Buy now or wait till November - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008 Thread Starter

Buy now or wait till November

I am about to pick up a new 09' from my local dealership. The question is do I wait for November for a better deal?

I would think in light of Fords current financial situation they mentioned this month that they would be offering some kind of a better incentive come next month. Right now they are offering $1500 customer cash up from $1000 last month. I wonder if it would go higher?

Anyone have any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008
Global Moderator
Mustang II Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to heavy metal
I would wait and see,should be bale to get a better deal....

Cherish those around you,for at the blink
of an eye,they can be gone.

AFM GLOBAL MODERATOR
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008
S197 Member

I am conservative on this issue and if you are driving a car in decent shape and is possibly paid off, or about to be, do not incur any additional or more debt at this time. Keep your job and your head down. Continue driving the present car at least through the winter, take the money you would have put down on the new car and add to it and in time when you can, buy the highest rate 6 month CD you can and wait for at least 6 months. I know you want the new car, but with a little more money to buy it in 6 months, the deals might be better or you at least will have more down payment money. At least think about it.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008
PONY Member

I'm in the business, and I don't think the deals are going to get any better. The dealers and I mean all brands, are doing what they can to stay open. If you think that's not good enough, then keep waiting. Finally, we are in for a long downturn and you need to be sure your job is secure.

2006 GT 5-Spd, Performance White w/ PAINTED Blue Pearl stripes,
Roush hood scoop, Hurst Shifter, Raptor Shift Light, Steeda Cold Air, Predator 93 Tune, Ford Racing Ceramic Shorty Headers, MRT AeroTurbine Axle-backs, Prothane "Bullet" Engine Mounts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, GT500 Struts & Shocks, UMI Performance LCA Relo Brackets & LCA's, UMI Upper Control Arm, MRT Panhard Bar, Prothane Swaybar Bushings, MMcc5-1 Caster/Camber plates, FRPP 4.10's,
Black 18" FR500s w/ BFG KDW 255/45-18's.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008
S197 Member

If you can find a new 08 Mustang GT it's $4,000 cash or 0% financing for up to 6 years. This offer ends November 3rd. May be possible to still find an 08 as bad as sales have been. Go to a dealer and they can search for you. Also if they find one you like you probably can get them to wave the fee to have it brought to their dealership if you ask.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008
GT Member
S197 Member

agreed, 0% interest will save you about $3K to as much as $6K in interest alone, depending on your current credit. that's a good enough deal if you ask me.

2006 Vista Blue Mustang GT:
Mods: ||EdelBrock E-Force Stage 1// Brenspeed 93 Dyno Tune// Pypes LT headers, O/R H-pipe// GT500 Fuel System// Borla Stingers// MGW Shifter// Hawk HPS// Powerslot Rotors// CHE: UCA / LCA/ Anti-Squats/ K-member/ Panhard Brace// Nitto NT555's (daily)// Infinity Sound// CDC Chin// MT ET Streets (track)||
www .GutterMindedConcepts.com
447rwhp 419ft-lbs - Stage Zero
* 466 rwhp 441ft-lbs - Stage 1 *
Brenspeed Supporter!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008
PONY Member
S197 Member

I'd stick it out & wait for the 2010 model. If you gotta have it now, then go for the 08 model with the bigger rebate.

13 Shelby GT500 - SVT Perf Pak - SVT Trak Pak - Electronics Pkg w/NAV - Leather Recaros - JL Audio Stereo Upgrade
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Save your money, then when you are ready to move on a car, wait until the very last day of that month. Right now as slow as the Auto industry is, any dealer that has been slow will practicly give you the car just to make their numbers for the month.
The dealer that I work for has been doing just about everything to get rid of all the new cars they can. They gave a guy with a 89 toyota 4x4 ( 230k ) $2300 on trade and knocked the car he was buying almost $3700 below invoice.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2008
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

If this will be your daily driver, I'd wait until spring unless you get an unbelievable deal. While the current generation handles better on snow than in the past, it's still not fantastic.

Current ride: 2014 Deep Impact Blue V6 Premium Convertible with Pony Package.

Former ride:2005 Torch Red V6 Convertible, premium interior with dark charcoal leather. PIE aux input adaptor/XM SkiFi3, GT muffler, K&N drop in air filter, GT front and rear sway bars. CAI and tune in the near future!
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Agree with the others. The economy is going to get worse before it gets better.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page