Cant decide bout headers... - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
S197 Member

I did a little research on the web and it turns out OBX headers are made in China. That makes sense. For that price you knew they were either complete junk or made abroad. Seems like a decent part, but no way I'd ever buy them. Thanks, but no thanks. I do my best to avoid imported parts whenever possible (sometimes it isn't!). Whatever I'll buy will be made in the USA if I can help it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwmustang06 View Post
I did a little research on the web and it turns out OBX headers are made in China. That makes sense. For that price you knew they were either complete junk or made abroad. Seems like a decent part, but no way I'd ever buy them. Thanks, but no thanks. I do my best to avoid imported parts whenever possible (sometimes it isn't!). Whatever I'll buy will be made in the USA if I can help it.
no prob just trying to give you some options, and as far as complete junk they are very nice pieces and if you look at them and then look at jba they dang near look like copys. all the welds are TIG and the stainless looks flawless....headers for the new cars are way to much money imo.

PONY Member

I have to say a good pair of shorties are fine as long as you are not going to supercharge it especially over the restricting stock ones that have that crazy crimp in them. I used BBK shorties for a long time on my 308 with a 100 shot of NOS and worked great and were way better then the restricting stock ones. Any brand aftermarket shorties are better then stock headers. Also long tubes will hurt your torque if that matters to you but will give you more HP then shorties. I run MAC LT's because I went SC.

408 stroker 4 bolt dart block, novi 2000, Single stage nitrous,dart pro heads, 3-1/2" mac long tubes, All forged eagle internals, blow through custom AED built holley sitting on Edlebrock Super Victor Intake. ford 9 ' W/ 3.73 gears, 5 speed modified tremec TKO 600 by MMR with cryo treated gears W/ spec stage 3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, Front coilovers, Tube k-member with flaming river steering rack, Full AeroMotive fuel system. Snow meth injection and MSD 6AL2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page