More Livewire Problems!? C'Mon SCT! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to burnrubber4.0
More Livewire Problems!? C'Mon SCT!

Well today i decided to get my car out and drive it some just cuz decently warm days and clear roads in January for Indiana aren't very common. So after getting my car out, i turned my car on and like always turned my Livewire monitor on. first of all the screen seemed kind of dim but not so much that you couldn't read it or anything. well about 10min later i noticed i gradually got to where it was so dim that you couldn't read a thing so i just turned it off without really playing with it. Well i got around to play with the settings later and i could hardly read anything, couldn't even get to my display settings, just a blank blue screen! Finally after a few hours of computer surfing and head scratching along with a few choice words i tried again. This time, oddly enough, i got my screen back like normal. I went to my display settings and fooled around with it and the only half way decent picture i could get was with my contrast and brightness maxed out? then the weirdest thing happened, my screen pretty much turned upside down. i had to flip over my monitor and read things backwards. so i unplugged and tried again but got my normal screen like always, messed with it some more and it did it again? if a really had to take a guess id say it was a bad connection inside the tuner, or even a bad plug or power cord? i guess i dunno what i should do and was wondering if anyone had heard of anything like this. I really don't wanna send it back to SCT again, that was a pain. it did something similar to this last year too, and other than waiting 3 weeks, SCT sent it back fixed and in a new housing. also i know the livewire doesnt have the best rep, but ive really grown to love having the monitor on my dash where i can see pretty much everything and its easier to monitor your speed when you wanna mash that pedal for a good mile or so. well just kind of going through all my resources, figured AFM could help me out yet again. thanks if you have any ideas lmk.

2006 4.0 V6 Mustang/X Charger #128
Mods: Too many, check out my profile.
Probably currently under modification...
My wheels are for sale! Look in the classifieds!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
I think it may be time for an exorcism! Clearly there's something going on internally. Do you always keep it in the car? Do you think it could have frozen and damaged the LCD?

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009

Just some added info, My livewire is always inside my car (florida heat) sometimes on a hot day I have the same dim screen but after I drive the car for a while with some wind flowing it goes back to normal. as far as your screen flip... were your buttons still the same or were they swapped around? The controller for the monitor is mounted on a separate board inside the livewire, I don't believe a connection would be the problem. I had a customer a while back who wanted to get rid of the monitor and have it display on an onboard pc in his car. We had to do A-LOT of re-programming but in the code there is a single output command which controls the direction of the monitor. My guess would be temperature is playing a big role in your problem. I would contact SCT and see what they say. Post up what they say. Also check out my livewire cover, if you love yours as much as I do this will definately make it shine... sometimes I forget im driving 'cause im staring at it. lol but I recommend not doing that... Keep us informed

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009
GT Member

I would tell SCT all the problems and send it to themand have them fix it or replace it as a defective item three weeks sucks but there is no real reason to have it out everyday messing with it unlwess your a die hard racer even then there are only so many races in three weeks. I had a problem with my livewire but it was my fault I tuned it and then put it back to stock evertime I retuned it instead of just overwriting the new tune I didn't have a tuner before and didn't know you could go over your old tune, well in the end the damn thing keept freezing at 99% and making sounds contacted SCT and they were clueless. I found out I was uploading the tune wrong by returning back to stock, I stopeed doing that and the problem never came back knock on wood.

Basically do what you have to do to get it fixed.

And by any chance do you have the wideband that connects to it.

2008 Mustang GT, On3Performance Turbo Kit 9 PSI, , LFP 4in One Piece DS, MMR Rear Coil Overs, Competition Engineering 3 Way ajustable Rear Shocks, WOT Box, 3:73 gears, B&M LCA

PB [email protected], [email protected]
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to burnrubber4.0
hey spencer, that a pretty cool cover haha. i wish i had more chrome in my car though, id get it. i guess ill just stick it out, if temp seems to be a problem for other people then maybe its just cold? i dont think anything inside could have froze though, ive had it in the garage under a car cover for 2 months. i found my isb cord, its been inside all night ill play with it a little more and if i cant fix it myself ill give sct a call and let yall know what they say. thanks for the help so far

2006 4.0 V6 Mustang/X Charger #128
Mods: Too many, check out my profile.
Probably currently under modification...
My wheels are for sale! Look in the classifieds!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
See how it works inside in the warmth.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page