need some exhaust help - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice

need some exhaust help

hello everybody
i'm have some strange sounds coming from my car when i'm going through the gears. it seems to be when the car is reaching around 2,700 - 3,000 rpms. it sounds like a metallic rattle. i'm thinking i have a loose heat sheild or exhaust component, and i just haven't had the time to crawl under the car yet. any suggestions?

have a good one.

2006, mustang gt
5 speed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008
BOSS Member
S197 Member

When you get a chance get under the mufflers and give em a tap with a fist. See if something sounds loose inside.

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwal View Post
hello everybody
i'm have some strange sounds coming from my car when i'm going through the gears. it seems to be when the car is reaching around 2,700 - 3,000 rpms. it sounds like a metallic rattle. i'm thinking i have a loose heat sheild or exhaust component, and i just haven't had the time to crawl under the car yet. any suggestions?

have a good one.

2006, mustang gt
5 speed
I had the same problem and just got it fixed this past weekend. The hanger on my x pipe was a little off so the pipe was resting against a bolt. but like tw0scoops123 said it you hit the pipe you will hear where it is resting.

2006 Roush Stage 2
RedFire Silver Rally's
FRPP 4.10 Gears, Magnaflow High Flow X-Pipe, Air Raid CAI, XCaliber Tune, MGW Short Shifter with Retro White Roush Shift Ball.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page