finally figured out my first few mods - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice

finally figured out my first few mods

after some thinking and help from everyone here i think i have my first few mods worked out. first is the ram air hood from cruizinconcepts.com. i love the look of the hood and its only $289

next is the K&N FIPK cold air kit with heat shield and a tune. then a borla or flowmaster exhaust kit (not sure which one just yet)

can you take your car to a shop and have it tuned or do i have to buy a tuner?

any comments, suggestions or help are greatly appreciated. have a good day everyone.

p.s. more pictures to come soon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Dang thats a good price for a hood.You can buy a tuner if you want.I counts on what kind of shops you have in your area. Some may be able some might not. And as far as exhaust i have the JBA axle back and sounds amazing but i want something just a little louder.

Satin Silver 2006 Mustang GT |IUP
JBA Exhaust|BMR Suspension|C&L Racer|Brenspeed 93|Hurst Short Throw|FR500s|Goodyear F1's|
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwal View Post
after some thinking and help from everyone here i think i have my first few mods worked out. first is the ram air hood from cruizinconcepts.com. i love the look of the hood and its only $289

next is the K&N FIPK cold air kit with heat shield and a tune. then a borla or flowmaster exhaust kit (not sure which one just yet)

can you take your car to a shop and have it tuned or do i have to buy a tuner?

any comments, suggestions or help are greatly appreciated. have a good day everyone.

p.s. more pictures to come soon.
If you are planning on getting a CAI and then a tuner, then why not go with a JLT or C&L intake? They are about the same price and yield much better results than the K&N because they allow more air to flow through

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
If you are planning on getting a CAI and then a tuner, then why not go with a JLT or C&L intake? They are about the same price and yield much better results than the K&N because they allow more air to flow through
I agree...If you plan on getting it tuned, then you should look into a cai/tuner package. Cheaper then having it dyno tuned, and you will have the capability of adjusting parameters, if needed for future mods.

As for the hood...That price is REALLY cheap. I would research the company, and customer reviews, before purchase. I'd hate to see you having to dish out alot more money to fab it, prior to install.

05 Mustang GT Coupe (Modifications in profile)
91 Mustang LX 5.0 Convertible (Bone Stock)

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice

thnaks for all the help, keep it comin. as for the hood it's from Mustang Body Kits - Wheels Parts and Mustang Accessories that advertises right here on the forums. but i'll def. check on that. i looked into the c&l, and jlt intakes and they brought another question to mind. on the sites they say legal in all 50 states without a tune, but what happens if i go through with a tune, what states have problems with this. i'm just a little confused on the subject. thanks again.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwal View Post
thnaks for all the help, keep it comin. as for the hood it's from Mustang Body Kits - Wheels Parts and Mustang Accessories that advertises right here on the forums. but i'll def. check on that. i looked into the c&l, and jlt intakes and they brought another question to mind. on the sites they say legal in all 50 states without a tune, but what happens if i go through with a tune, what states have problems with this. i'm just a little confused on the subject. thanks again.
With a tune, there is a potential of going over the emissions legal for that state. In fact, there is small print on the packaging that comes with the tuners that states "not legal on pollution controlled vehicles". That being said there are plenty of people with tunes that have passed emissions.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Most dyno tuners require you to have your own handheld anyway.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008
GT Member

...and with a CAI you have to get it tuned anyway.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008
GT Member
S197 Member

those hood on that website are insanely cheap!!!! I wonder why?

2006 Vista Blue Mustang GT:
Mods: ||EdelBrock E-Force Stage 1// Brenspeed 93 Dyno Tune// Pypes LT headers, O/R H-pipe// GT500 Fuel System// Borla Stingers// MGW Shifter// Hawk HPS// Powerslot Rotors// CHE: UCA / LCA/ Anti-Squats/ K-member/ Panhard Brace// Nitto NT555's (daily)// Infinity Sound// CDC Chin// MT ET Streets (track)||
www .GutterMindedConcepts.com
447rwhp 419ft-lbs - Stage Zero
* 466 rwhp 441ft-lbs - Stage 1 *
Brenspeed Supporter!
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT speeder13 View Post
those hood on that website are insanely cheap!!!! I wonder why?
I have the same concern.

1965 Mustang Coupe
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FREAKNAZTY
i looked into them and i dunno something is just not right about it ...... if you do order keep us posted on the quailty for sure

TOO MUCH TO LIST ......NOT ENOUGH TO BRAG ABOUT
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREAKNAZTY View Post
i looked into them and i dunno something is just not right about it ...... if you do order keep us posted on the quailty for sure
Yea I'm REALLY looking at pulling the trigger yet somethings just saying not to
Keep us posted after purchase and pics of install
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjferro View Post
Yea I'm REALLY looking at pulling the trigger yet somethings just saying not to
Keep us posted after purchase and pics of install
+1, i was debating ordering a hood because for under 300 bucks for a hood, especially one with vents and air inlets in a STEAL. But i worry about prep issues, fitment, and overall quality.

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice

they said that it's gel-coated but it doesn't have a channel for the air or for water shed so i'm thinking it might not be such a deal. i'm thinking of just getting the actual supersnake hood from ford because i do want to eventually put the gt500 bumper cover on mine. just can't find a take-off for the gt500 yet.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FREAKNAZTY
well thats the thing i know the quality is probably gaarbage but for the price it may be cheaper then getting a good hood with the prep work ........ hell i dunno i almost bought it yesterday no-lie even called the wife n told her it could be my b-day present she asked how much i told her she said BUY IT NOW lol she knows im an expensive shopper lmao

TOO MUCH TO LIST ......NOT ENOUGH TO BRAG ABOUT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page