2005 Mustang v6 to a 2006 Mustang v8 - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
MACH I Member
S197 Member

CAI and tune must be removed for any warranty work that gets done unless your dealership is really cool. No big deal though

Exhaust will get you even more people swearing and blaspheming in a good natured way.

Those three mods will make you love your car 100% more. Maybe that's an undrestatement. You'll have to let us know

You have made a good decision. And I think you know it. Congratulations on the new baby. Keep it clean or it will be as invisible as you think your old V6 was.

Get pictures in the sun and post them in your profile!

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

lol I envy your current situation! I would def. take a GT but am very proud of my v6. I get compliments on my car all the time. I think in general, people don't know the difference between the v6 and v8. I may wish more people did in 3 or 4 years when I get an 09 or 10 gt. still waiting to see what the new model is going to actually look like.

Performance: C&L CAI with Xcal 3 Tuner. 93 Race tune by Bamachips. GT sway Bars. 8.8 Rear axle with 4.10 gears. Dual Magnaflow Exhaust.

Not performance... 7 inch In dash Pioneer DVD/touch screen deck, Shaker 500 system, Chrome taillight trim. Sequential taillights. Window tint, Viper alarm with remote start. Cobra radar detector with GPS. Black 18" bullitt wheels with Sumitomo High Performance HTR Z II Tires.
how I pay for my mods: andydew.myvi.net
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
I don't know if your V6 had traction control but the GT does and if you want to abuse your rear tires just turn it off . But be careful.
You should make that part of your startup procedure: Turn on the key, then turn off TCS. It is always embarassing when you get on it and the TCS cuts you off. It is really only useful when it is raining.

So what mods are you planning for the GT?

07 Alloy GT: Mods on profile

MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

makes me wish i would of waited and bought a used one 28k for mine and the only thing stock on it really is the tranny and the seats lol. Shoot with that I have had in my garage you could probably convert a V6 into a GT...

I would get the black one and put some gold strips on it. Sense your partial to yellow and gold does look sick i would make a compromise and go with that.

PROCHARGER P1SC<WHIPPLE 3.4L
5.0 Stroker Built and Blown
"DEVISTATOR"
Check out my build thread in 2005+ Talk
PONY Member
S197 Member

Man your cool... your grandma drives a mustang!

I don't own a snow shovel.
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to bugsfix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchstang View Post
You should make that part of your startup procedure: Turn on the key, then turn off TCS. It is always embarassing when you get on it and the TCS cuts you off. It is really only useful when it is raining.

So what mods are you planning for the GT?

I had typed out a HUGE reply and my computer crashed...

Anyway,

First Im going to get tints... I had them in the v6 and I cant drive without them now...

Limo tints all the way around and 1/3 of the front windshield limo tinted(v6 has these tints, I love em)

Next is the cai, exhaust, and a tune.. I think the exhaust will come first so that way I can tune for the exhaust and the fact I cant stand the v6 being louder than the GT..

as far as the exhaust goes there are SOOO many options its hard.. I was thinking kooks long headers, a offroad mid-pipe, and slp loudmouth axle backs..(that should be loud?) In my area we dont have any emissions laws or any smog checking crap so no worries there...

I have eibach sportline springs for the v6 and as far as I know they wont fit the gt cause no point in buying all the extra parts needed to install the spring on the v6 when I could use that money for the gt( I already feel the v6 getting ignored lol)

after all that, future plans (probably after the winter) are 20" 7 spoke black saleen wheels, gt500 front end, not sure what I want for the rear, window louvers( not 100% sure as its gonna be all black anyway).... hid headlights, smoked turn signals and rear taillights....

thats about as far as I have got with what I want to get out of the car... my ultimate goal is to have all these mods done BEFORE 25k miles... hopefully the first 3 within the next 1k miles...

2006 Mustang GT - Black
Mods: Limo Tint, SLP loudmouths, C&L Racer CAI, Tillman 93 Street Tune, HID Headlights, Black Saleen 7 Spoke 20x10 & 20x9, 4.10 FRPP gears
Next: Suspension
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page