Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas gifts

2K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  SilverBullet07 
#1 ·
hey guys, me and my GF just exchanged presents last night, and she got me a sequential tailights kit, a license plate holder that says "Mustang" and has a running pony on it, and some mustang cologne... man does she know the way to my heart... :bigthumbsup :bounce2:

i installed the kit today,it looks awesome, but someone told me that if i touched my bulbs they will break, any truth to that?

#2 ·
Girls have a nice gentle touch. Just let your girlfriend handle your "bulbs".

#3 ·
gary, you are very interesting individual, but ya are pretty funny

#5 ·
i installed the kit today,it looks awesome, but someone told me that if i touched my bulbs they will break, any truth to that?
Its true for HID's that if you get the oil from your fingers on them they will break. But for your standard tail light bulbs, you'll be fine. I used my bare hands when i installed the sequentials over a year ago and i check my tail lights every day to see if the bulbs are out and never had a one out *knocking on wood*

#6 ·
hey guys, me and my GF just exchanged presents last night, and she got me a sequential tailights kit, a license plate holder that says "Mustang" and has a running pony on it, and some mustang cologne... man does she know the way to my heart... :bigthumbsup :bounce2:

Good deal! I won some sequentials, just waiting to install.
Like Hotshot mentioned, It only applies to lights that get very hot such high intensities, halogen's. The oil from your fingers can create hotspots on the bulb shortening it's life. The oil can be removed with alcohol. Incandescents are not affected.

#7 ·
When I put my sequentials on I just scrubbed my hands real well before I switched them. You could always wipe em down with a paper towel and alcohol like suggested above.

#8 ·
yeahhhh... the thing is, i already put em in, and i REALLY dont feel like screwin around with those damn nuts and sh!t all over again.

#9 ·

Congrats on some great gifts and early too. No you don't have to worry about those bulbs, just the headlight and fog lights.:bigthumbsup

gary, you are very interesting individual, but ya are pretty funny
And wait till you meet sqidd :laugh:

#10 ·
HID yes, LED no. You shouldn't have any issue.

#12 ·
i got her a heart pendant for her pandora charm bracelet, a stuffed hippo( she loves hippos), a window decal that says "GOT HIPPO?" and mario kart for the wii

#21 ·
Your going to love watching the people behind you point at your lights!

I used gloves to install mine and wiped them down real well just to be on the safe side!

Enjoy and do something special for that gal of yours!!

#30 ·
Nice gifts for your Stang! ...and Valentines Day is next,some Agent 47 mirrors should be on your girls list of gifts to get your ride.:)

My daughter ordered the new lower CS grille from SHR for my X-mas gift. My wife ordered me a really nice Mustang leather jacket.

#31 ·
haha, i like the way you think, i like how its a gift for "MY RIDE", not for me, think i could get away with writing her a christmas list to her from MY RIDE, and then a list to her FROM ME?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.