Bottom end build this winter!! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Bottom end build this winter!!

Alright folks, looks like this winters project is gonna be a bottom end build:nogrinner looking for opinions. I'm gonna keep the stock block, and turn up the boost. looking for mid 10's next year.

Magnacharger Roots type blower Intercooled with a 3.00 pulley, Steeda CAI, BBK Twin 62MM T/B, GT500 fuel pumps, 39# injectors, HTO plugs, BBK headers, Pypes off road X-pipe Flowmaster Catbacks, AEM Wideband A/F Gauge and boost gauge, Hurst shifter, CHE LCA's, CHE LCA relocation brackets, CHE panhard bar, Eibach Pro kit, BFG Drag radials,

464 RWHP 434 TQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

I know they are a little more then others but I would go with the parts form Livernois. I have done some reading and they are ahead of the others.
Others here have had some problems with MMR so do some research here.

There are plenty of other to get rotating assmy. form, look at the warranty.
Let us know who you decide to go with

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelers View Post
I know they are a little more then others but I would go with the parts form Livernois. I have done some reading and they are ahead of the others.
Others here have had some problems with MMR so do some research here.

There are plenty of other to get rotating assmy. form, look at the warranty.
Let us know who you decide to go with
Yeah I've been lookin really hard at Livernois, What do you thing about Just having the block honed compared to a bore?

Magnacharger Roots type blower Intercooled with a 3.00 pulley, Steeda CAI, BBK Twin 62MM T/B, GT500 fuel pumps, 39# injectors, HTO plugs, BBK headers, Pypes off road X-pipe Flowmaster Catbacks, AEM Wideband A/F Gauge and boost gauge, Hurst shifter, CHE LCA's, CHE LCA relocation brackets, CHE panhard bar, Eibach Pro kit, BFG Drag radials,

464 RWHP 434 TQ

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

That all depends on the miles you have on it and how it measures out. That will tell you what you need.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

I see. The car has 12,000 miles and I think having the block honed will be fine, but if I'm gonna have the motor out I need to look at all options power wise that is. I have more things I want to do this winter like a Detroit truetrac, 1 piece driveshaft, bigger injectors, roll cage ect.... I just hope the wireless industry does me good this winter so the money is right

464 RWHP 434 TQ
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
I run the Eagle 298 stroker kit (8.8:1 compression). There is also a .20 over 301 kit (8.6:1 compression).

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page