First icy roads are here, time to plan mods for next spring... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member

First icy roads are here, time to plan mods for next spring...

Well, first real icy roads have hit minnesota today, so the stang is in the garage for the winter. I was thinking about slapping on some snow tires and driving her for the winter, put decided to park it and bought an old 94 taurus to slide around in. Anyways, in order to keep myself from thinking about not having the stang for the next 4 months, I've been making a gameplan for my mods next spring. Let me know what you think...
I really want to put on a roush hood scoop and 1/4 louvers. I was looking online, and they look real nice. Has anyone put them on their stang? I was also thinking black racing stripes. I was debating between paint or vinyl, but I think I am going to go with vinyl mainly because of the price difference between the two. And I hear the vinyls do a decent job of holding up and maintaining quality.
I have the black mustang door stripe on my car, so I would think black would probably be the only color racing stripes i could go with. Does anyone have a white stang with black stripes or a picture of one? I am curious to know if they are happy with how it turned out. I'd think it would look good with the door stripe. And one more thing about the stripes. I know there are multiple styles to choose from. What do you all think looks best on the 05+ models? I was thinking about the 10 inch stripes, not really sure about how far apart to have them, I am definitely open to suggestions...
And finally, I think I am going to swap out the 7.5 rear end for the 8.8. Mainly because I want to put in 4.10 gears and the limited slip differential, and figured it might be easier to just go with the takeoff axle than worry about buying the new gears and differential and installing them independently. Plus, if I ever save up the money for a big power adder (which I am hoping too ), then I know that axle should at least be able to take it.
So, that's the plan for now. Sorry it was so long, I am just anxious to drive my baby again. And I've only been without it for one day...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Sounds like a good plan... I have some pictures of my car with black vinyl stripes in my profile.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I am also very curious about winter driving here in Ohio. Last winter was very harsh and we had record snow fall. anyone know of decent snow tires, and things to get my baby ready for the winter? I am thinking about just saving up over the winter for future mods. what do you guys think? I am considering black racing stipes, 1/4 louvers (silver) and rear louvers, black, and 18" black bullit rims. Is this too much black? I have not seen anyone with this set up, so I am curious.

Performance: C&L CAI with Xcal 3 Tuner. 93 Race tune by Bamachips. GT sway Bars. 8.8 Rear axle with 4.10 gears. Dual Magnaflow Exhaust.

Not performance... 7 inch In dash Pioneer DVD/touch screen deck, Shaker 500 system, Chrome taillight trim. Sequential taillights. Window tint, Viper alarm with remote start. Cobra radar detector with GPS. Black 18" bullitt wheels with Sumitomo High Performance HTR Z II Tires.
how I pay for my mods: andydew.myvi.net

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008
V6 Member
S197 Member

Definately don't subject your car to the road salt up there!

One thing nice about AZ is the abundance of rust-free vehicles... And I can drive my Stang year-round...
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member

thats an awesome point sadlsore. When debating whether to drive the stang or not during the winter, it wasn't really the rwd that was worrying me, it was all the salt they put on the road, and just how hard winter miles are on a car. I am definitely glad i decided to buy an older car to us in the snow...
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member

thanks stl, the black does look nice on the white. What style hood scoop and stripes are those?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2008
PONY Member

When I lived in Michigan, I got my first major winter mod.

I moved to Texas.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I wish I had the luxury of having the money for an older car to drive for the winter. This is my only car and I don't even have a lot of money saved up for mods

Performance: C&L CAI with Xcal 3 Tuner. 93 Race tune by Bamachips. GT sway Bars. 8.8 Rear axle with 4.10 gears. Dual Magnaflow Exhaust.

Not performance... 7 inch In dash Pioneer DVD/touch screen deck, Shaker 500 system, Chrome taillight trim. Sequential taillights. Window tint, Viper alarm with remote start. Cobra radar detector with GPS. Black 18" bullitt wheels with Sumitomo High Performance HTR Z II Tires.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-09-2008
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewness View Post
I wish I had the luxury of having the money for an older car to drive for the winter. This is my only car and I don't even have a lot of money saved up for mods
I am in the same boat as you. So i am just going to drive nice and safe, and next winter get some snow shoes

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Does anyone know how much snow tires help, and how expensive they are generally?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page