Mac Pro Chamber - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Mac Pro Chamber

Does anyone run the Mac Pro Chamber? What do you think about it?

DetroitMuscle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008
Rookie
S197 Member

Thumbs up I like them... kinda.

I have MACs on my '06 GT. i got them second hand, and they were cheap, I ahve trouble justifying spending $400 on a non-performance part. They are loud, which I like, in a deep roar kinda sound. Some things that tamed the boom a little bit were lowering my idle speed, it's quieter at idle, and for some reason, might be unrelated, my underdrive pulleys (I put on Saleen's) make my exhaust quieter.

They have a nice roar when you get on them and thier build quality is extremely high, they're fabricated stainless. I have noticed a drone in the cabin @~2k RPM in overdrive. It only really bothers me whan i'm talking to someone... otherwise i like the 'song' of the 3V. the stockers have a musical note.

If I could, i'd get the Bullitt mufflers. I like the rasp of them. it's more of a 'glasspack' sound than a 'turbo' sound, for any old-school Thrush guys who remember the 'Bad Old days'.

The only thing not to love is the drone. Good luck.

I Am Legend... Lime.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptain Amerika View Post
I have MACs on my '06 GT. i got them second hand, and they were cheap, I ahve trouble justifying spending $400 on a non-performance part. They are loud, which I like, in a deep roar kinda sound. Some things that tamed the boom a little bit were lowering my idle speed, it's quieter at idle, and for some reason, might be unrelated, my underdrive pulleys (I put on Saleen's) make my exhaust quieter.

They have a nice roar when you get on them and thier build quality is extremely high, they're fabricated stainless. I have noticed a drone in the cabin @~2k RPM in overdrive. It only really bothers me whan i'm talking to someone... otherwise i like the 'song' of the 3V. the stockers have a musical note.

If I could, i'd get the Bullitt mufflers. I like the rasp of them. it's more of a 'glasspack' sound than a 'turbo' sound, for any old-school Thrush guys who remember the 'Bad Old days'.

The only thing not to love is the drone. Good luck.
You're talking about Mac axleback though aren't you. Do you also have the Pro-Chamber midpipe cause I think that's what he's referring to.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2008
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to A7X1031
My friend has one on his 03 GT matched with borla catback and it sounds sick. Its extremely loud too if thats what your going for.

-A7X-
~Stang Syndicate Boston~ *2006 Torch Red GT* 10/10/07
Performance: Borla FRPP Stingers w/ True Dual Midpipes, Magnaflow High Flow Cats, JLT CAI, Bama 93 Race Tune, Ford Racing 4.10 Gears, Nitto 555 Extremes.
Visual: Black AVS Tail Light Trim, Honeycomb Tail Light Vinyl, Black Racing stripes, 35% Window Tint, Trunk Blackout Panel, Billet Antenna Delete, Mirror Covers, 17" Konig "Further" Rims, Quarter Window Louvers, 20% Tinted Head Light/Turn Signal, Boss C-Stripes, CS/GT C-Scoops.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page