent plate bars, & mirror control kit, Roush spoiler, shift knob & floormats, Custom painted plenum and fuse box covers Performance: JLT II CAI w/ SCT XCAL2 93 tune, GTA's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page