automatic,shifter noise,good laugh on me! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
automatic,shifter noise,good laugh on me!

hey guys,just an FYI.
i heard this little rattle coming from my shifter,i have full dual on my car,and the car has a little more vibration to it. anyway,i decided last night to remove the little screw and see whats goin on!
i pulled up and it disconnected the O/D wire. well you think no big deal,well take a look,trust me,no room for hands. so i took apart my entire center counsel,and removed the shifter cover tower just to attach a little wire.[absolutly no slack in the wire!] wait it gets better!! the center of the shifter has this little push down rod,so you can change gears [very fragile piece also!], DONT TURN IT!! i did, it went flying, i cant even go into the details,but by this time i was ready to puke and crap myself at the same time. luckily i am pretty good with taking stuff apart and reassembling. i got it all back together and working like nothing ever was touched, but MAN! dont touch this stuff unless you are prepared for the worse thing to happen. oh yeah, it still rattles just my luck.
just thought you guys would get a laugh! i am know,but not last night! happy motoring

anybody have any good stories to tell?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to RetroGT2006
Lol, note to self.. dont touch the auto shifter in my ride- leave it alone.. (luckily mine doesn't rattle)

Daily Driver: 2006 Honda CBR600rr
Weekend Warrior: 2006 Mustang GT
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Well at least you were able to get it back together!

2007 Mustang GT Vista Blue
740RWHP/motor 904RWHP/spray
9.01 @ 152 mph 1/4 mile, 1.40 60'
2008 Clash of the Titans World Finals Champion
2009 Strictly Street Points leader/ET & MPH Record Holder

2009 GT500 Grabber Orange Vert 594 RWHP
11.5 @ 120mph it's my slow car!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
yeah,but i was panicing for a while, i was like,how am i gonna explain this to the wife! would not have been a cheap repair.
got very lucky,very!

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to RedMosesSC
The best way to learn about your car is to brake it and or take it apart and ultimately put it back together. Your recent situation built both Mustang Knowledge and Character.

Now GO install some MODS!

2006 Saleen S281 SC #1247 || Screaming Yellow || Scenic Roof || Watts Link || 3.6 Pulley || Extreme CAI || 39# Inj || Autolite HT .030 || JDM tune || Steeda F&R Sway Bars w/ Billet Mounts, adj UCA & LCA's || Magnaflow catted X Pipe || MGW ||

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
wow.... that doesn't sound like a very fun way to spend a few hours...... glad it got back together. Its not like you can even buy an aftermarket one if its broken to try and smooth things over with the wife..

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I love it! I can just picture you talking to your wife if you hadn't been able to get it back together.

"Why aren't you taking the Mustang to work today honey?"

"Well, it's such a nice November day I just thought I'd take the bicycle for a ride on the interstate today."
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Nothing like those self-inflicted ones!

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page