Help me make my 2007 Mustang v6 sound like a classic - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Help me make my 2007 Mustang v6 sound like a classic

i visited my uncles house this weekend and he brought out his 1969 Mach1, and boy does it sound great.

was wonder if anyone knew how to make my V6 sound like it or close to it.

i want it to be very loud, because its very quiet right now.

let me know if you have any ideas

thanks

2007 Mustang GT 5 Speed, JBA Longtubes, Offroad H-pipe, MAC SS Axelbacks, E-Forece Supercharger

480HP/507TQ [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008
GT Member
5.0L Member

Check out the v6 threads. They should be able to help you out!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
--Thomas Jefferson
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008
Global Moderator
Mustang II Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to heavy metal
Welcome to the site!!!! The V6 will never sound even close to the Mach 1.But there are some sound threads here you can check out and find a sound that you like.

Cherish those around you,for at the blink
of an eye,they can be gone.

AFM GLOBAL MODERATOR

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008
GT Member

Only way to make a v6 sound like a classic without rebuilding the engine completly is to pull out that little 6 cylinder and drop in a 5.4l v8 then replace that restrictive stock exhaust and your on your way or just tell uncle to let you have the real pony
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008
gbc

not quite possible to get your 6 pack to sound like unc's mach 1, but could come close via a super charger/new exhaust system....be a great daily driver/with attitude - has been done, but at what cost, maybe best option....used mustang g-t, with a-pipes/catback.
cheers from 2004 cobra with a 600rwhp whipple attitude
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008
GT Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbc View Post
not quite possible to get your 6 pack to sound like unc's mach 1, but could come close via a super charger/new exhaust system....be a great daily driver/with attitude - has been done, but at what cost, maybe best option....used mustang g-t, with a-pipes/catback.
cheers from 2004 cobra with a 600rwhp whipple attitude

The guy just wants a deep louder sounding car. What's the reason for the s/c. It adds no sound value to the car?

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
--Thomas Jefferson
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008
GT Member
5.0L Member

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...r-threads.html

Heres a thread with ALOT of info on v6 exhust.
Injoy all the reading (you'll need some time)!!

--Thomas Jefferson
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Unfortunately, the harmonics of a v6 are completely different than those of a V8. There is really nothing you can do to make it sound like a V8, all you can do is make it sound better than all the other sixers out there.

Just go to an NHRA or other drag race event and you'll see what I mean. The sixers, even with open headers, still sound like sixers. The V8's sound like V8's.

2007 Mustang GT Premium
Redfire Metallic w/ Dark Charcoal Leather Interior
5-speed manual w/ Hurst Competition Plus Shifter
18" Polished Fan Blade Wheels
GT Appearance Pkg
Interior Upgrade Pkg
Airaid CAI w/ FRPP Tune
Roush Lowering Springs
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008
SHELBY GT 500 Member
S197 Member

All that is ture, you will never get a v6 to sound like a v8 of any year no matter what you do to it.

2011 GT Candy Red
07 REDFIRE GT Gone
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to burnrubber4.0
+1 on the past posts, if you just want a more agressive sound tho, go with a borla or frpp axleback. theyre basically the same muffler, just depends on what you want to see stamped on the exhaust tip, borla or ford racing. i went with the borla cuz i had the extra $, and i havent looked back since. definately go with atleast one of those choices. heck, swap the whole system and go duals would be even better. also get a tuner and a CAI.

2006 4.0 V6 Mustang/X Charger #128
Mods: Too many, check out my profile.
Probably currently under modification...
My wheels are for sale! Look in the classifieds!
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to A7X1031
You can get a decent setup so at low RPMs it sounds like a beefy engine but V6 engines will always show their true size at WOT. At cruising speeds you can get the engine to sound pretty good.

-A7X-
~Stang Syndicate Boston~ *2006 Torch Red GT* 10/10/07
Performance: Borla FRPP Stingers w/ True Dual Midpipes, Magnaflow High Flow Cats, JLT CAI, Bama 93 Race Tune, Ford Racing 4.10 Gears, Nitto 555 Extremes.
Visual: Black AVS Tail Light Trim, Honeycomb Tail Light Vinyl, Black Racing stripes, 35% Window Tint, Trunk Blackout Panel, Billet Antenna Delete, Mirror Covers, 17" Konig "Further" Rims, Quarter Window Louvers, 20% Tinted Head Light/Turn Signal, Boss C-Stripes, CS/GT C-Scoops.
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

The supercharger comment is useless, unless you want it to be faster than Mach1 no need to add S/C. S/C sound wil make it roar like a wolf, not lion
The loudest you can go is no cats, no muffler, just starit pipe but you never get the classic sound, hell even with the 4.6L V8 you cant get the classic Mustang sound because they are using carb and new Mustangs have so much new technology that decreases the sound.

13' Mustang GT 5.0L Grabber Blue 401a, 6spd manual, Brembo brake pkg with Boss radiator, engine oil cooler, Torsen differential & 3.73 gears. Back up camera with Navigation.
Mods - Flowmaster Outlaw, Roush front, side, rear splitter. Roush hood scoop + quarter window louvers, Barton 2 piece shifter bracket
ModsStang

My brother and I were just talking about that.... how you can't get one of these to sound old school.... he mentioned why, but I forgot... sounded similar to ^^^
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
The only way you are gonna get your stang to sound like that is to record it on a cd and play it on MAX while you drive. The stock exhaust is so quiet that maybe you can fool some little kids.

4.5L Stroker Kit, SSM Custom cams, Wiseco forged pistons, ARP 2000 head studs, Mac Long Tube Headers, FRPP Oil Cooling System, 4.10 Gears, K&N Performance Filter, NGK Iridium Spark Plugs, 39lb Ford Racing Fuel Injectors, MAC Performance Pro Chamber, 2.25" dual straight pipes, 4" chrome tips, DynoMax Super Turbo Mufflers, 4" Aluminum Driveshaft, Eleanor Hood, CDC Aggressive chin spoiler, Koni Sport suspension, AppRadio 4 with PC, spunkymunkymusic.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page