New Steeda CAI Carbon Fiber Installed Pic's - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
S197 Member

Congrats I love the heat shield

05 Mustang GT Coupe (Modifications in profile)
91 Mustang LX 5.0 Convertible (Bone Stock)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

I haven't had a probel with mine loosening in about 2 months. Put it on, and just went and checked, still very tight.
I left the protective paper on my heat shield for now. I'm still deciding what direction to go under the hood for colors etc., so I might end up having it painted.

S197 Member

It could be because I have a very early Steeda CAI. I think I bought it in April or May 2006. Looking at the picture, even my weather stripping is different. Here's a couple of photos. One with the elbow on and one with it off (most recent). You can even see where I added an extra hose clamp to try and keep it secure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P9011444.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	52259   Click image for larger version

Name:	steeda intake.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	343.5 KB
ID:	52260  

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

pwmustang06,

Wanted to get back to you on advise you gave me in Sept to my post. I have been watching the clamps to see if they are getting loose with the new Steeda Carbon Fiber elbow. Happy to say they are still very tight, no problems at all to report.

Thanks again for giving me the heads up:shiny:

Blueblaze
2011 GT 5.0 Premium Coupe, Kona Blue, Interior Charcoal /Grabber Blue ,6 speed MT, Comfort Group, ,Brembo Brakes , 3.73 Gears, Security Package, Shaker1000, Polk Speakers, CDC Chin Spoiler, JLT Oil Separator, Custom Grille layout, HID, Brenspeed 93 Tune /Steeda CAI , GT500 SVT Axle Backs
A new Beast in disguise…..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page