Need some direction - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Kinda of my fault, but when you see something that you gotta have its hard not to sign on the dotted line. She has warmed up to the car enough for me to park where it can still be seen from the house! Its a start

My feet are tired from chasing "THE DREAM":walksmile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05FLStangGT View Post
Hold on a second, I just spit my coffee all over the computer screen. "Honey....Come see how much Mark has spent...You see I am not that bad" :hihi:
lmao, oh you guys,lol. i`m glad i dont have money to mess with all that stuff. i get greif just cause" you spend more time on the mustang forums than with me". and" your allways messin with that car, cant you just be happy with how it is?" my answere was to do some remodeling, install heat, and put the satalite tv in the garage right away. gotta have a comfy dog house just in case

05 V6 auto,
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegencyGT View Post
I was wondering if the motor and tranny swap was the way to go but remain undecided. I try not to involve my wife too much on the build of this vehicle, firstly she does'nt care much about cars, so long as I don't break the bank ans secondly "our" first Mustang purchase wasn't to smooth(for her). I kinda went to work one day in our 3 month old SUV and came home in "our" new Mustang GT. "Our" quickly turned into "mine" and so did the couch for a few nights!
I drove home with mine one day too. Big mistake not coordinating prior. She's hated it from that day.

1965 Mustang Coupe

Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfrisch View Post
Maybe helping divorce lawyers.
Nah... After 21 years she's used to this.

1965 Mustang Coupe
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
I drove home with mine one day too. Big mistake not coordinating prior. She's hated it from that day.
So the mystery is finally out.
It's my wife's fault I have mine. Her Uncle who worked at Ford sent her a picture of the prototype and she told me I was going to love the car.
Crap, went off topic again.
(I am one of the "off topic gang") people.

Ahem, to get back to the topic, Splash guards should be on your list.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Well, getting back to the modding topic, I think I may save up and go for a supercharger with a "safe" boost setting of no more than 8lbs. It may take a bit so I'll continue with smaller mods like gears, driveshaft and some sort of header and h-pipe combo. As far as my wife goes I'm already rehearsing my "why I need a $5500 dollar car part" speech. I tried the whole I believe in love at first sight bit when I bought the car and tried to relate it to how I fell in love with her at first sight too, that didn't go over too well, so my supercharger bit needs to be on point! I'll keep you guys updated on progress, as I may need a place to crash in the near future!

My feet are tired from chasing "THE DREAM":walksmile
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FREAKNAZTY
i was told the same thing run the hell outa the stocker then get the forged block me personally i will be running 11lbs on a turbo but if your that worried you could run 9lbs no prob and from what im told with a good tune you'll never have a problem with it ( from quite a few people might i add ) so i broke down and just went with the turbo as per if you do the block first you will actually lose hp if you go with the right compression , unless you go with a stroker then you will roughly break even

TOO MUCH TO LIST ......NOT ENOUGH TO BRAG ABOUT
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FREAKNAZTY
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05FLStangGT View Post
Hold on a second, I just spit my coffee all over the computer screen. "Honey....Come see how much Mark has spent...You see I am not that bad" :hihi:

now that is funny right there i dont care who you are lol

and i tryed telling my wife that this forum saves us money because every1 says what does and doesnt work so their is no buying parts that dont work but for some reason shes not buying that lol hell i dont blame her yall are worse than a bar with a sign saying "serving free beer" to a alcholic lmao its all yall fault yall are bad influences

TOO MUCH TO LIST ......NOT ENOUGH TO BRAG ABOUT
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREAKNAZTY View Post
now that is funny right there i dont care who you are lol

and i tryed telling my wife that this forum saves us money because every1 says what does and doesnt work so their is no buying parts that dont work but for some reason shes not buying that lol hell i dont blame her yall are worse than a bar with a sign saying "serving free beer" to a alcholic lmao its all yall fault yall are bad influences
You got that right :hihi: I modded my old 86 GT in the past, and when I purchased my 05 I told myself "I am keeping this baby bone stock", which the wife was happy for. I joined this forum, and the rest is history. Thanks a lot guys!

05 Mustang GT Coupe (Modifications in profile)
91 Mustang LX 5.0 Convertible (Bone Stock)

Classic Member
S197 Member

Forums were the worst things ever created. .

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page