Ford brand car cover? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Ford brand car cover?

I want to buy a car cover for my 2008 GT-CS convertible. Has anyone bought one and how well does it work with the convertible. I know there are many conpany's that offer covers, but if the Ford one will work well with the Vert, thats the way I want to go. Mine is also a cloth top if that matters, lint from cover maybe?

2009 Mustang Gt auto/ Light Graphite interior/ Vapor Silver.

Car just rolled over 10,000 miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Car cover

DO YOU WANT AN INDOOR COVER OR OUTSIDE COVER THAT WILL MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE AS FAR AS PROTECTION. I have an outdoor cover it is a noah. It is weather resistant not water proof but a custom fit for my 2008 gt vert cost was around $214.00 The cover is a perfect fit and covers car completely

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

This is where I purchased my cover They carry all different types for all kinds of conditions
www.autoanything.com/car-covers

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008
PONY Member
S197 Member

car cover from Ford

I have the weathershield (the more expensive one) from the dealer. There is no fleece or anything to make lint on your verts top.
It has been out on the car in snow, sleet, wind rain etc and I am VERY happy with the results. Fits the car perfectly. Has silk screened graphics on it, and a clear window so your rear plate shows through. also plastic grommets for the antenna and for where you can put a cable & lock on it.
I would buy another if I needed to. Have had this one since I got my car, and it is still in great shape. It is used every day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tmpphp9CiMbo.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	51855   Click image for larger version

Name:	ctmpphp3o0lhb.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	51856   Click image for larger version

Name:	ctmpphpLFDsQR.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	51857   Click image for larger version

Name:	tmpphp3o0lhb.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	51858   Click image for larger version

Name:	tmpphptLQ086.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	51859  

:hihi: 2007 VISTA BLUE GT! Only Mod so far is the 14" shorty antenna and a billet plug with GT on it for the dash power plug.. No Engine Mods 'cause I like the car fine the way it is and making it faster is only gonna get me in trouble.
:hihi: :hihi: :shiny:
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008
GT Member
S197 Member

2008 Ford Mustang AutoAnything QuickSilver Car Cover

I think I'm going to buy this one: QuickSilver. It is custom fit. One thing I really like about autoanything's website is that they give a Features Guide for most of their covers so you can buy what you need. The guide rates the cover from 1-10 on particular features (10) being best. This cover rates as follows:
Breathability 9
Dust 9
Moisture 10
Pets 8
Snow 8
Sun 9

I don't see another cover that rates that high so I think it's the one for me. It's also lightweight and comes with a storage bag.
PLUS they give 10% off a purchase of $99 or more, Free shipping and a one year low price guarantee. I can get mine (2008 GT) for $152.96 out the door. (Can you tell I've been researching car covers since last week? :hihi Forgot to say, this cover gets 4.5 stars from 155 reviewers.
Good luck with your decision!

2008 Mustang GT Premium, coupe, GT500-esque conversion, standard, torch red w/dark charcoal interior, K&N CAI, BBK twin 62mm throttle body, BBK tuned shorty headers, SCT SF3 / X3 Power Flash Preloaded Custom Tuner, Steeda UDPs, MGW shifter, 18" chrome GT500 wheels, turn signal side mirrors. Torch Red Registry #249

2013 Lexus RX350, 270 HP V6, Fire Agate/Parchment

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008
GT Member

I got my car cover from Brenspeed. It has the Brenspeed logo on the front bumper. It is an outdoor cover and fits like a glove. It is easy to clean and had holes and a cable and lock for security and to keep it on in windy conditions. If it rains hard it cleans itself of bird droppings and pollen though I wash it every once in a while to keep it shiny and new looking.

2005 Ford Mustang GT Torch Red Manual
Saleen Super Shaker 3.4 pulley/Brenspeed Tune
Kooks Longtubes Catted H/FRPP Stingers
Full BMR And Steeda Suspension
FRPP Throttlebody
Dynotech Driveshaft
SOLD!! I have no Mustang at this time!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

save your $ and buy this one.

Moss Mustang Store - Parts and Accessories for your Ford Mustang

I did for my cloth top convertible and it fits PERFECT and even has th eantenna hole.. NO fuzzys on the top. The best cover in the 30 + years I have been usng them.. Best of all.. $110!!!!!

==================
2007 Redfire Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Black cloth top, 5 speed, heated seats, IUP, PTP, Dark charcoal with chamois seats, 18" polished wheels, side air bags, Shaker 500, Wheel Locking Kit, Active Anti-Theft System, spoiler delete, Ford racing X pipe, SLP LM's, FRPP Bullitt cai, Tillmans dyno tune, MGW shifter.. born 10/18/2006
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008
Site Sponsor

Quote:
topblisssave your $ and buy this one.

Moss Mustang Store - Parts and Accessories for your Ford Mustang

I did for my cloth top convertible and it fits PERFECT and even has th eantenna hole.. NO fuzzys on the top. The best cover in the 30 + years I have been usng them.. Best of all.. $110!!!!!
Supreme product. We are proud, our best seller.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page