Rebadging of my GT - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Rebadging of my GT

Has anyone had any experience rebadging their car? I want to switch my GT logo for the pony tri-bar and was wondering what size (4 or 4 1/2) and if the holes from the GT logo lined up with the pony tri-bar. Also how hard is it to remove the GT logo?
Finally, is the OEM faux gas cap really plastic or metal? I ask because Moss Motors has a pony cap but it is plastic.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008
PONY Member

I think the badges are just stick on, take a hair dryer and heat them. They should come off no problem, no holes to fill or line up.

2007 Vista Blue GT, tu-tone Tuxedo Black. Turbonetics turbo kit ,tru-fiber ramair hood, upr adjustable upper, tubular lowers,Pypes muffler delete, wms stealth hood-pins, roush rear-window louvers, JLT Carbon Fiber radiator cover. 18" staggered Stealth Black Godspeed Omegas, MGW short throw shifter, Oracle blue halo's

1987 Buick GN 46k
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008
MACH I Member
S197 Member

2005+ V6 right side emblem - 6R3Z-16228-A
John's Mustang RUNNING PONY FENDER EMBLEM [6R3Z-16228-A]
2005+ V6 left side emblem - 6R3Z-16228-B
John's Mustang RUNNING PONY FENDER EMBLEM [6R3Z-16228-B]

2005+ V6 rear badge - 5R3Z-6342528-AA
http://fordmustang.biz/Catalog/4433/

I have an '07 GT. I changed out the GT side emblems (I did not change the rear badge).

I used fishing line to "cut" through the double sided tape that held the GT emblems on. The V6 emblems fit perfect. The alignment holes left from the GT badges line up with the V6 emblems alignment studs.

I believe the OEM rear badge is plastic.

2007 GT, 5 speed, Paxton 2200

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Patstang
Not sure on the hole size, but, I believe the faux gas cap is plastic & can be removed with a heat source. There will be two holes behind it.

2006 GT Premium: Vista Blue, Hurst, CDC shaker, boomtubes,chromed taillight, brake light, & quarter markers trim. JLT/SCT 93 C & M of Hubertus, WI dyno tune, JLT cold air routing to filter. Sequential Tails, Magnetic black out panel.

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor: 70 mm TB, SCT tune, VX mufflers, J-Mod, 3.73 Eaton limited slip, moose tenderizer.

2003 Mercury Marauder: Kooks long tubes, K & N CAI.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to RetroGT2006
I always wanted to put the tri bar ponies on. Just never got around to ordering them and what not. May do that eventually, for me right now since im so close to buying the big mod (Vortech Blower kit) once i purchase that, and it is installed and tuned i plan to go for a break upgrade. Then i will aim to do the little stuff.

The tribar ponies rock! I am content on how my car looks for now, now i need the "Go" lol

Daily Driver: 2006 Honda CBR600rr
Weekend Warrior: 2006 Mustang GT
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008
Apprentice
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to bugsfix
I always wondered how they were held on there...... Im going for a total blacked out look and wanted to remove the badges. oh well, no point in paying all that money for body work just to get badge holes filled and repainted.. Though Maybe I can find black badges...

2006 Mustang GT - Black
Mods: Limo Tint, SLP loudmouths, C&L Racer CAI, Tillman 93 Street Tune, HID Headlights, Black Saleen 7 Spoke 20x10 & 20x9, 4.10 FRPP gears
Next: Suspension
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
A heat gun (on low) with fishing line works wonders. Clean up an residual goo with napthalene or 3M adhesive remover.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
I rebadge my "GT" with the Running Pony w/Tribar....the "GT" emblem was just stuck on, a hair dryer and fishing line worked wonders. As for the Running Pony emblem, I used the current V6 Pony Package emblem, worked perfectly.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon View Post
A heat gun (on low) with fishing line works wonders. Clean up an residual goo with napthalene or 3M adhesive remover.
Exactly what I was going to say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page