05 back from the collision shop - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

05 back from the collision shop

after 2 long weeks, i went and picked my car up yesterday from the shop after a run in with a 8 point buck. aside from the shiny crap they put on my new tires, it looked like a new car again, the paint work is awesome. but when i first talked to the body shop owner, i told him i wanted to pay extra to have the pass side headlight replaced at the same time as the broken driv side so they would both look new as it was a little pitted and i wanted them to match.he agreed to change it, and repaint the drivers door as a tradeoff by using a takeoff hood instead of new. so as i was moving the car last night, just after dark, i got out to look and was horrified that the new one( driver side) was foggy and scratchy lookin, and the old one which looks way better other than the pitts was not changed. none the less, it looks like crap. i called him this morning, i`m gonna take the car back to the shop this evening and pull it in the paint shop at closing time. he said it will be dark in there cause i want him to see it. he said he ordered both lights and ford sent 2 lefts. if that left is new from fords, i`m dissapointed in them. they should look brand new crystal clear i think. i`m not one to complain much, but i was willing to spend money to have the new headlights in the first place. now the bumper has to come back off. he seems very willing to make me happy, so i`ll see what happens tonight.

05 V6 auto,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Make sure you let your insurance company know.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

really? i thought i would give the guy a chance, and he seems willing enough. the shop owner is also a adjuster for the insur co. the total cost of repairs was just over 5000, which i dont care, thats why i have the insur and only had to pay the 100.00 deductable. my car looked like new for a 05, and its because it has some work done before i got it i`m sure. how else could a car with 47,000 miles not have a stone chip in the frt end and a flawless hood. but thats why i bought it, cause it looked so good, and the price was right. i just want it to look the best it can while i`m making payments. i dont know that i want to stir up the pot, i just want clean, clear lights.

05 V6 auto,

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
See what the shop will do for you but certainly let your ins co know if they give you any grief.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008
GT Member
S197 Member

most bodyshops buy ford recycled parts/panels from other salvaged cars, if they cant find the parts they need, then they buy new parts... surprising, but that's what I heard when I was getting my car fixed! I told them to bill my insurance and put all new parts, and thats what they did...

2006 Vista Blue Mustang GT:
Mods: ||EdelBrock E-Force Stage 1// Brenspeed 93 Dyno Tune// Pypes LT headers, O/R H-pipe// GT500 Fuel System// Borla Stingers// MGW Shifter// Hawk HPS// Powerslot Rotors// CHE: UCA / LCA/ Anti-Squats/ K-member/ Panhard Brace// Nitto NT555's (daily)// Infinity Sound// CDC Chin// MT ET Streets (track)||
www .GutterMindedConcepts.com
447rwhp 419ft-lbs - Stage Zero
* 466 rwhp 441ft-lbs - Stage 1 *
Brenspeed Supporter!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

ya, i dont know much about the headlights in these cars, but looking through the frt, the black reflector in there has a burnt spot in the" new one", so i know its not new. i`m headed over there in a couple hours to show him. i dont know if that reflector is part of the headlight or if its the old one i had that got a burnt spot when i crashed it. none the less, the lense itself looks real bad. maybe somebody can tell me,,

05 V6 auto,
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

well gt speeder13, you were right. i asked him to replace the pass side headlight with a new one while it was apart and i would pay whatever it cost so it matched the new one. turned out he didnt, and installed some old reconditioned light on the driv side that looked way worse than my original. so i met him at his body shop at close time yesterday and showed him how bad it looked in the dark.he agreed it looked like crap. he said he had to use a used part since the car was not new.( according to state farm) so today i`m going back and hes gonna pull the bumper and install 2 new lights. not sure what this will cost me yet. then on the way home, i put on the a/c and that didnt work either. so now i have to tell him that today too. this is gonna turn into a long drawn out saga i`m afraid. what a pain in the butt. ive been with state farm for 20 something years, i might call the lizzard or cave guys

05 V6 auto,
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

i think this thread is over. the saga has ended. he replaced his reconditioned headlight with a new one, and charged me 100.00 for a new one for the pass side. tuned out they vacuumed the a/c but didnt recharge it. so the car looks great again, cost me 200.00( but that was some of my duel exaust, intake, tuner money) oh well, gotta keep workin. thanks for letting me vent, it helped

05 V6 auto,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page