I love my Traction control - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008 Thread Starter
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I love my Traction control

I went to a 24hr hand wash to wash the car myself because it was sunny and the car was a bit dirty from last weeks rain. So i washed her up and as soon as i finished, it started to rain heavy and i got so upset that right after washing her it was raining and it would be dirty again (I hate this weather, you never know whats gonna happen on the next hour). So i tried to get home asap and stomped on the accel. I always turn my TCS off in sunny weather and always leave it on for rain. So in a turn the road was really slippery and i kinda got on the gas and my TCS turned on and stopped the car from spinning. It was like my gas pedal was not working for a second and when the car got straight it worked again. Im so happy that it saved the car from spinning So never get rid of your TCS even with your tuner because you will need it someday.

13' Mustang GT 5.0L Grabber Blue 401a, 6spd manual, Brembo brake pkg with Boss radiator, engine oil cooler, Torsen differential & 3.73 gears. Back up camera with Navigation.
Mods - Flowmaster Outlaw, Roush front, side, rear splitter. Roush hood scoop + quarter window louvers, Barton 2 piece shifter bracket
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008
GT Member

Sounds like you are one lucky stang owner. :hihi:

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

It really is a life saver I've had it save me many times in the rain. One thing I've learned about these cars is to drive like there is an egg between your foot and the accelerator in the rain.

2008 Mustang GT
Vapor with Silver stripes

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008
BOSS Member

Garage
I always turn mine off except when it's raining.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post

Same here: I'm glad that a "switchable" TCS exists rather than an "always on" one.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

Yea, its a good thing when its on.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008
PONY Member

We get heavy rains in Houston, so sometimes I forget to take water on the roads as seriously as I ought to.

I was driving in a downpour one day, doing about 55, when I noticed that the TCS was engaging while driving at a steady speed.

I thought about it just long enough to say "hydroplaning", backed off another 10 mph and kept on truckin'.

On that day, up to Conroe and back, I saw a few accidents, and one was most definitely a spin out.

TCS is your friend
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008
PONY Member

Yep... TCS is my friend, too...

Back when I actually drove my car in the rain, TCS has enabled me to handle some corners that I might otherwise have missed. I definitely appreciate that we have it!

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
+1 on that. I always leave it on during the rain except when i feel like a little drift around a corner that no cars are within 2 miles of, gotta be careful. Safety first, fun 2nd.

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

PONY Member
S197 Member

i leave mine on at all times. am i going to have a better time with it off? outside of the rain of course

Never leave a good time to find another.
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Sometimes in the rain in a big empty parking lot it's fun to turn it off and do some less abusive on the tires donuts.

2008 Mustang GT
Vapor with Silver stripes
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biff View Post
i leave mine on at all times. am i going to have a better time with it off? outside of the rain of course
definetly take TCS off at the track

2006 V6 Pony Package Premium -Mods: 61mm Powerhouse Turbo and Intercooler, Evolution Dyno Tune(Jon Lund), Steeda Performance Shorty Headers.
Current Numbers:
350 rwhp/420 torque @ 8.3 psi (low boost)
415 rwhp/470 torque @12 psi Car died 6/23/09
New Set Up: 4.6 3v With Manual Trans, Bolt Ons
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biff View Post
Biff,

When TCS detects wheel spin outside of programmed parameters, it supplies "traction" by applying the brakes.

Launch your car a few times while holding down the brake pedal, and you'll see why it's not a Good Thing to use when you're in a hurry

Mine didn't do very much for me in the rain before I hit a nice big tree! Then again it could of been the extreme S curve I took and should of slowed down a bit more when raining.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page