Satellite Radio Antenna Installation in 07 GT - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Cool Satellite Radio Antenna Installation in 07 GT

I have a 07 GT convertible and was wondering whats the best way to get the satellite radio antenna wire from the trunk lid to the front of the interior up to the dash. Not sure how the interior panels come off. I assume they are all clipped on since no screws are visible. Any great on ideas on how to run this wire in a convertible would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008
PONY Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

i ran mine under the sill plate on the passenger side. but i am re-thinking putting the antenna on the deck lid. when i open the trunk it leaves a funny loop in the wire and it is umm unsightly. my antenna is in the middle of the leading edge of the trunk lid.

Last edited by BBFcapri; 10-03-2008 at 09:01 PM. Reason: add info
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008
PONY Member
S197 Member

Stealth Sirius Antenna

I installed mine under the liner on the rear deck. This 'Stealth' install works great! Reception is the same as my F150 with the antenna on the roof.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P7240032.JPG
Views:	3811
Size:	669.4 KB
ID:	52870   Click image for larger version

Name:	P7240033.JPG
Views:	3958
Size:	758.5 KB
ID:	52871   Click image for larger version

Name:	P7240037.jpg
Views:	1898
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	52872  

2006 RedFire GT Coupe, Premium, Dark Charcoal Leather, Shaker 500, 5-Sp Manual, Active Anti-Theft, IUP, 18" Polished Bullitts, Side Airbags.
Mods: WebElectric Sequentials, OEM Sirius Satellite Radio, OEM Plenum Cover, FRPP GTA Axle Backs, G-TECH PRO RR, C&L Racer CAI / X3 / Brenspeed 91 Tune, Ford Racing 'Bullitt' Strut Brace, Hurst Billet Shifter.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008 Thread Starter
S197 Member

I can't mount mine on the rear deck under the rear window because when I put the top down the rear deck gets moved as the top is coming down into the car. Thats why I posted this question about the convertible. What is the best place to mount this antenna in a convertible to be able to run the antenna wire with limited hassles. Has anyone done this on the convertible?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008
PONY Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoStang View Post
I installed mine under the liner on the rear deck. This 'Stealth' install works great! Reception is the same as my F150 with the antenna on the roof.
that is AWSOME! thanks!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008
Apprentice

Riordan,
The factory stangs have it on the trunklid I believe? Wonder how they are mounted?

Have you upgraded the sound system in the car?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008
PONY Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyheel View Post
Riordan,
The factory stangs have it on the trunklid I believe? Wonder how they are mounted?

Have you upgraded the sound system in the car?
my money is on the wire following the hinge. i was going to do mine that way when i installed it but i was worried about it getting pinched. i have the worst luck with xm antennas.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I mounted mine on the corner of the drivers side front fender. Ran the wire on the inside of the door, under the floor mat, and into the console. Very simple and no hassle.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Question Satellite Radio antennae

Still wondering if someone came up with a good idea on how to run the antennae wire from the dash back to the trunk lid or somewhere else in the rear. I still haven't installed one yet but would like to do it sometime this winter when I can't drive it. I have satellite radio in my company car and would like to switch it from vehicle to vehicle. I have not upgraded my sound system. I have the Shaker 500 radio system and I think it sounds just great the way it is. Any suggestions on the antennae installation would be welcome. Do not like the idea of mounting in the front. I have seen it on a few other stangs and I don't care for the appearance of it on the hood area.
Apprentice

The Nav unit GPS antenna is mounted under the dash, looking up through the windshield. There is a convenient spot above the heater box that is easily accessed by dropping the glovebox down. Why don't you try that and see how it works?

=vic=
Apprentice

I mounted mine on the windshield header because that's all steel up there. Ran the wire under the windshield windlace and down to the fender, under the windlace between the fender and the door, then under the passenger side trim panel, behind the glove compartment, over to the radio cradle mounted next to the factory stereo on the dash.

2006 Legend Lime GT 5M Premium Convertible. All Motor!
Apprentice

I installed a factory Sirius kit in my 07 vert. The receiver in mounted in the trunk, so the harness had to be routed from the radio to the trunk, which is essentially the same job you are talking about. You have to take the rear seat cushion out. The side panels, door sill panel, etc. are fastened with clips and you just pull the panels out for the most part. For the rear seat quarter panel (below the quarter window, pull the top cover off first and work your way down. I assume you are using a magnetic antenna. I mounted mine on the front edge of the trunk lid at first, but opening and closing the trunk caused the wire insulation to seperate. I bought a second antenna and installed it on the panel ahead of the lid so the wire doesn't move. Reception is just as good in that location.

illini4
PONY Member

I ran mine from inside the deck lid, around the bottom of the rear seat to the center console, across the floor between the front seats, and nehind the dash. It tucks away very nicely... I think the only place it's visible is just an inch or so in the gap between the rear seat and the center console.

I recommend using double sided 3M tape to stick the antenna down. I just relied on the magnet, and when I took it off, it left bits of aluminum (what was the Sirius logo) stuck to my paint! And when I tried to get it off, it left bad swirls. Needs some kind of pad or something...

~HA
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

try running the cable under the car and mounting it on the inside of your rear bumper. the plastic of the bumper shouldn't be enough to block the signal and no one will ever see it.

SHO
GT500 Front End Swap, Monster H1 Deep Draw Hood, Web Electric Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Coyote Tail Lights, 2010 Interior Door Panals, 2012 Sun Visors w/ Illuminated Mirrors and Homelink
GO
Coming Soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page