Strange Cracking Sound in 2005 + Mustangs - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Strange Cracking Sound in 2005 + Mustangs

Always I hear Cracking sound in the front wheels when I drive my car.

I don't think its a big problem but is this nurmal since all my frinds having same problem with there mustangs.

Regards,

SAUDI ARABIA, Riyadh City
2006 V8 MUSTANG GT / 330HP.
HUNTER X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008
GT Member

umm... what do you mean cracking sound? I dont have any cracking sounds from my front wheels.... you need to describe more.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

yeahhhh i dont hear any cracking in my front wheels??..

07 V6 Satin Silver "Hot Sauce". Exterior-Custom painted Roush side louvers, Roush style S197 tribute stripes, Astra Hammond aluminum back louvers, C-Series Ducktail, Eject button
Performance- Coming soon.. hopefully

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Its defecult to explain but i always hear it when I drive my car in a tough road.

My local ford dealer said it's normal but i am still woundering.

HUNTER X
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNTER X View Post
Its defecult to explain but i always hear it when I drive my car in a tough road.

My local ford dealer said it's normal but i am still woundering.
i would be leary about that ford dealership.

i mean a rough road will definitley make for a bumpy ride and give you noises as the car goes up and down... more like thumpy sounds.... but cracking doesnt sound right.

is this cracking sound constant? or is more like in and out? if its constant i think somethings wrong. if its in and out... perhaps its just hard to explain and understand on a forum without being able to hearing it.... considering your saying all your friends have the same sound it probably isnt a problem.... but if the sound is constant i would say somethings not correct.... cuz i definitely dont have anything like that.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

jaystar86

Thank for your information.

I will recheck this matter with my ford car delar again

HUNTER X
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008
PONY Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

a lot for people get this in time

mustang v6, s&b intake, with painted cover flowmaster, 16x7 in front 17x9 in back,with 2 inch drop in the front, costume paint on rims, black grill, with gt fog lights with angel lights, and running mustang, smoked headlights, with headlight splitters, smoked out turning lights, racing stripes, blackout trunk kit, all new audio system, 4 jl audio 5x7 speakers front and back 2 jl 12 inch w6v2 with 2 jl 500/1 amps and pa system 1967 mustang working on
-----------
one act of kindness at a time
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008
PONY Member

My front end has a "creak" / pop in the front when I cut it deep and the weight shifts just right... usually it involves an incline (such as turning into a driveway or turning as I cross a speed bump). Dealership refuses to touch it because they "can't reproduce", even though the techs have admitted hearing it while I'm driving it for them.

My Dad's a mechanic, so we jacked it up and wiggled around. I believe it's a buggered upper strut mount bearing. As the strut rotates, the bearing is binding and then popping free when there's horizontal stress. Just my total shot in the dark, but that's the area my noise is coming from. May not have anything to do with yours.

I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. Figured I'd just replace the whole works with an upgraded front suspension if it got too bad, and the heck with the dealership.

~HA
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Thats B.S. that ford wont touch it because they cant reproduce the sound if you can make it do the noise for them and they hear it isn't that reproducing.
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
I believe i heard it the other day when i had my music off for a change. I think i was just driving over the little markers in the middle of the road, you know.... the reflective ones. Try driving a little more over to the right side of the lane and see if the noise goes away

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

you are right the sound looks like this.

(dodk promp kik bb odk)

If you read the above line with same way I wrote it you will understand the noise.

Sorry for my poor explanation.

HUNTER X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page