Kiss my engine Bye-Bye !!! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by .boB View Post
>> So my question before I "pop" the money is.......Who knows what about Coast High Performance GOOD or BAD ?????? <<<

Coast High has an excellent reputation with the Cobra crowd. High quality parts, and excellent assembly. BUT... they're not always that prompt. If they tell you it will take 2 weeks, don't be surprised if it takes 4.
As Judistang said, doing a google search can't hurt.
In my experience there are three ways to buy something:
Price
Quality
or Time.

Pick any two.
If it means waiting a couple extra weeks to get a good deal on a quality product, it's worth it.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to RetroGT2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by myltlpny View Post
Price
Quality
or Time.

Pick any two.
If it means waiting a couple extra weeks to get a good deal on a quality product, it's worth it.
Hmm, i should listen to this. A guy i know is hooking me up with a huge discount on a Vortech V3 Si trim intercooled.. I have the money for it, he is just waiting on a final price.. im getting impatient, but wont say anything- ill just wait. Like you said its worth it even if you have to wait a few weeks to get the good deal..

Daily Driver: 2006 Honda CBR600rr
Weekend Warrior: 2006 Mustang GT
Rookie
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005 white s197 View Post
Well it happened, third pull and BANG, fire and everything........so much for factory connecting rods! Number 6 cyl, decided it didn't like being in side the engine I guess. Good news is I made 540hp and 435lbs. of torque at 5500rpm at 10psi on the old Vortech before she blew. Gota-love it!!!!. So now am looking at purchasing a Coast High Performance short block with all the goodies plus balanced and blueprinted for 2134.95 with free shipping. I figure by the time I built my own short block with all the cool stuff this one has and all the running around I would be into for that cost at least. So my question before I "pop" the money is.......Who knows what about Coast High Performance GOOD or BAD ??????
Hey, so I'm starting to research on new internals. What did you end up going with on yours?

2008 Vapor Metallic Mustang GT
AR LT/Off road H-Pipe/Axle back Flowmasters/JLT CAI/X-3 Tuner/4:10's/BBK throttle body/MGW short throw/

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myltlpny View Post
Price
Quality
or Time.

Pick any two.
Confucius say ... Actually, that's pretty inscrutable.

On something of the scale of an engine, I'd be tempted to find a local supplier with a similar product and price, on the grounds that it'll be a lot easier to resolve problems than with some remote business who may or may not be eager to help someone that isn't looking daggers at them across a counter.

Not that I have any experience that would lead me to believe Coast High Performance isn't eager. I have had experience with remote businesses who abandoned their products once I pointed out the shortcomings.

rustydisk - a set on Flickr

ADDED: 2014 GT 5.0A conv. black: electronics, comfort, security, CA plate (FLICK U); assembled 06-13-2014, delivered 09-25-2014; odometer today (03-21-2016) 4,321.5(--> DELETED --> 2013 5.06M coupe, black:: Odo LAST day (09-25-2014) 7,975) (--> DELETED --> 2008 GT/CS: Odo LAST day (10-22-2012): 9,719.3; #2075 of 2509 convertibles, #560 of 718 in Ebony. 2009 GT/CS: Odo last day (09-08-2012): 12,000.1; #34 of 1705 coupes, #3 of 377 in Performance White. <-- DELETED <--)
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005 white s197 View Post
When you took apart motor what did you discover??
i was completely missing two rods and my number 6 piston was in metal shards on the bottom of my oil pan. At least thats what we expected sense there was no sign of a piston in the block

PROCHARGER P1SC<WHIPPLE 3.4L
5.0 Stroker Built and Blown
"DEVISTATOR"
Check out my build thread in 2005+ Talk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page