2008 GT possibly getting a supercharger, need many questions answered - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by FREAKNAZTY View Post
i could be wrong but i dont even think the roush kit comes with a fuel pump? i think only the 39lb inj. ect
True, it doesn't. I wouldn't run any FI on the OEM pump.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Classic Member
S197 Member

Not sure you can run the Roush without the charge cooler since it's integrated into the intake.

1965 Mustang Coupe
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
now i do know where they have a killer kit for sale its like 6000 and you will still need 60lb inj and a fuel pump but this setup makes 700+ on a conservitive tune
on stock internals? I guess it would be fun until the engine exploded.

to the op, I would pass and either wait for another deal on a full used kit, or save a save up for a new one (eliminate all the guess work).

RON PAUL 2012
youtube.com/watch?v=ohKz9OeiI0g&feature=related

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

alright, i guess i'll hold off for now. as the saying goes, i bit off a little more than i can chew. the price 2,000 sounded sooo good. i didnt think about all the other things i'll need. i'll just continue to save and save and hopefully one day i'll be able to give kenne a call. thanks for everyones help.

Never leave a good time to find another.
Classic Member
S197 Member

It's amazing how all the extra pieces will nickel and dime you to the point where you'll have $4K into it anyway.

1965 Mustang Coupe
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to burnrubber4.0
id try and talk him down. after everything your gonna be paying little less for your than for a brand new system. if your gonno do it, go big i always say. have you seen the new saleen super shaker? wow, ik ik its really expensive and you gotta cut your hood, but theres shops that will do it..i know brenspeed has a guest house here in indiana so you can hang till they get it installed. but if you dont ahve the money and are looking into 7-8lbs, you almost dont need the intercooler. ever look into methanol injection? i tihnk theres a system on bamachips.com i think snow performance makes it. might actually be a cheaper route

2006 4.0 V6 Mustang/X Charger #128
Mods: Too many, check out my profile.
Probably currently under modification...
My wheels are for sale! Look in the classifieds!
GT Member

Another thing I'd recommend you consider if you do buy/go F/I is an air/oil separator to prevent excessive oil droplets from getting sucked into your engine.

Moroso and Steff both make catch cans (as do others). I wouldn't get the Steeda because it holds very little oil (like an air compressor model).
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FREAKNAZTY
well as far as the 700+ comment that was with the pulley he had on it ie get bigger pulley it would work fine but it dont matter now he wants to keep it lol

and ima kinda steal this thread for a minute hey troon would a oil separator or the breathers be better to put on ?

TOO MUCH TO LIST ......NOT ENOUGH TO BRAG ABOUT
GT Member

Quote:
well as far as the 700+ comment that was with the pulley he had on it ie get bigger pulley it would work fine but it dont matter now he wants to keep it lol

and ima kinda steal this thread for a minute hey troon would a oil separator or the breathers be better to put on ?

Maybe Beau - I hadn't really thought about it until you asked. 'Course if you go the breather route you'll be venting to the atmosphere...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page